• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Have I destroyed my amphetamines???

Speedyhousewife

Greenlighter
Hello everybody here, what a fabulous resource you have here. I'm not sure of all the proper terminology for everything so please do excuse me for any errors. I also do not know anyone else who uses this, nor does anyone other than the seller know that I use it, so I have no one to ask and Google didn't help me much at all.

I live in Hampshire in England and i have been secretly taking what I know to be called Speed for about 5 years. It usually comes in a mildly smelly pure white sticky paste, sometimes a bit grainy, wrapped in plastic. It's about the same size as a small butt plug! I was initially told by the seller to put it in the freezer and cut off what I need, but it tastes nasty, so I have always opened it up, spread it on a silicone board and left it in the airing cupboard to dry out. Once dry the next day, I flex it off the board and whizz it into a powder in a food processor. Then I divide it into 50 cigarette papers for easier swallowing. Always been fine, never been a problem, it has always been pure white and mildly smelly.

2 days ago, I bought some and shoved it in my bag without looking. I arrived home and realised that the house wasnt empty, so in a panic, i shoved it in the gas meter cupboard outside overnight. It was a very cold night and i was panicked so i still didnt actually look at it. The next morning, i opened the gas cupboard and the smell was VILE, I wondered if I had a gas leak! I took out the speed and the smell was coming from that, it was nasty and it was a creamy yellow colour! I spread it on my board, but it wasn't spreading easily. It also made me feel sick because of the smell * I do have extremely heightened sense of smell for the last 3 years though *. I left it to dry over night and it hasn't dried well, still quite sticky and the smell is still awful. I'm scared to use it.

Has anybody ever known anything like this? Or could it have reacted whilst hidden in the gas cupboard, either to the gas or the cold night? Will this make the speed dangerous to take? Am I being paranoid and irrational? Is variation in colour and smell normal?

I cannot ask the seller as we have no contact at all to protect my secret. I hide the funds in the secret location at the same time every month and the following day I return to collect it. What should I do? I won't be able to get anymore for 1 month and I only have 2 days left from my previous supply.

Just in case this isn't actually called Speed, the effects of it are super increased energy, excess sweating, increased motivation, no appetite, sometimes irrational thoughts and crazy ideas (both good and bad), fast talking too much, increased productivity, reduced judgement when shopping (I.e, likely to massively overspend), feeling of invincibility (I.e, attempting tasks that wouldn't normally be considered for an untrained late 40s 4ft10 woman, like building a summerhouse from scratch, chasing a burglar for 2 miles on foot and roofing repairs) and sexual rampancy. I dont know how much this is in weight that i buy, but it is much much much much cheaper than a months supply of cocaine. Previous threads I have read have not mentioned any prices of things so I haven't quoted the price to avoid flouting any rules.

The effects hit in 20-30 mins, and usually last from 7.20am-5pm. Once worn off, there is ravenous hunger and occasional emotional sensitivity, but nothing else really, does not affect sleep that night unless a second amount is taken at 5pm. When not able to take for 2 or3 days, major paranoia kicks in, but that might just be my mind and nothing to do with the speed. If it's not speed, I'd love to know what it might be as I'm really paranoid that I won't be able to get this if my seller ceases trading. But it was speed I initially asked for.

Thank you so much for reading and for any help! Middle class bitch here with no other help available!

Hmm....this is a hard one because if you're hell-bent on taking it (and plus the fact you can't contact your dealer to replace/buy more), I feel that you might just take it regardless of what you're told.

But, if it were me (and for the sake of harm-reduction) I would NOT ingest it due to how smelly/different than normal it has become.

Sounds like amphetamine paste you guys use over there.

What's the temperature like in this gas-meter closet thing? I can't imagine cold temperatures would have any effect. That is a weird one. I agree, don't eat it.

Yeah, I'd chalk it up as a loss. Also, I like how a butt plug was your go to size comparison.

Good evening, thank you for your responses, I do agree, it does sounds as though this may not be suitable to use. Does anybody know of any way that I could test a sample safely? I remember at school we used universal indicator paper to test a soap, would anything like this work, or perhaps this is another crazy idea!

In answer to a question, on the night, the temperature outside was 3oC and the gas cupboard is not insulated so I do presume the interior would have been the same.

And yes, the butt plug comparison, it was the only thing I could think of! Haha!

I don't know if it's relevant, it was wrapped it a different way, it has never had elastic bands on it before, and it used to come in a triangular shaped bag, like a pointy come, but this batch was in a sandwich bag fastened with elastic! Could it be possible that it has come from a different place, or is even a different substance?

Thank you so much

Well yeah, it sounds like your source got a new source. And I'm pretty sure fridge temperatures wouldn't do anything to hurt your dope. Although, it was above freezing, could a lot of moisture gotten in? New packaging, maybe it wasn't so air tight, and the morning dew over-speckled your fine product. I think there's something about amphetamine-HCl that is hygroscopic, meaning it absorbs a lot of moisture, which is why it usually comes as amphetamine sulfate (which is unfortunately un-smokable).

Otherwise, the question is, do you just have new stuff cut with something that really stinks? You said before it usually has a bad smell (which is a bad sign to me, the pure stuff shouldn't smell, but then I've never seen UK amphetamine paste), and this time it's a lot worse. Could be it's just more cut-up than usual.

So alas it's the plight of us poor fools who buy our pharmaceuticals on the black market, far from the prying eyes of the FDA or FTC or consumer protection bureaus. The only way to know is to buy a test kit that includes amphetamine as a target--I think the Marquis reagent is the best bet. But that won't tell you what it might be cut-up with, or how toxic that might be, it only gives you a decent idea if the drug you're interested in is in there or not.

You're gonna have to make a judgment call, try a small amount or not. Obviously, the safest way is to call it a loss, and prepare a gentle yet firm discussion about your dissatisfaction with your supplier.

Looks like Scrofula has covered everything pretty well, all I would add is that in the future, assuming you continue to procure your go fast in the same fashion, to have some sort of contingency plan to put in action if you come home with your stuff and people are around, thus not wasting product.

Buy a reagent test like the ones uses to test MDMA. They can tell you if a substance is in it, but they won't tell you it is pure.

Good morning, just a little update on the situation.

I did try a little of the smelly stuff and nothing happened at all. The next day I tried a little more, and I had a headache and could smell it coming out of my skin terribly, I did not feel any usual sensations which I would normally experience. I attended a luncheon where another attendee asked me what cleaning products I had been using that morning, she could smell it on me too. I was MORTIFIED! I threw the rest of it away.

I returned to the location and left the sums for a new amount and a note stating what had happened, I checked daily and was surprised to find yesterday that the supplier had visited. I left a paper and pen for him to respond to my communication. His note was very short and poorly written, leaving me bewildered;

"Yea, that base batch needs cut with gcose or you won't get anything from it. I writ G on it so u now. Not sure bout this cos new batch. Tho if it's same just cut with g as u like and up ur bomb. Don't put base in gas but freezer is ok. Got new stuff u will luv........ rits at £* or adz at £* if you like, prepped presc pills for same hit if u profer. U probly do 2 day for your taste? Catch ya laters".

What on earth does this mean?! Does this make sense to anyone at all? My only understanding from this is that I shouldn't store in the gas cupboard and that he has other items for sale, although I am clueless as to what they are. I do not understand the gcose instructions, I do not know what gcose is either.

This supply was not yellow but is accompanied by the same smell, similar to fox urine. I've dried it out and it is not as yellow as last time, more a pale cream, and it's has dried better, but it's not anything like I have known over the last year's. And it still smells! I really don't know what to do. The linens stored in my airing cupboard seem to have heavily absorbed this odour too.

I do apologise for my lack of knowledge in this field, I googled key phrases from his communication to no avail. I do so wish that I could befriend a more diverse range of people to experience a wider view of life, I am so deeply unhappy within the pretentious confines of my limited social circle.

Thank you and Happy New Year to you all. I sincerely wish you all great prosper and happiness through 2018! I'm sorry for rambling, I am currently enjoying a nice gin to toast the new year.

I really like the friendliness and acceptance of your non judgmental community here. Thank you for this marvellous facility. Kiss kiss!

"Gcose" means glucose, ie sugar.

I'm kinda sceptical of anyone telling you that their drugs need cutting...but i'm not terribly familar with european amphetamine sulphate.

Personally i am a fan of prescription amphetamine like dexamphetamine, but different strokes for different folks.
The major benefit of pharmaceuticals is their quality control and purity (assuming that they are real, of course)
Sounds like you got a dodgy batch.

Amphetamine should never need to be cut with sugar to work, that is totally against logic.

Commonly speed in Europe is cut/bulked out with water, alcohol, salt, and/or sugar be it glucose , lactose, or otherwise... mixtures of amphetamine (salt or freebase) and any or all of these will also be sticky (and stinky) for reasons that need no explanation.

Amphetamine HCl and sulfate are hygroscopic, that is, they draw water out from the air and get wet/mushy rather than staying as crystals. The only way to get around this is by keeping it dry and in a sealed container; otherwise it's better to store it as a solution in bacteriostatic water. Amphetamine will never go bad/degrade, however if the pH is too high and it is a free base it can evaporate away.

Pure amphetamine should have no smell, if it stinks that's either due to it being poorly manufactured (the precursors ammonia, phenylacetone, and phenylacetic acid all smell like cat piss) but it could also be due to the presence of free amphetamine base (pH issues) as the free base is an oily liquid that also smells like cat piss.

If you have no other supplier, you might wanna check out [sorry, we don't provide any sourcing suggestions here at Bluelight - CFC]

Last edited by a moderator: