• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Have 1000 oxy 10's and 800 hydro 10/325

X

Xbox junky

So I have these ( paid a pretty penny for them) I'm cutting my use out cold turkey.. I tried keeping them cause of the money I paid but I can't cause I keep wanting to take them, thought about throwing them away but can't ( because of the money I paid for them ) and afraid I'm gonna withdraw so bad that I would need them!! Any ideas what I should do?

1000 Oxy 800 hydro ? Wtf dude see if you can go on methadone or suboxone and commit to taking a set dose daily while going to talk therapy if you have insurance or narcotics anonymous if you don't have the insurance or want to do both therapy and na.

Also you might want to see a primary care practitioner because you might need like low dose valium if your at a risk of a seizure.

Rome wasn't built in a day therefore, your not going to take it down in one day either. Small steps deal with immediate danger of seizures then slowly come off as you work toward changing your habits with na and or therapy.

I'm no cop but if I saw someone with that much narcotics claiming it's for personal use I'd say Bs. IMO get rid of them before you end up in jail.

Some take 300mg at a time... That would be 30 pills. Don't assume things like someone is selling as it can do more harm then good. Only if they ask about cutting stuff as no one cuts their own stash

What is your daily intake and duration ? That would make it easier to provide some guidance if you are not going to throw them away.

XBOX, the more details you provide, the better. We can only assume that you have a high tolerance to those medications. You have only a few healthy choices. Go to a doctor, let them know what your average intake per day is, how long you have been using those dosages and let the doctor safely take you off the medicine. That is the best answer. You risk severe complications from a cold turkey withdrawal, including seizure and death. If you even attempt a withdrawal from high dose, prolonged usage, you have to be spot on. That means using your medication and slowly reducing your dosage over a period of time. The longer the better. It's complicated. That being said, get to a doctor and save yourself a lot of pain and suffering.

Last edited:
There is no chance of seizure risk & death from opiate wd no matter how severe.

^^ my bad. I have benzodiazepines on my mind. Edited post. Let's leave that no chance of death part alone. Complications stemming from these drugs in general is enough.

Ovo1024
I'm not sure you're comment is entirely true. Yes I've heard alcohol and benzo WD are the only drug wd's that can kill you, but I've wondered if opiates aren't in a grey area. Seizures absolutely seem like a possibility from opiate WD. Ever felt those brain zaps when coming off of alot of opiates? I believe I've heard many say that.

Ovo1024
I'm not sure you're comment is entirely true. Yes I've heard alcohol and benzo WD are the only drug wd's that can kill you, but I've wondered if opiates aren't in a grey area. Seizures absolutely seem like a possibility from opiate WD. Ever felt those brain zaps when coming off of alot of opiates? I believe I've heard many say that.

There are no brain zaps when coming off opiates or opioids. A-typical ones like tramadol make cause them, but that is from its action as a serotonin-norepinephrine re-uptake inhibitor.

Ya just cause he has 1000 pills doesn't mean it's not personal use...
I used to get these 15 mgs morphine ERs I would need 30-40 a day to get well cause I needed 450-600 mgs spread out which isn't a lot even I know people who took 1+ grams of morphine .
And trust me 1000 goes by quick lol
If I were you I'd first try writing a regiment plan to quitting using them taper since you have exact measurements at hand , it's not heroin that you're tapering which is unpredictable unlike pharmaceutical pills .
So set a plan and try to taper, if it doesn't work out don't keep wasting them, have someone trustworthy hold onto them really far from you when you're really mentally ready cause then you'll look like an ass hole screaming for them back within a day or two lol

There are no brain zaps when coming off opiates or opioids. A-typical ones like tramadol make cause them, but that is from its action as a serotonin-norepinephrine re-uptake inhibitor.

so does this mean that technically an opioid can kill you, or .. ahem, cause seizures?

Oo no sorry if i came across as imply it isnt for personal use i totally understand. What i mean is ive had some issues involving having large amounts of pills with low quantities of the active ingredient and people who dont use drugs might jump to conclusions based on how it looks rather then reality. Sorry ive been binging cops too much. They go crazy do you "have any drugs in the car ? "
"Well just this one hydrocodone because it says take every 3-6 hours and im headed to work.'
'Get on the friund get on the ground put yoyr hands where i can see em"
Wha whaa what i do?
Stop resisting
Your under arrest for possion of a controled substance outside od a valid container.

Anyway off topic

That's why you take that emergency pill when you get off the road.... JK

For reals though I don't care what anyone says about the evidence saying opiate WD does not cause death as if it does indirectly it should and even if that was not the case it only comes up as much as society norm is accepted it did of that makes sense. I get lots of bullshit from medical people going back and forth saying it's something that no matter how bad it can not kill even though they should include the with medical support to saying it can be a life threatening emergency go to the ER, which even when due to a prescription not making it to the pharmacy on my doctor's error and me going to the hospital the day after I was' "denied narcotics" and blamed for not doing anything about it only to go back to the first statement when I tried to explain how I was in contact my Dr all day and didn't know what was going on and going further asking to deal with withdrawal symptoms and pain even without narcotics if unwilling until I could see my Dr returned to the office after the weekend so naturally I walked out announcing I was going to kill myself only to walk into a street getting hit by a car going 30-40... Still to this day I'm treated as a heroin seeking drug addict and so I was cut off cold turkey 120 mg oxycodone daily and 60 mg oxymorphone IV daily even though it was supposed to be oral, such would still be a lot yet still was cut off and told my only options were ORT or cold turkey even thought there was a ween plan in place just because no one was willing to continue care. Needles to say it turned me back to heroin as methadone hurt my heart and suboxone I don't even want to begin being forced into this situation again. I swear if I am tricked into being abandoned on addiction therapy as pain management.

Back on topic obviously you can tell from my situation the medical opinion on opiate withdrawal is greatly misrepresrnted most likely. It is definitely harmfull if not lethal especially with things like fentanyl withdrawal and 200+ mg methadone or even morphine and stronger.

I agree I saw about horrors inpatient of old sick people being forced to detox cold turkey.

All I was scared of is you Quiting cold and trying to sell those. I actually think tapering is the best idea.

I don't know enough about opiates but I'm sure plenty of people here can help

Good luck.