• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Have you ever had a mystical, religious, spiritual or revolutionary experience with psychedelics?

@SnafuInTheVoid

We all know there was a previous universe, how it was we don't yet know. Isn't a theory anymore because space is spinning this means that warm-holes as dark matter indeed exist and space has the ability to reproduce itself, more or less. Now to answer your question it's similar to..

No. I never took/take psychedelics because I'm scared to see something that will from then on be my worst nightmare. I have a really bad family history, and no, I know if I take psychedelics and are scared of them I will for sure have the worst trip ever. I want to avoid this. Reality is at the moment psychedelic enough.

jj

@SnafuInTheVoid

We all know there was a previous universe, how it was we don't yet know. Isn't a theory anymore because space is spinning this means that warm-holes as dark matter indeed exist and space has the ability to reproduce itself, more or less. Now to answer your question it's similar to..

I would love to get high with Alex Jones, seems like a fun guy... but I can't take anything he says seriously.

He's undoubtedly a smart guy, and knows some shit... but do you actually follow and believe what he is saying? He's a conspiracy nut.

Can you link me any studies/proof (which he mentions but doesn't say) on what he is ranting about?

In this video he rants about:

- people psychically & genetically interfacing with other dimensions with conciousness
- our bodies are a communal hive organisms of all our ancestors and race memories
- there are bad things that look like elves with horns, and there are good things but they don't contact you unless you contact them
- the Nazis were picked by interdimensional evil beings to rule the world
- China wants the world to be replaced by robots
- mentioned LSD was invented in the 1920/30s
- Nazis and wizards like Merlin were taking LSD and interfacing with crystal balls to communicate with interdimensional evil entities
- You can jack into evil easier than good, like Yoda says in star wars
- They had virtual reality goggles in the 60s
- @7:07 he says "I don't believe in this stuff"
- They had a mask in the 60s/70s which was a paper thin virtual reality screen
- he was shown how all this tech existed, but he's not at liberty to say
- scientists shut your heart off for 5 minutes, pump oxygen into your blood and you are allowed to meet alien elves for 5 minutes
- there is a secret compound in California where they feed people DMT in order to communicate messages from aliens for the government
- you can be killed by the government for knowing/saying this information (as he says it on the biggest podcast known to man)

A few minutes after this he asked for a trained MMA fighter to choke him out.

Come on man, do you honestly believe what this guy says? I have a schizophrenic friend and this is the type of shit he rants to me for HOURS. I love him as a friend, but he's fucking bonkers.

I'm beginning to wonder about you. Please stop derailing, trolling this thread and saying it's a useless discussion. I already PM'd you earlier trying to convey this to you.

Last edited:
Honestly I wish I could articulate what I see in a trip. I think one thing I can take from it at least is that I'm a very visual person. I mean I'm sure there are people who don't get visuals at all

The mystical part of the trip for me is the visuals. They kick in right after the whooshing sounds of the outside world subside

LSD silent darkness extreme high dose anything 300 ug +. This will usually result with merging with all of time and space the universe and god. How you integrate and process it is up to the individual. There are endless possibilities to the experience which are fine tuned to your beliefs. If your not a believer LSD will feel like a drug if you truly believe in the spiritual and god you will experience that. and a satanist will get experince pure fucking hell flames fire from the evil of satan.

If you want the truth though you will have to do 5 meo dmt and see it for yourself. No atheist survives 5meo dmt.

How you integrate and process it is up to the individual. There are endless possibilities to the experience which are fine tuned to your beliefs.
Great way to put it! I think you hit the nail on the head.

If you want the truth though you will have to do 5 meo dmt and see it for yourself. No atheist survives 5meo dmt.

I've never smoked pure 5meo, but when I lived in Arizona me and some buddies would capture bufo toads, milk their venom and smoke it.
Tried it a few times and it was always terrifying. N,N-DMT is much more valuable and enjoyable IMO. I've had more spiritual experiences on DMT (I'm agnostic and somewhat of Taoist).
5-MeO (w/ bufotenin and other alkaloids/poisons) is just too strong and too weird for me. I did once see every strand of DNA flying out of my body and forming some code on a background of pure white light, though. That was interesting.

I’ve had a few... A couple which lasted with me for years/months afterwards. To be honest I feel they are all “revolutionary” in their own way...

People often get this idea that psychedelics are going to change them completely after one experience. For many it’s more of slow process, each new experience building off the previous until one day you find your at a completely different level of thinking than you ever were before.

Slow and steady changes always beat out quick sudden changes in terms of overall longevity. Just like any healthy habit.

I remember for years when I was a bit younger my life felt like it was a book and each start and finish of a chapter was a psychedelic/empathogenic experience, that would alter my worldview in a way that felt as if I was ready for the next stage/chapter of life.

-GC

I have had quite a few. Psychedelic and dissociative combinations seem to be fairly reliable potentiators of mystical experiences for me. Interestingly, I'm somewhat unsure if I've ever truly experienced "ego death", or if I really have first hand understanding of what that is, or what people mean when they refer to this, but perhaps I have.

I am agnostic, although for all intents and purposes I am effectively atheist. However I would say that my use of psychedelics has probably shifted my perspective on life to a somewhat more spiritual, less strictly reductive materialist position, and has probably enabled me to entertain even more theistic ideas about the nature of reality from time to time, and I think I see more value now in at least speculating about certain traditionally religious ideas, and I can see some value in certain types of religious belief, whereas when I was younger I would have been a lot more dismissive of them.

I would say that probably my actual beliefs about the nature of reality have not really changed too much - but I feel that psychedelics have helped me to come to a greater understanding of the nature of perception, and what it is to be a temporary, materially incarnate consciousness in this bizarre world. Perhaps it's that I now see a lot less conflict between more traditionally theistic language, and more traditionally reductive materialist ways of describing the nature of being. For example, I feel like I understand what people mean when they say that "God works in mysterious ways", ie, everything happens for a reason and has some part in "God's plan for us", or talk about being grateful to god, or probably any number of other quotations. My perspective really is that god is not distinct from the immutable forces of nature and causality, but I also do not think that this in any way diminishes one, or elevates the other to any kind of undeserved supernatural position, and I generally think that when people think that it does do either of these things, the problem comes from a lack of understanding, or possibly a communication failure from the speaker, rather than a lack of belief, or a lack of rationality (although I would not rule out it being either of these things).

I think that it has also given me more of a fatalistic perspective on reality in that I do not believe that free will is something that really exists, in fact I don't really believe that "will" in any sense as something distinct from pure causality is a concept that really makes much sense - although I do recognise also that it is a somewhat important concept for our imperfect human minds, even if it is illusory. This probably has both positive and negative effects, positive in that I don't really see any value in regret or lamentations about the past, bad fortune, or past mistakes (although I am not entirely immune to such irrational trains of thought that my mind can sometimes still lead me down, as it is for all of us) and has helped me to accept things as they are in the present moment a lot better - but also negative in that it possibly makes me a little bit apathetic about the power of my own will. I think that it is probably not possible to live as a functional human being without holding somewhat conflicting ideas in one's head about the true nature of reality, and to fully let go of either idea is always going to be an imperfect solution, or maybe "incomplete" is a better word.

I have documented a few of my experiences as trip reports here but just to summarise:

• One of the earliest truly "mystical" experiences I would include was a trip on, I think, 4-AcO-DMT and a little ketamine, where I felt like I was truly in the presence of god in my lampshade, and just felt so overwhelmingly humbled, and also grateful to be alive, and even spoke to this silent deity thanking them for all I have in life and asking them to please look after my family and my friends... when I tell people this story, the profundity of the experience is usually overlooked, and most people take it somewhat comically, and I can appreciate this and do not (necessarily) take issue with this, but it was and remains one of the most profound and memorable experiences I have had on any drug - or even, perhaps, in my life, I will say.
  • On a combination of 3-HO-PCP + 4-HO-MET I experienced feeling like I WAS god, and simultaneously the essence of and the progenitor of the entire universe and everyone who existed within it. This was actually a profoundly harrowing experience, the experience of being god was one of immense suffering and a crushing, terrible burden. My interpretation somewhat after the fact was that this was, in a sense, a distillation of the essence of being, and in fact apart from being a period of certifiable, mercifully temporary psychosis, it was actually not an entirely inaccurate reflection of the nature of being, and in fact is something that is true for all of us, we all have experienced this, and will experience it again, as we flicker in and out of association with the entirety of what "we" are. This is the kind of language that I think can start to elicit strange looks from typically ultra-rational types (a typeset of personalities which in other contexts I might include myself within, I will note), and this is probably a communication failure on my part, to some extent, and it's something that even those with a more supernatural view of reality find hard to really understand - understandably, of course. This experience was radically different from any other mystical experience I've had before or since, and was strange in a way that really defies explanation, but it was still very profound.
  • On a combination of MXE + 2C-B I actually saw ethereal beings in the room with me, communicated with them wordlessly, and felt the presence of, and enquired about the wellbeing of my dead father. This was and remains one of the only times I've experienced actual "entity contact" in anything more than the most vague sense. But on the scale of "mystical / religious / revolutionary" experiences, I would actually put this a little lower on the scale than probably the other 2 experiences - it was still extremely profound, and when the truly otherworldly aspects had passed I was reduced to tears of inexplicable comfort and joy and again, humility and gratitude. But I rate this a little lower on that aforementioned scale still because my experience was a little removed from that of actual communion with something I perceived to be an omnipotent, somewhat sentient (or "super-sentient", perhaps) entity that I perceived to be a deity, if not the deity.

I've experienced briefer moments or hints of this "mysticalness" on more mild experiences, and equally I've had some extremely altering and powerful trips which I did not perceive to be nearly as mystical, but those are the ones that really stand out in my memory.

Last edited: