• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Have We Classified Ketamine All Wrong? Is It Actually an Opioid??

I sure would not be so addict to O-PCE if there was not that opioid tone of feeling good and that sort of feeling sort of warm and numb, like if you got a flush of blood in your fingers opiate-like.

Goddamnit,

A big part of me wishes Id never tried ketamine (or any dissociative for that matter). IVe never felt that way about any other drug - whether LSD, psilocybin, MDMA/MDA, cannabis, aMT, Nbome, 2Cs, 4-FA, amphetamines, benzodiazepines, kratom, opiates/opioids, alcohol, diphendydramine, LSA, piperazines, caffeine...literally not one has given me a sense of regret - except these motherf***ing dissociatives.

Why is ketamine so f***ing addicting?

Those familiar with serious WD (say Xanax or heroin) laugh off K WD, but holy balls it?s like perpetual mental nails on a chalkboard for me. How the hell do I get off of this stuff?

im sorry i dont want to derail this thread from ketamine being opioid , but isnt ketamine more dangerous for your brain in general with the whole olneys lesions thing going? i review some of the literature and it still has not defined ketamine as safe when it comes to olneys lesions. it just mentions most studies didnt show anything notable except a study done on people who have abused ketamine for like 4 years or so and did show olneys lesions which was the only human case beyond rats and really worrisome in my opinion. dont you people still want to investigate, require interest in finding out if ketamine really does that to human being, either short or long term? maybe im just crazy, but that seems much more bothersome than if it has opiate activity or not hah and if anyone worries about this, they must be some kind of a nerd whose mommy convinced them through dozen of hours of lectures that opiates are really really bad and perhaps most likely even did the fry egg scenario to demonstrate how bad drugs are for you :)

Just from my experience is my opinion. I've taken hydros, hydromorphone, and codeine. Ketamine has never felt like a PK. Just zoned out. I've never done enough to experience a K hole tho.

Goddamnit,

A big part of me wishes Id never tried ketamine (or any dissociative for that matter). IVe never felt that way about any other drug - whether LSD, psilocybin, MDMA/MDA, cannabis, aMT, Nbome, 2Cs, 4-FA, amphetamines, benzodiazepines, kratom, opiates/opioids, alcohol, diphendydramine, LSA, piperazines, caffeine...literally not one has given me a sense of regret - except these motherf***ing dissociatives.

Why is ketamine so f***ing addicting?

Those familiar with serious WD (say Xanax or heroin) laugh off K WD, but holy balls it?s like perpetual mental nails on a chalkboard for me. How the hell do I get off of this stuff?

Personally i accepted the addivtive quality of ketamine early.
I talked to my sources and they helped me by limiting my supply to only days i had earlier booked for getting it.

Ive noticed that keta has a strong pull during the high and a while after.
But it does lose its power quickly imo.
As long as I dont dose several days is a row its quite easy to stay away.
However if i start binging its quite hard to stop.

Also strength training and good foods makes life more fun.
Look at what is missing in your life and you will find your ansver.

so in conclusion, ketamine doesnt cause holes in your head unless you overdose regularly?

It's not a benign drug. I did less than you and have permanent bladder damage.

All other drugs including heroin and crack did less damage to my body than ketamine...and I did way more of those drugs than K

It's not a benign drug. I did less than you and have permanent bladder damage.

All other drugs including heroin and crack did less damage to my body than ketamine...and I did way more of those drugs than K

Permanent is a scary word..
Ive been of K for 3months and still have too pee more often then i like.
However Im def getting improvements if i stay away and eat healthy/workout and take my health supplements.

wait, am i just reading this that two people after using ketamine developed bladder problems? that doesnt really help much using it for anything at this point...

Well, two people in this thread at least, a lot more than that develop bladder problems, though. It's really not a good drug to abuse.

Ketamine is in no case an Opioid.

But: Ketamine and derivatives are more addicitive, at least to me.

so in conclusion, ketamine doesnt cause holes in your head unless you overdose regularly?
It causes the death of brain cells - I would suggest you to NEVER take it!!!!!!!

It made me fail my PhD in mathematical astrophysics. Perhaps, I live in another part of the EU yet, perhaps not. However, I do live in a million city worth living in. Do your math. ;)

ee7nDEb.jpg

DahcfyG.jpg

w5ugvL4.jpg

These pictures may or may not been taken from the preprint of my PhD thesis uploaded on https://arxiv.org/ . I may or may not be called Stefan or Stephan and may or may not be a relative of Christian Br. and Egelbert Br. Every German speaker now knows who I am.

Diese Bilder wurden m?glicherweise aus dem Vordruck meiner auf https://arxiv.org/ hochgeladenen Doktorarbeit entnommen. Ich kann Stefan oder Stephan genannt werden oder nicht und kann auch kein Verwandter von Christian Br. Sein. und Egelbert Br. oder doch. Jeder deutsche Sprecher wei? jetzt, wer ich bin.

I'm called neither ao. Univ.-Prof. i.R. Dr. Robert "Bobby" Beig nor J. S. Berryman and I live not in the USA, because the FBI searched for me almost 20 years ago.

PS: I could not sleep two days ago for 3 hours, even though I wanted to, because I ran to the toilet every half hour and could not pee, even though I wished to more than ever in my live.

Last edited:
Ok hold up, I?m gonna need more details here. Why did the FBI search for you? What evidence do you have than any amount of ketamine causes death to brain cells? How did it make you fail your PhD? Are you still using? How much?

I love the heck out of ketamine and thought it to be quite benign in a general sense (mind you I'm taking 1-200mg a day insufflated, not railing/IM'ing grams at a time).
I think that ketamine is an insidious one because for the majority of users it's completely innocuous. For a large minority, however, it can have some unpleasant or downright dire consequences. Whether it's addiction, persistent delusional thinking, "k-cramps," bile tract disease, or permanent bladder damage, a respectable percentage of users have had some surprisingly rough outcomes. A lot of people in my circle use ketamine casually and feel as though it is benign. It takes time for these issues to filter into the public discourse--just look at how long Purdue Pharma was able to promote oxycodone as having a low potential for addiction.

Trying to 'classify' a drug in only one way when it has multiple pharmacological actions and effects would be a mistake anyway as it would disregard those subtleties, complexities and ambiguities.
In any case, it would still seem too misleading to me to call K an opioid when it's main primary target is the NMDAr - if you'd try to classify drugs based on their relevant secondary and tertiary effects etc (so downstream, not with any direct binding and activation of the drug itself), it would quickly get crazy.
I think there was a post a while ago on here asking the same question about Salvia divinorum. I agree with Solipsis. Taxonomy is a nightmare--when you categorize by structure, inevitably people will impute function and vice versa. It's similar to the problem of the tomato. The answer to "is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable" should be "why do you need to know?" The answer for a botanist probably won't be the same as for a chef.

I'm amazed this hasn't been mentioned yet, but ketamine is to be considered habit forming as it is a direct partial agonist at the D2 dopamine receptors, and it is a pretty good SNDRI as well.
Referring to anecdotal experience, people that only use it to reach a K-hole are generally less prone to become frequent/daily users as opposed to people that do repeated small doses using it as an euphoriant-inebriant.

Just because a drug interacts with opiate receptors, that does not make it an opiate. THC and other cannabinoids interact with opiate receptors, yet cannabis and hash, even pure strong Indica types are not opiates.

Ketamine is a disassociative drug like PCP, DXM, and MXE.

Ketamine is supposed to be an antagonist for the mu opioid receptor, btw.

Just because a drug interacts with opiate receptors, that does not make it an opiate. THC and other cannabinoids interact with opiate receptors, yet cannabis and hash, even pure strong Indica types are not opiates.

Ketamine is a disassociative drug like PCP, DXM, and MXE.

What's fascinating, though, is how effective Ketamine is at alleviating opioid withdrawal. Cannabis certainly doesn't have the same benefit - well, it can help, but it's nowhere near the same relief. I also found the same to be true of amphetamine withdrawal. K is some powerful shit.

I think it's just because ketamine quiets/shuts down the amygdala which blocks all sort of sensations... it also completely blocks pain at sufficient dose

With cannabis it?s about having a choice over what strains or cannabinoids you are consuming, as to whether it helps with withdrawal or not..

High CBD strains are ideal, certain strains will do nothing but cause anxiety Also consuming the cannabis orally is even better. When consumed orally the delta 9 THC turns to delta 11 which is a lot better for pain and seems great for making one feel they don?t need to run for their next dose of opiate.

Ketamine has the duel benefit of not only lessening the symptoms of withdrawal but also re-sensitizing the receptor sites so that your own endorphins can be more effective, or if your tapering those doses will feel more effective.

Unfortunately I believe there is a rebound effect to ketamines properties, I?ve tried to use it for tapering and while its effective the rebound makes it hard to maintain the ground I would gain.

-GC

I think it's just because ketamine quiets/shuts down the amygdala which blocks all sort of sensations... it also completely blocks pain at sufficient dose

That?s pretty fascinating. There?s so many subtle things that make K so addicting and set it apart from other drugs.