• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Have you ever itched till it bled, and then kept going...?

siq

Bluelighter
I just itched my big toe till it started bleeding, I just couldn't stop... Its sick what this drug does to you. I saw the blood and it didn't even phase me cuz it felt so fuckin good...

jesus christ man... wtf you on meth??

ive had some mean itches from dope n pills but it never got newhere near rubbin it til it bleed...

I never got itchy that much from opiates(maybe slightly sometimes) except when I took 4 Tylenol 4's in HighSchool and was scratching myself TO DEATH, it was not pleasant...I've had codiene since then I think, but that one time was just awful, and I probly did scratch until I bled, don't remember though...only thing I've done that on is DXM, which IMO is a fucking awful drug just because of the itching.

jesus christ man... wtf you on meth??

ive had some mean itches from dope n pills but it never got newhere near rubbin it til it bleed...
Nah meth doesnt make u itch, it makes u pick...

I know there's a few people whom opioid itching is a problem for. The current best theory I've read is that the itching is caused by histamine release in parts of the skin. Morphine, codeine, and heroin are in general much worse culprits for "the itchies" than other opioids. Antihistamines and topical anti-itch medications block a lot of the itch, try using 50mg diphenhydramien or promethazine, or mentholated foot powder or topical diphenhydramine cream.

You also need a little bit of mental control.. try to distract yourself or you will literally rip your skin open itching on opioids because there's much less painful feedback. If you scratch until it bleeds, for the love of god don't scratch any more or you'll leave scars. (And they'll hurt a lot more when the dope wears off!)

Itching from opiates would only happen to me the rare times I took what for me are moderate/high doses of opiates; but for most people these are low doses. I never used heroin only oxy, codeine, and vicodin. I never got into dope, or scratched until I bled.

Now I don't use any opiates or drugs at all.

Yeah it also made my athletes foot like 10x worst.. So maybe ill try the same cortizone creme i use for that

Ive done that the odd time from opiate itching, not intentional, its horrible xxx

Yes...and regretted it greatly afterwards. Always do it on my legs, and oh god, that raw skin + jeans... Nope.

aww man ive seen people itch there noses so bad they put scabs on it and elsse where....be carefull unless u want a infection.

If you need to itch though try using clouth and gently rub dont do it till you bleed man and like sekio said anithistamines usually work

I LOVE the itch! But what you're describing is obviously not something you want to do very often! When things get too tempting, I gulp a few benadryls. If the itching is more localized (mine tends to focus on my face and around my ribs), I'll rub OTC cortisone cream on the those spots.

Under the influence of various opioids, I have scratched my skin raw and still not been able to stop. I feel like most opioids have this effect, but morphine and heroin are the biggest culprits in producing the itch.

For me, it would always be my nose. I would rub the tip of my nose to scratch the itch, probably hundreds or thousands of times in a day. Just a little scratch here and there, but it would add up and when I was no longer high and my sensitivity to pain returned, I would be blown away by how raw I had scratched myself without knowing.

Disinfect with alcohol if the skin has been broken, that's just standard operating procedure. Also, apply a bandage to the effected area.

I read about a study that showed that itching areas farthest from your reach (back/lower legs) are the most pleasurable. I bet this with the opiates is what gets us to do it to that extent. Lotion is good. Unless you enjoy a good head scratch.