• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Has anyone here quit Dex/Adderall, how long did it take and how bad was it?

Sorry about the depression and such you are dealing with. Have some bagage myself but couldn't find a dr, even when my live depended on it, willing to treat what I was experiencing.

So being in rough circumstances with loads of responsibility's I medicated myself mostly. The periods that I was under the influence of something were that long it is hard to pinpoint which was natural decay, so to say. And what was caused by the excessive use of drugs.

Did have a script for some Alprazolam once. But I considered it scarce and treated as such. The internet as info base came up. So the danger's were known during that time. So I played it safe, had an addiction to GHB prior.
When RC's became available I kept by that rule to never make it a habit.

Not like I can opt for professional help, that is my pers view by the way. Wish it would be otherwise but dr's are cowshit ime.

Too bad you think Drs are "cowshit" cause some of them are really good and that's just a bad view to have when you are in so much need to help for depression and anxiety like I am. Plus, a therapist isn't the same as a Dr., and they can also help.

Yet even with the therapy and the meds I've been given it hasn't been enough.

I'm looking for a new doctor and a new therapist, but it better be better than the past because none of it did enough to really help me as much as I needed, but there were times where without my scripts or therapists things would have been EVEN WORSE.

Reactions: CFC
To add what I can. I have no intention of quitting atm, but till my doctor fixes the problem I got cut 30 pills a month. I'm scripted 40 mg/day and technically have to drop to 3 a day. That may sound easy enough, but when your used to one dose, it can mess with your head. All I. am suggesting by saying. that is taper that stuff like benzodiazepines, if you must. Slow tapers work for most other things.

For instance, dropping 5 mg is hardly noticeable, but 10 mg I notice and it throws me off. Find a half life schedule and figure it out from there. Best wishes friend.

To add what I can. I have no intention of quitting atm, but till my doctor fixes the problem I got cut 30 pills a month. I'm scripted 40 mg/day and technically have to drop to 3 a day. That may sound easy enough, but when your used to one dose, it can mess with your head. All I. am suggesting by saying. that is taper that stuff like benzodiazepines, if you must. Slow tapers work for most other things.

For instance, dropping 5 mg is hardly noticeable, but 10 mg I notice and it throws me off. Find a half life schedule and figure it out from there. Best wishes friend.

Thanks.

I mean, since Dex WD isn't the least bit dangerous and I have lots of time with not much to do and I want it gone faster I'm not tapering.

Plus, I may have to give up the script soon and don't have a source and if I do have to give it up I want to save as many pills as I can for if I ever want them in the future.

Thanks.

I mean, since Dex WD isn't the least bit dangerous and I have lots of time with not much to do and I want it gone faster I'm not tapering.

Plus, I may have to give up the script soon and don't have a source and if I do have to give it up I want to save as many pills as I can for if I ever want them in the future.
If you have the opportunity 'cold turkey' is do able. At least in my experience. If you have the time, defenitely. Just expect the usual, lethargy/ hunger and craving's. Don't let your diet get out of control, nutrients are very useful when withdrawing. Like how magnesium is linked to lesser/ more severe Alcohol wd I am sure food and fluids deserve a role during a detox.

Btw I get your response about me missing out on some potentially good help from the medical establishement. But point of fact is that 'cause of my dr, who violated his 'proffessional secrecy' policy. Which is a just a name given to the rules around exchanging info between diff dr's on your behalve.

In short I lost my job, missed out on treatment and got a 'unfit for work' based upon incorrect medical info which was in violation with the 'proffessional secrecy' policy. The fact he lied, kept info to himself and never took responseability for his action's. Don't match up to the willingness to prescribe me benzo's and Pregabalin. It was a minor plus when I discovered what he had done years after. After geting al my medical records and ploughing through them.

During the time on Dexamphetamin, which was a pain in the ass to get prescribed to begin with. They hand out Methylphenidate like candy but seem very unwilling to accept the unfavorable profile of it. So I had to really put work in it to find a Psychiater willing to do a second opinion.

The supply stopped 3 times. Without me having anything to do with it! Without notice, during a time when I had a lot of responseability's. So with some freetime on hand that will def make it eassier.

One time dr's orders. The other 2 times were related to misusage of the rules concerning certain medicine's. The one's that are prepared by pharmacy's themselves. They do that when no commercial alternative is available. Now well it became available, commercialy, at a cost. The health insurance company's were unwilling to take care of the cost's. So eventually a month of Brandname Dex would cost you a little fortune.

For the time being I am with the one and only insurance company that still supports the pharmacy made variety. The one pharmacy that produced them at this point was allowed to keep producing and distributing them. Our minister of health did acknowledge the pharmaceutical company misused the rules to make a quick buck over the heads of people in need of ADHD or Narcolepsy med's.

Be aware that your depression will get aggrevated very probably. But you can alway's get on bluelight for support when your in the blues Mycophile.

Last edited:
Get that, my script is indefinite, but if my insurance will cover it after 01-01-20?

I could be the sole reason for them to be the one and only company that still takes care of the cost's. Wrote them some emails when the situation round Dex arose. Thinking ahead I am gonna contact them about the future regarding pharmaceutically prepared Dexamphetamin.

If I am wise I am stocking up too as these could be my last 6 months.

Guys, I'm not trying to be a dick (Coast2Coast I'm REALLY not), but Coast2Coast is saying that no one recovers from Adderall as quickly as some of you have, and that everyone eventually runs into problems with it.

Does this not seem false to you that this is the case for EVERYONE??

"No, I don't react more strongly than other people. As I've said, there are plenty of others on the Quitting Adderall forum who went through the exact same thing I did.
I don't know why the link doesn't work for you. Adderall or any amphetamine is not sustainable. Every one falls into the same trap of raising their dose and the drug stops working like it used to. We all have to quit at some point."

She's saying it takes like a year to recover FOR EVERYONE when many of you are saying you recovered in far less time.

I believe it's that way for SOME people and some people it isn't.

Right?