• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Has naltrexone destroyed my receptors?

dilland

Greenlighter
Tuesday, I had the unfortunate idea of taking 12.5 mg of naltrexone in order to cut a high short.
Needless to say, the experience was unpleasant. However, I felt fine the next day.
We are now Saturday and 108 hours after my 1/4 pill dose, and I can feel no euphoria from my regular dose.
Interestingly enough, I get full physical effects, i.e. sedation, miosis, and respiratory depression.
What gives? Why am I feeling everything but the most essential?

My wife keeps a vial of Narcan in our first aid kit which has never been broken into thankfully, which means I haven't OD'd, or ever had the displeasure of trying the stuff so I'm not experienced but what you have described "full physical effects, i.e. sedation, miosis, and respiratory depression" is how I usually feel after taking my current morning dose of oxycodone because of my tolerance I do not feel any euphoria but after half hour to an hour after my oral dose if it's big enough (for me @ 140mgs) then I skip the euphoria and go straight to sedation/nod. If I wanted euphoria atm with my tolerance I would need 200mgs of oxycodone.

This "Skip the euphoria and go straight to nod" has been a common occurrence for me over the last year or so as my tolerance builds there comes a time that my dose feels exactly as you've described, and that's how I gauge my tolerance when this happens rather than getting a buzz whether mild/moderate or heavy I get as you've described.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to say. - it fucking sucks!