Writing-up Have you ever taken a novel psychedelic substance (ex: 2C-B, 1P-LSD, 4-ACO-DMT)? If so, we would like to learn from your experience.

Maas_Psychedelica

Greenlighter
We are researchers at Maastricht University, and are about to start a range of experimental trials with novel psychoactive drugs (NPS); psychedelic compounds often labelled as research chemicals which have yet been tested in man. Some of these, despite their considerable age and popularity (such as the archetypal Shulgin family of 2C-X compounds or the many flavours of tryptamine analogues) are sparsely documented.

So, as the scientific literature is lacking, we would like to learn as much as possible from the NPS using community, and are looking for people to tell us more about some of these substances! By providing us with key information regarding motivations for use, demographics, subjective effect profiles and dosing parameters, you would help inform new ventures for clinical research and provide groundwork for harm-reduction initiatives.

If you are at least 18 years of age and have a spare 15 minutes, please follow the link below for more information:
Experiences with NPS

As always, any/all information you give us is entirely anonymous and will be published in a publicly available, scientific peer-reviewed journal (you can find here here an example of our previous work).
This survey is expected to run until December 2020 and has been approved by the Ethical Committee of Psychology and Neuroscience (ERCPN), Maastricht University, Netherlands.

If you would like to know more about us, you can stay up to date with twitter. If any questions arise, do contact us through Bluelight or via one of our study coordinators:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Thank you for your help!

Took the survey. It would be useful for the other sections to allow for information about more than 1 drug at a time (especially in the dosage section).

Also, I am sure you are all aware, but the question about similarities to classical substances with regard to strength has the options stronger, weaker, and equivalent. This neglects drugs with steeper dose response curves. For example comparing 25i to LSD, the 25i is weaker at lower doses because it leaves one very clear headed, but going from 1.2 to 2.4 mg makes it a much stronger experience than a doubling in the dose of LSD.

I understand that you ask for an "average" dose, but many who experiment with novel psychedelics will take a range of doses to suit different occasions.

Either way big ups on studying rarer psychs, more data is always a good thing.

Took 2C-B several times and felt very much like a mild form of Acid. Tripped really good for about 4 hours and kept having tons of hallucinations. Kept on wondering was I there or here or did I walk to the place I was? Was I really standing there or was I just hallucinating I was there in my room, in the kitchen or sitting in the living room chair... all mellow and such? Body felt very Euphoric and I did not panic. Took an incredibly small ,small micro dose; about 10 milligrams worth. So imagine if I had done 50 milligrams? Imagine 100 milligrams? Talk about really tripping bad or something. Was told it did NOT take very much to effect you. So I went super tiny and what a fun experience. Just like a very tiny mild Acid trip ...Did acid in the 1980s so I never forgot tripping and partying, mostly in the days of Heavy Metal Concerts and metal bands. Went to Iron Maiden and Judas Priest concerts and loved to get wasted there. Had allot of fun in those days.