• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Have you ever had a docter perscribe you some STRONG pain killer?

a few points:

1. tramadol is an excellent pain killer for mild to moderate pain, BUT, its best use is in combination with another pain killer (such as paracetamol/acetominophen). this is perhaps why you may have found its pain relief activity not quite sufficient for your needs. i would recommend 1g of paracetamol 6 hourly (max 4g per day) along with tramadol 100mg every 6 hours (max 400mg per day - DO NOT exceed this. if you are older than 65 first of all, good for you for using bluelight! and also decrease that dose to 300mg. same goes for if you have dodgy kidneys)

see:

McQuay H. Edwards J. Meta-analysis of single dose oral tramadol plus acetaminophen in acute postoperative pain. European Journal of Anaesthesiology - Supplement. 28:19-22, 2003.

for more info on its synergistic effect with paracetamol

2. opioids are very addictive, in my experience, people are more likely to become addicted to morphine or oxycodone far more quickly than to heroin or cigarettes. in addition to this, contrary to popular belief, an addiction to opioids such as morphine etc is just as hard to shake as an addiction to heroin.

3. people who come in for opioids (whether it be in the ED or in general practice) are easy to spot for several reasons: they ask for drugs by name (ie pethidine, ms contin etc), they arent very good actors and they look dodgy (!) so in short, dont waste your time, doc-shopping shits me and it wastes doctors valuable time and they aint stupid! (steps off his soap-box)

4. if you need a strong pain killer you will be given it, doctors arent bastards, if you need strong pain relief you will be given it. BUT, if you honestly think it isnt working for you GO BACK TO THE SAME DOCTOR! from experience, a doctor is less likely to up the pain killer dose if they know you have already seen a few doctors with the same complaint.

celabrex is a good one, it is a steroid based pain killer for bad back pain and stugh :)

^ Actually the anti-inflammatory drug Celebrex (celecoxib) is a non-steroidal COX-2 inhibitor.

From RxList.com: http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/coxib_cp.htm
CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY

Mechanism of Action

CELEBREX is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug that exhibits anti-inflammatory analgesic, and antipyretic activities in animal models. The mechanism of action of CELEBREX is believed to be due to inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis, primarily via inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and at therapeutic concentrations in humans, CELEBREX does not inhibit the cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1) isoenzyme.

BigTrancer :)

Nothing stronger than Panadeine Forte has been prescribed to me.. they work okay for pain relief but if you want them for recreational use, well, you have to do a CWE ... I usually go for N+ anyway, just split em'!... shame docs don't prescrbe some stronger opiate painkillers, Hydro or Oxy... bummer eh?:(

IS you are serious about yourself being in pain look for a cox 2 inhibitor ..

Vioxx used to be good ..but they took it off the market.

Now there is just Miobic + Ceribril

None of these will trip you out, but they will stopthe pain.

Don't roll with these ok you'll get into a world of trouble

cox 2 inhibitors are only useful for pain that has an inflammatory base (as they are anti-inflammatory!). these drugs do not affect any pain pathways like paracetamol etc

Are the N+ splitters out there sure that this still works? Last I remember, it was working a while back, u got a pretty easy split with two clearly individual concave/convex lengthwise halves bound together, but then the new caplets they started producing didnt split easily anymore but just crumbled and split unevenly, ie caplet is no longer composed of half ibuprofen/half codeine but mixed?

I just demolished a perfectly good N+ caplet to prove myself right.....man i'm livin' the life ;)

^ There is a whole thread (6 pages) dedicated to eating nurofen. All discussion on that topic should be put in there.

Thanks, BigTrancer :)