• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Hateful Eight

Rate this film:

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jpgrdnr

Bluelighter
Saw the Hateful Eight (in 70mm) yesterday but I don't feel like making a new thread.

It sucked something awful. If zombies attacked the cabin it would have been a better movie.

Outhouse Dogs 2: Electric Boogaloo

I saw it the other night, it's very reminiscent of reservoir dogs. I personally enjoyed it, but I'm a sucker for heavy dialogue films and tarentino has honed that skill.

I watched The Hateful Eight the other day, it was alright...
I have always loved Tarrantino's films, I think he could have done allot better..

Reservoir Dogs is one of my top ten favorite movies. All of his movies are timeless and you can watch them again and again and just seem to love them even more. Anyone heard anything about Hateful eight or seen it yet?

Kurt Russell was surprisingly good, I almost forgot it was him throughout the film.. he really owned his character. It's very similar to Reservoir Dogs in that the majority of the film is essentially a single scene, I think the dialogue could of been better but otherwise I enjoyed it. He has definitely written better scripts and I would say this film is on the lower end of his work.. but I still found it engaging.

Out of curiosity what didn't you guys like about it? Or at least what about it made it not meet expectations?

The overall story wasn't that good? Wishy-washy plot line? Pacing was off?

Out of curiosity what didn't you guys like about it? Or at least what about it made it not meet expectations?

The overall story wasn't that good? Wishy-washy plot line? Pacing was off?

That it was a pastiche to the Sergio Leone classics but came nowhere near close? That it played out similar to Dusk Till Dawn in that all the set pieces were there for a great movie, but then it turns into a Cabin in the Woods trope with the same sort of B movie stylings of Grindhouse. That the script had these excessive intros to these characters that were meaningless? That its almost homage to Waiting For Godot, in that they never get to Red Rock, yet yap endlessly about this town? It almost reads like the characters are in Hell, in some sort of eternal suffering universe where they are forced to die endlessly for their crimes.

If The Revenant was a diamond, then Hateful Eight would surely be the turd.

Is there any reason the answer is posed in question format?

I think its more shock that I felt that the movie was so pointless and terrible. It tries really hard to be a comedy but fails horribly. You're not supposed to watch a movie and wonder what the fuck you just saw.

Not my favorite QT film by a long shot.

Too similar to Django.

Major spoiler halfway through it.

More of a play than a film.

Tim Roth is a discount Christopher Waltz.

It was just missing . . . something.

this killed django. django was a funny fart joke in comparison. i like both, but hateful eight is a far superior drama. it was reservoir dogs goes west. spectacular 70mm extra wide screen was a treat. good shit. 4/5

I was not very impressed. With many of his films the dialogue captivated me. With this one it bored me. Quinten popping in as a narrator was weird as well.

Jennifer Lee certainly got the shit kicked out of her all movie long. I agree she and Kurt were the highlights.

Ive still only seen it just the once, but was very indifferent to the story and to the film. I didnt hate it, it certainly isnt my least favorite tarantino film, but its far from the quality of work he's put out before. I'll give it a second or third chance, as i tend to do with his films, but as of now i feel very neutral about it.

3/5

listen between the lines and how the power dynamics play and fluctuate. its all there, man. the drama and tension is thick and it replaces the simple plot point progression of his last few films.

listen between the lines and how the power dynamics play and fluctuate. its all there, man. the drama and tension is thick and it replaces the simple plot point progression of his last few films.

I rather watch Breaking Bad.

I thought it was a solid film, I would give it an 8/10. It certainly isn't Tarantino's best work, but it isn't his worst either.