• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Has anyone recovered from invega sustenna??/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying you stopped taking the Invega (Paliperidone) 5 months ago or were put on it?

To begin with, if the first is the case - do not stop taking this medicine until your doctor deems it safe to do so. People are prescribed this for the exact reason of 'not feeling like themselves' and discontinuing it while you may still be in recovery from the original issues may make things worse again.

But, without knowing really what is going on, there is more than just hope than you will get better. People prescribed these type of medicines will and do get better every day, all of the time x :D

@steewith2ees: you can delete this post in the next 2 or 3 days. sorry, when we suffer from this hope goes out the window temporarily so we frantically search anywhere on the net, they're not trying to start a new thread when one already exists. the invega thread is in mental health forum if anyone needs to be pointed there in the future.

@electricdancerdip: it's ok. eight months is within the average healing time. 8 - 14 months is average healing time. hope is only temporarily removed from us but it still is pretty hard to live without, when your close to being healed and fully healed it comes back like it use to, everything does like it was pre-invega. they call it xeplion in other countries btw.

head over to the coming off invega sustenna thread in mental health forum. you can type in invega in the search bar and it will come up too.

we got an old thread and a new one. lots of useful info in both with plenty of success stories and people who can support you.

this wont be forever. say hi, ask questions and feel free to share your story or just read the threads.

hang in there. it does get better.

@steewith2ees: you can delete this post in the next 2 or 3 days. sorry, when we suffer from this hope goes out the window temporarily so we frantically search anywhere on the net, they're not trying to start a new thread when one already exists. the invega thread is in mental health forum if anyone needs to be pointed there in the future.

@electricdancerdip: it's ok. eight months is within the average healing time. 8 - 14 months is average healing time. hope is only temporarily removed from us but it still is pretty hard to live without, when your close to being healed and fully healed it comes back like it use to, everything does like it was pre-invega. they call it xeplion in other countries btw.

head over to the coming off invega sustenna thread in mental health forum. you can type in invega in the search bar and it will come up too.

we got an old thread and a new one. lots of useful info in both with plenty of success stories and people who can support you.

this wont be forever. say hi, ask questions and feel free to share your story or just read the threads.

hang in there. it does get better.

Thanks for the advice invegauser - I can only imagine how awful the anxiety must be when dealing with these illnesses - I have never experienced a psychotic episode personally but I qualified as a mental health nurse in 2002 so I have plenty of third person experience with a lot of very poorly people and as such I have seen and do believe that things do get better.

Although their may be a Paliperiodone discussion already in place, for the meantime it may be more helpful if the OP can see that they are being directly addressed (and if there was an empathogenic trigger or history of usage) and I will send over to the Mental Health forum if and when they respond and leave it up to the mods over there as to whether to merge or let it run x <3

@steewith2ees: those on invega/xeplion suffer from psychotic breaks due to drug usage or from having a mental illness but it affects us all the same way. the receptor that gets targeted is 5-HT2A and we are not able to experience other psych meds as well as drugs like before the medication was administered typically speaking, it is a rare occurrence when someone does. it also causes anhedonia.

there are lots of recovery stories here and on other websites. i have yet to meet anyone who has not recovered from paliperidone palmitate and i hope that electricdancerdip has a speedy recovery.

what you say makes sense and that seems like a good approach. let me know if there is anything i can do.

the receptor that gets targeted is 5-HT2A

there are lots of recovery stories here and on other websites. i have yet to meet anyone who has not recovered from paliperidone palmitate and i hope that electricdancerdip has a speedy recovery.

what you say makes sense and that seems like a good approach. let me know if there is anything i can do.

The top sentence is my top new piece of information of the day, as both you and one of my forum colleagues (Tathra) has pointed that out. I have been out of the practise for a few years now due to my own drug dependencies, so this, coupled with the fact that paliperidone is still quite uncommon in the UK shows how out of touch I am with this stuff.

Please continue doing what you are doing. A link to the MH Invega discussion would be a treat for starters in case I forget and by simply continuing the conversation I hope that it will encourage electricdancerdip to respond, even if just to say hello, so that we can get this shuffled in the right direction.

Really appreciate the support buddy.

@steewith2ees: Tathra is pretty smart, i've found the mods and admins here are.

the injection has been out less than 10 years. it's a mess. paliperidone is the active ingredieint in risperidone (risperidal) as well as the active ingredient in paliperidone (invega pill) and paliperidone palmitate also known as invega sustenna (invega injection). the european version of invega sustenna is called xeplion.

fyi - invega/xeplion, abilify, zyprexa and haldol injections all have 4 receptors in common that are targeted, 5-HT2A is just one of them. they all share similar side effects and withdrawal symptoms. mostly it's just invega that people suffer from the most but those on the other 3 from time to time will speak of the exact same experience. all 4 psych meds that people suffer from in similar manners are in injection form only, the pills are better and have less complications for most people if they have negative reactions at all.

please don't let me interrupt. i like your approach and i might have come on a lil strong or forward with electricdancerdip as i'm trying to shake the last of it now. 2 heads might be better than one buddy and i got your back.

here's the link per your request: http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/749...-Sustenna-(Paliperidone)-v-2?highlight=invega

@electricdancerdip: hang in there, your almost through the worse of it at 8 months off. lots of people have healed, you will too. promise. heal quickly. peace.

Interesting, although I can plead ignorance with regards to not know fuck all about the Invega product, the same cannot be said regarding the others. For starters, I was always under the assumption that risperidone and paliperidone were, although very similar, completely different chemicals, but when it first came onto the general market in the UK alongside olanzapine as the first widely prescribed atypicals...

(Clozapine was only ever prescribed in occasional, usually treatment resistant cases because of the cost and pissing around that the monitoring of leukopenia risk involved)

...as semi professionals we only rated the medicines on face value, and risperidone, in my admittedly uninformed opinion, was a pile of dog shit, suitable and effective for some patients but olanzapine instantly impressed as not only being as effective as the old school poisons (it could be as effective as haloperidol in psychiatric emergencies requiring rapid sedation and it was only due to the lack of acute action injection that it was not, as sadly some of those situations could not be managed if the patient was unable to accept oral products) but somewhat less harsh than chlorpromazine and the like as having significantly less side effects (which admittedly is not saying much but in relative terms in was a minor miracle),

My main and inexcusable area of ignorance however involves the fact that all these drugs target the 5-HT2A receptor as part of their main mechanism of action, as although I know fuck all about organic chemistry in general, the pathetic amount I am aware of only concerns the mechanisms of abusable drugs, which neuroleptics could not be further from. Even then half of what I have discovered has been via my own use and abuse, as a nurse, I believed that it was better to having nothing more than a fleeting idea of this stuff, as the first and best way to guide and advise the medics about treatment was always based on patient observation and interaction, as second guessing them with regards to matter of brain chemicals would not only muddy the water but result in a consistent display of how thick I am when it comes to real intelligence. I may have more knowledge than most, but that really does not say much in this day and age does it now and as somewhat of a loser (I am a hopeless heroin addict and no longer nurse) what I do know has not got me very far now has it =D

I was never on invega but I was on risperdal which is somewhat similar and I can attest to how that garbage lingers in your system seemingly forever before you start coming around. I was only on it for 2 months back in the day but it was about a year before I came around. But I guess a teen brain recovers differently than an adult one. I kept myself busy and didn't preoccupy myself with thoughts of the crooked fucks who had me involuntarily drugged with that stuff so that probably helped. Immerse yourself with old hobbies, fun stuff and positive thoughts. You'll be surprised how the will to live a meaningful existence can defy all odds sometimes.

No. I never needed medication. Don't have schizophrenia. Never needed to b in a psychiatrist hospital... I just want to know if there is hope..

Hi buddy - thanks for getting back to us - first and foremost please accept my profuse apologies if you feel that I have implied that you are suffering from any sort of chronic illness, a good % of the rubbish I posted above was due to my over - excitement in getting a much long over - do schooling on the ins and outs of this particular medicine - most of the people that I used to work with were of the unfortunate minority that do require hospitalisation and close community care (as well as working as a charge nurse on a mental health ward I also worked as a Community Psychiatric Nurse for 3 years) and I am aware that these types of medicines are mostly prescribed for a wide range of acute issues which, while being often serious and distressing are ultimately transient and more often than not will have a successful outcome with no need for continuing use of medication.

As I stated above, I have not been able to work for the last few years because of chronic opiate addiction and got carried away responding to invegauser as it makes me pretend I am still of some use for five minutes as opposed to sulking about my own problems which have resulted from years of continued stupidity and if not exactly deserved, I had multiple chances to sort myself out which I wasted until I ground to the current halt I am at.

I appreciate how much things must suck at the moment, as regardless of whatever the initial issue was these medications can make people feel very cut off and lonely inside but to re - iterate, the fact is that you will not simply recover from the use of the Invega (a drug I have learned a lot about today thanks to you making this post) but that the medicine is nothing more than a tool which will help you recover your spirit in general and as with most drugs once you have had some time away from it you will not have to put up with any of the associated pressure it may have caused.

I am going to try and get this moved to our mental health forum, not as a reflection of you or your personal experiences but because of the drug under discussion as a; the members and forum mods who contribute over there are spot on with all this stuff and b; this is of course for the discussion of MDMA and the like. As I am personally a hopeless dance music addict I do not believe that you posted in here by complete accident, looking at your disco - digified username and hope that if you have any interest in the scene and all that that you will stick around nonetheless.

We good so far with that?

@steewith2ees: risperidone and invega are different in a few ways but share similar aspects. i have taken both in pill form and the invega in injection. there was a big difference between the invega pill and shot. the pill was very sedating, the injection very debilitating. i find that risperidone was more multifaceted where invega was very direct and specific internally speaking.

i have taken olanzapine in pill form when it was a couple years new on the market, it's pretty effective. i've found others who have had positive interactions from it but some do find it most intolerable. i agree much with what you say on the effects of older psych meds as well as the efficacy of zyprexa (what olanzapine is also known as) and how injections are an option though not always treated with due process. sometimes today people are put on injections right away without knowing if they are right for the person (especially if they don't need them due to psychotic breaks. doctors need to be more aware in this one aspect and learn how to better asses that this is what's happening when a patient comes in the E.R. as it doesn't require them to be an expert in the mental health field). i think it's best to start with the pill form and if that works then move up to the injection. if the pill doesn't work then obviously the injection is not going to work plus the effects/withdrawals are much easier to deal with and it leaves a persons system much quicker. but what do i know. :\

you make more sense with your experience than many professionals that i have met or heard of. i like the advancements science has made in understanding how the brain works but i do not believe it knows enough yet. sometimes a lil information can be a dangerous thing and i think that is what has happened here. they target such a crucial receptor with the best of intentions but what they end up doing is essentially breaking your legs and then telling you to run. they overwhelm and disable the receptor instead of learning how to activate it to work or not to work at certain key times. much like the blanketing technique of the old AP's when they opened the asylum doors up and let people out among the public. they were effective to a degree but much work is still needed. (i have taken two of those old AP's, crikey.)

i say a lot of this and it's repetitive to some who have heard it but psychiatry is still very young, only about 100 years since those new phychotropics were put out on the market. more time is needed for science to work out the details and further their understanding. do not get me wrong, i neither advocate for or against psychiatry and psych meds, only what works to alleviate what is a hindrance in someones life. sometimes vitamins, other paths in life or different kinds of therapy are involved and are effective. like i said, it's what works that is important. (thankfully they finally got the part about cognitive behavioral therapy and it's counterpart right)

sometimes nurses see something doctors don't, they are underutilized imho. no worries, i don't judge. i'm part stoner and part tweaker. i've been successful at abstaining from meth as much as i have in my life. thanks for sharing and your experience has gotten you farther than you think, it was a nice reality check for me when i wasn't being mindful. no easy task. ;)

@Inds: another person who made a full recovery, i will add it to the list. yes, neuroplasticity and other factors dealing with age does help to some degree in healing faster. there are always exceptions as well. btw very well said.

Absolutely - as an area of medicine it is not only still in its relative infancy but continuously relies as much on trial and error and holistic appraisal of the patient as opposed to predictable outcomes, which are always more qualified that quantified.

As I see things have picked up in the other thread, I am now going to close this but @electricdancerdip please stick around if you can and as to everyone - do not hesitate to get on touch if you feel the need to add anything more.

Status
Not open for further replies.