• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Hash Brownie + (Unknown)/ Unknown Dose) - Very Experienced - A Void of Dread.

Refusion

Greenlighter
Let me start this off by saying I made a few mistakes going into this. One being I acquired the brownie from an unknown source, and two being the fact that I wasn't in any way prepared for what was going to happen.

Prior to this experience I hadn't smoked weed for about 2 months due to family troubles. Before that I was an everyday user, and had no problems whatsoever with marijuana. Last night, however, I experience either what may be called a panic attack or just exposure to another substance.

So I got the brownie from a friend who told me it was very potent and I should only eat half of it at a time. I ignored her and continued to eat the whole brownie thinking nothing of it. The beginning started out fine, I was watching Alice in Wonderland and having a great time high as a kite. Then a new sensation hit me, something that i've never felt before on weed. The best way to describe it would be the come-up on shrooms, except much stronger. At that moment I realized something wasn't right, and paused the movie. I tried to calm myself down, but nothing was working.

At this point I started to feel minor dissociation along with a very increased heart rate. By now I started to get very anxious thinking the person laced the brownie with something, but then thought I was just overreacting. I was lying in my bed for what seemed like hours trying to keep in touch with reality. This is things got really intense. Whenever I moved, it felt like my body was collapsing in on itself. A few times I just let this happen and left my body completely. The thing that really freaked me out about this was that I have experienced that same feeling in my dreams before. I tried to walk around my room to calm myself down, but the dissociation was much to strong to do anything but lie in my bed.

About 2 hours into the trip I started to feel slightly better. I managed to use the bathroom and get some water, but when I went back into my bed I got the same body-collapsing feeling. I started to realize that I wasn't going to have a heart attack, and that I should just try to enjoy the rest of this unpleasant experience. Eventually I fell asleep, and when I awoke in the morning I felt very grateful that all of what had happened was over.

I just posted this to see if anyone else experienced something similar to this. It may of been some sort of panic attack, but I have no history of this.

Thoughts?

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_hashish
substancecode_cannabis
explevel_veryexperienced
exptype_negative
roacode_oral

The brownie wasn't laced, what you're describing is a very typical bad experience on pot brownies. The nature of the high of consumed cannabis is far different than that of smoked cannabis. When people say "only eat so much", it's best to follow that advice.

I can think of many factors here.....one your tolerance was way down, as you said you haven't smoked-had marijuana for 2 months. two, you eat a whole brownie, when your friend suggested eating half....eating edibles is different from smoking as it takes a while to take full effect. (also probably a common mistake peeps make while eating too many edibles cause they don't "feel it")

It sounds to me you just eat to much marijuana, and started panicking cause the effects were too strong....next time if you do eat edibles start out lower and maybe make some yourself so you know the dosage per brownie your getting....just my opinion anyways.

yeah thats just what happens at very high doses of cannabinoids. go look at some synthetic cannabinoid reports, the shit is so potent, almost everyone accidentally does too much and has exactly the sort of experience you had.

I've overdosed on oral cannabis two times before and the experience was similar to yours, albeit a bit more traumatizing. You just had too much, that's all.

I was lying in my bed for what seemed like hours trying to keep in touch with reality. This is things got really intense. Whenever I moved, it felt like my body was collapsing in on itself. A few times I just let this happen and left my body completely. The thing that really freaked me out about this was that I have experienced that same feeling in my dreams before. I tried to walk around my room to calm myself down, but the dissociation was much to strong to do anything but lie in my bed.

Was that body collapsing feeling kind of like the feeling you get when you're going down a steep slope on a rollercoaster? Or just kind of freefalling through space? Because I get that when I smoke a lot of weed in one sitting. It's not very atypical-- just a strong body high, which is a common feature of brownies. I've also smoked so much that I've started tripping, so I know what you mean when you referred to feeling a shroom-like comeup.
I just think you weren't prepared for such a high dose.

Next time someone tells you to eat half the edible, just do it.

The 1st and only time i ate weed.. Me and a mate put about 7 grams of weed into some cookies.. I ate half, he ate half. All i could do is lay on the sofa, i felt terrible, really really bad, i just wanted it to finish! It was literally horrible! Sounds like a similar sorta feeling!