• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Have YOU ever been to a psychic? Do YOU believe in telepathy?

Did the instructor or teacher believe you and your friend were cheating? Had you both taken a low dose of acid before the exam or were you both not on any drugs?

The teacher seemed quite baffled and couldn't see how we could have cheated. We hadn't taken any acid that day,but used to take it most weekends.

Well also I once found two four-leaved clovers in the same field on the same day - it doesn't mean anything at all.

I remembered an instance of telepathy I had some years ago. There was a guy from an agency helping me with rides and such. I remember being in the waiting room for an appointment one time and somehow the guy got on the subject of kidney stones. According to him, he gets a kidney stone something like every four years, so for him it's kind of like just... meh. But I remember after the conversation stopped then, there was a pause, and I'm quite sure he and I had the same epiphany. "I wonder what other people feel, or feel like inside." At that very moment, I suddenly felt what he felt and I was surprised. It seemed like I was feeling far more of my body or my surroundings than he was even remotely capable of.
My cat is telepathic
Mine sometimes pops into my third eye when I'm meditating. Not always sure what he wants, but it's incredible how he does that. When I see his face in my third eye, it's in technicolor.

Mine sometimes pops into my third eye when I'm meditating. Not always sure what he wants, but it's incredible how he does that. When I see his face in my third eye, it's in technicolor.
This could just mean your cat is very important to you and that you think he is great!

Note: cats do not speak English - if your cat is talking to you, see a doctor :ROFLMAO: (jk)

This could just mean your cat is very important to you and that you think he is great!

Note: cats do not speak English - if your cat is talking to you, see a doctor :ROFLMAO: (jk)
I see you're a skeptic.

The first time I astral projected, I was still mostly within the realm of my body and I saw my cat (since I had a very wide view as a result of astral projecting) jumping up onto my abdomen, even though my eyes were closed. I could see him in my third eye, climbing around on my front, and he looked like a hairless. It was kind of funny and somewhat shocking. But yes, my eyes were still closed. And no. I don't think of him very often. Most of the time I think about …

It seems what you're implying when I say "meditating" is I'm "thinking" of my cat and yet meditation is about ...

Remote viewing would definitely be a psychic ability. According to what i've read, it's mainly some trance state on a certain astral plane (or dimension) where you have access to heightened senses

These places somehow transcend space which allows you to open doors or rooms in the physical. Well that's what i get from the little i've read. It seems neat but my impression is the types doing this are at it for a living. Maybe it isn't even really considered a psychic ability. It's just me thinking that :)

I'm a skeptic because I simply don't believe if the phenomenon existed that we wouldn't have established it scientifically by now.

Also, I've seen how easily people can convince themselves of what they wanna believe over and over again.

So, until I find someone I can actually test and see that what they're doing is unable to be explained except by an unknown phenomenon, I shall continue not believing.

If I believed people just cause of their insistence that "I haven't seen what they have" etc etc I'd have to believe a pile of often contradictory things.

I'm a skeptic because I simply don't believe if the phenomenon existed that we wouldn't have established it scientifically by now.

Also, I've seen how easily people can convince themselves of what they wanna believe over and over again.

So, until I find someone I can actually test and see that what they're doing is unable to be explained except by an unknown phenomenon, I shall continue not believing.

If I believed people just cause of their insistence that "I haven't seen what they have" etc etc I'd have to believe a pile of often contradictory things.

Ok, but do you believe, for example, my story of how my mother predicted her father's death?

She has been psychic her whole life, and she is a Jungian psychonalyst, but she can't do it at will or read minds, she'll just have prophetic dreams.

The story goes like this;

Her father, my grandfather, had been in the hospital dying for like a year or more and could have died at any time, literally any time within that year or so, and it could have been a couple years, but it was definitely a year or more.

His wife, my grandmother, had died a few years earlier, and the night before my grandfather died she had a dream that my grandmother was sewing a quilt, and in Jungian analysis the completion of a quilt is often supposed to represent the end or completion of a person's life.

My grandmother said ''after all these years, your father is finally ready to move'', and when he said ''move'' everything shook and the word obviously meant more than the literal meaning...

The next day my mom was doing some laundry and the phone rang and my dad called to her.

He didn't say anything, he just called her name, and she IMMEDIATELY SAID ''MY FATHER JUST DIED!!'' and he had LITERALLY just passed MINUTES EARLIER.

It's too much to be a coincidence, SHE KNEW.

She also said that when she was talking to many of her patients in the days leading up to 9/11 MANY of them were having almost the exact same dream of birds falling out of the sky.....

Eerie and sad shit, but as a Jungian anaylst my mother believes in the collective unconscious and the idea that people's psyches are interlinked, to some extent like ants in an ant colony, but less so, and that this is why humanity has had so many common myths and symbols and religious ideas.

She has predicted the future on several occasions through dreams.

There was also a famous example of a man who predicted the start of World War 1.

I do believe in psychic abilities, to an extent that is, and that people can have prophetic dreams, but I don't think i buy the idea of telepathy or mind reading, or someone simply being able to look at someone else, especially someone they don't know, and tell their future.

My mom certainly cannot do that, but i do believe that people can have visions of future events that later come true without them having the ability to change them and only later realizing and making the connection after those events happen, and in many cases the idea of those being coincidences is actually a lot more far fetched and would have a much lower probability of being the case just based on how literal the connections are.

I think to some extent time may not be as linear as we think.

Ok, but do you believe, for example, my story of how my mother predicted her father's death?

She has been psychic her whole life, and she is a Jungian psychonalyst, but she can't do it at will or read minds, she'll just have prophetic dreams.

The story goes like this;

Her father, my grandfather, had been in the hospital dying for like a year or more and could have died at any time, literally any time within that year or so, and it could have been a couple years, but it was definitely a year or more.

His wife, my grandmother, had died a few years earlier, and the night before my grandfather died she had a dream that my grandmother was sewing a quilt, and in Jungian analysis the completion of a quilt is often supposed to represent the end or completion of a person's life.

My grandmother said ''after all these years, your father is finally ready to move'', and when he said ''move'' everything shook and the word obviously meant more than the literal meaning...

The next day my mom was doing some laundry and the phone rang and my dad called to her.

He didn't say anything, he just called her name, and she IMMEDIATELY SAID ''MY FATHER JUST DIED!!'' and he had LITERALLY just passed MINUTES EARLIER.

It's too much to be a coincidence, SHE KNEW.

She also said that when she was talking to many of her patients in the days leading up to 9/11 MANY of them were having almost the exact same dream of birds falling out of the sky.....

Eerie and sad shit, but as a Jungian anaylst my mother believes in the collective unconscious and the idea that people's psyches are interlinked, to some extent like ants in an ant colony, but less so, and that this is why humanity has had so many common myths and symbols and religious ideas.

She has predicted the future on several occasions through dreams.

There was also a famous example of a man who predicted the start of World War 1.

I do believe in psychic abilities, to an extent that is, and that people can have prophetic dreams, but I don't think i buy the idea of telepathy or mind reading, or someone simply being able to look at someone else, especially someone they don't know, and tell their future.

My mom certainly cannot do that, but i do believe that people can have visions of future events that later come true without them having the ability to change them and only later realizing and making the connection after those events happen, and in many cases the idea of those being coincidences is actually a lot more far fetched and would have a much lower probability of being the case just based on how literal the connections are.

I think to some extent time may not be as linear as we think.

I'm not sure id say that I really believe or not believe it. I can certainly think of some possible more mundane explanations. Mostly involving how people can over time and unintentionally have their recollection of events change.

That said, I don't deny that it happened either. And I have in fact experienced (not myself, but as a first hand witness) other people experiencing seemingly surprisingly well timed prophetic dreams.

Then again, I have no way of knowing that such people aren't experiencing dreams that could be interpreted in hindsight as prophecies all the time, and on the rare occasion they were right, that they might unintentionally find their memory playing tricks on them and making it seem more accurate than it was.

So, might there be more going on? More than we can explain with our current understanding? Perhaps. But even if so, it means no more than what it means. By which I mean that it can't be taken as evidence for any other supernational phenomenon, nor can any deductions be made about the cause or how the phenomenon works, except to say that something we can't yet explain is going on.

So yeah, neither believe nor not believe is probably the best description I can give. I can only go on what I have to go on.

I'm not sure id say that I really believe or not believe it. I can certainly think of some possible more mundane explanations. Mostly involving how people can over time and unintentionally have their recollection of events change.

That said, I don't deny that it happened either. And I have in fact experienced (not myself, but as a first hand witness) other people experiencing seemingly surprisingly well timed prophetic dreams.

Then again, I have no way of knowing that such people aren't experiencing dreams that could be interpreted in hindsight as prophecies all the time, and on the rare occasion they were right, that they might unintentionally find their memory playing tricks on them and making it seem more accurate than it was.

So, might there be more going on? More than we can explain with our current understanding? Perhaps. But even if so, it means no more than what it means. By which I mean that it can't be taken as evidence for any other supernational phenomenon, nor can any deductions be made about the cause or how the phenomenon works, except to say that something we can't yet explain is going on.

So yeah, neither believe nor not believe is probably the best description I can give. I can only go on what I have to go on.

Well, I don't know what you mean by ''incorrect recollection of events.''

This didn't happen long ago, like 15 years ago.

My mother mentioned the dream to my father upon waking that morning but BEFORE MY GRANDFATHER HAD PASSED, and he remembers it too.

There is no misremembering of events going on in this case; the dream occurred, was told first to my father as a witness, and my mother knew he had died within minutes of the phone call when he could have died at any moment within the past couple years.

If it's a coincidence, it's a pretty insane one.

What about all the people she talked to having the same dream of birds falling out of the sky and awakening in terror as if something terrible was going to happen prior to 9/11?

Would you not call all those people having the same dreams in the months prior to 9/11, but not earlier or after, quite unusual?

Being an agnostic I tend to question lots of things like you, not just god's existence, which i am more inclined NOT to believe in, though I remain open to it, but to the possibility of practically anything either being true or not being true, and my stance tends to be that as a mere human I can NEVER know with literally ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CERTAINTY as long as i live that ANYTHING is or isn't true.....but that does not mean that i do not form strong opinions, which i do continue to question, that are biased in one direction or another.

In this case, I am pretty biased towards believing that this is possible.

Not trying to push it on you, but again, there are cases where something being a coincidence is actually more unlikely.

I also would not refer to this kind of phenomenon i am talking about as ''supernatural'', but more just something we don't have an explanation for yet but that science one day will.

I think of ghosts or dieties or the ability to shoot fireballs lol as being ''supernatural'', but since the dawn of time there have been recorded writings of prophetic dreams.

I believe the human brain is just capable of much more than we can explain yet, but there is nothing about my story that has to do with anyone remembering anything incorrectly, that is for sure.

You gotta understand that I just don't trust people. Not simply in the sense of honesty, but in representing what they've experienced accurately, even with every intent to do so.

What I would want is for someone who has experienced such prophetic dreams, better still a few, to keep a record of all dreams they recall having, and their contents.

As well as a record of events in their life.

Then you might be about to objectively compare that to other people and see if some people's ability to experience prophetic dreams is outside the norm.

That's what I trust, I trust records. They don't change.

But a person's account is always changing. Even if they have no intention of doing so. You see it all the time. It's why witnesses are so unreliable in court. You can have several people who all saw the same thing and all honestly explain what the saw in totally different and mutually exclusive ways. You can coach them and have them change their recollection and honestly forget they ever said anything different.

In short, I don't trust people what people say they've experienced to be entirely accurate. Because they are so frequently wrong even when they're being totally honest. And because most people have no scientific training to even know what how unreliable their perceptions could be to start with.

You gotta understand that I just don't trust people. Not simply in the sense of honesty, but in representing what they've experienced accurately, even with every intent to do so.

What I would want is for someone who has experienced such prophetic dreams, better still a few, to keep a record of all dreams they recall having, and their contents.

As well as a record of events in their life.

Then you might be about to objectively compare that to other people and see if some people's ability to experience prophetic dreams is outside the norm.

That's what I trust, I trust records. They don't change.

But a person's account is always changing. Even if they have no intention of doing so. You see it all the time. It's why witnesses are so unreliable in court. You can have several people who all saw the same thing and all honestly explain what the saw in totally different and mutually exclusive ways. You can coach them and have them change their recollection and honestly forget they ever said anything different.

In short, I don't trust people what people say they've experienced to be entirely accurate. Because they are so frequently wrong even when they're being totally honest. And because most people have no scientific training to even know what how unreliable their perceptions could be to start with.

Yeah, but again, speaking to the specific situation i am talking about, there's nothing not to trust.

I mean, I am biased as i know my mom and you don't, but this all went down as reported, not long ago, with my father as witness.

As for recording dreams, my mother records them regularly, and very few have ever been prophetic.

There have been too many examples of prophetic dreams since the dawn of time for me to believe that statistically speaking ALL of them could be coincidence.

That would be, again, statistically more unlikely.

You have a skepticism that goes beyond even mine.

Yes, we all know how the mind plays tricks on itself and all of the things you say, and i'm sure my mother as a professional therapist of 30 or some odd years would be the first to say so, but there are very few facts to get wrong here;

1--dream was remembered and reported to my dad BEFORE grandfather passed
2--grandfather could have died at any time so coincidence is unlikely
3--mother knew he died the second the phone rang
4---it happened not long ago, certainly not long enough for details of a short dream to be forgotten by people with a good memory.

5--her and my father's account of what happened HAS NEVER CHANGED.

This isn't something with many details that can be misconstrued.

I am a bit of a skeptic too and one who questions many things, but again, prophetic dreams have happened for so many thousands of years that i see the probability of every one of them being coincidental as statistically unlikely, and where there is one there is bound to be more.

But in the situation i am talking about with my mother, there were so few details and it happened not long ago with my father as witness to the point that there really is not very much to misconstrue.....

...and as far as my mother talking to about 20 patients who all had dreams of birds falling out of the sky in the months leading up to 9/11....that could be interpreted in different ways, but it is VERY VERY odd.

I just can't see what there is to question about my mother's experience though.

i think if you knew her and spoke to her you'd believe this went down as i say it did.

I've been there to experience people I've known who had potentially prophetic dreams. My mother's had about 3, 2 in my lifetime. All similar to how you describe.

So don't get me wrong, I can absolutely believe that there could be more going on here. I'm not saying I absolutely don't believe it.

I just still have a degree of skepticism because I'm not sure it's really as statistically unlikely as you think.

Is it unlikely that someone would dream of someone being in an accident, then wake up and get a phone call that they'd been in an accident? Yes, in itself it's very unlikely.

But it has to be kept in its full context. There are an enormous number of bad things that can happen to someone. To have such a coincidence, you don't have to specifically dream of one particular event happening, you only need dream of potentially any kind of misfortune happening to any person you know, within a similar time frame, and be correct.

That's not quite as unlikely. The specific event itself is unlikely, but that any event like it could have happened may not be. A specific prophetic dream is quite a coincidence, but having any on any subject at all may not be. Especially if you're an anxious person. Or if the person you have the dream about is already sick to begin with.

I'm not saying that I believe it's all coincidence. I'm saying I don't know. I also don't like assuming that there can't be more mundane explanations that I'm not aware of. Because there's so little data to go on here.

All I have are anecdotes. That's enough for me to have an open mind. But it wouldn't be an open mind if I didn't continue to indulge the possibility that it may in fact be coincidental or that such a coincidence may not be as unlikely as it first appears.

Last edited: