• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Has Anyone Here Had Dental Implants?

Fiori di Bella

Bluelight Crew
I hate my teeth and I’m getting dental implants very soon.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Are you happy with your implants?

It’s definitely not cheap. It’s somewhere around $2,000 per implant. I’m going to need about 8-10 implants. My teeth are terrible and I really need to have this done. I was going to pay for it from my trust fund, but a day after telling my sister that I can’t go on like this and that I planned to use my own $$, she agreed to pay for it. She’s wealthy and she stepped in luckily. I smile with my mouth closed and I’ve been honestly grateful for COVID masks.

It’s definitely not cheap. It’s somewhere around $2,000 per implant. I’m going to need about 8-10 implants. My teeth are terrible and I really need to have this done. I was going to pay for it from my trust fund, but a day after telling my sister that I can’t go on like this and that I planned to use my own $$, she agreed to pay for it. She’s wealthy and she stepped in luckily. I smile with my mouth closed and I’ve been honestly grateful for COVID masks.
jealousy isn't helpful and not something I'm prone too

but I'm jealous! no access to trust funds or wealthy relatives unfortunately

money can't buy you happiness but it sure can buy you implants

Believe me, it was something I never expected from my sister.

Funny thing, though, I’ve seen the implant dentist and my oral surgeon is removing a bunch of my teeth and I will likely be on antibiotics for weeks. I won’t have implants until the swelling goes down. So I won’t have many teeth until the swelling goes down.

I have a lisp. Kids called me Cindy Brady when I was little. I went to speech therapy and learned to put the tip of my tongue behind my lower front teeth when I said S’s. But I won’t have teeth for a number of weeks. I think my lisp is going to go off the charts during this time. Thank God for unemployment and masks.

I flew to Medellin, Colombia and had 2 implants put in which I am extremely happy with. My father had a whole grill put in and it cost him about what you would pay for one tooth here in America.

The Dentists went to school in America. Their office was very clean and I received the kind of care I would expect from my dentist here in the States for a fraction of the price. I highly recommend.

I flew to Medellin, Colombia and had 2 implants put in which I am extremely happy with. My father had a whole grill put in and it cost him about what you would pay for one tooth here in America.

The Dentists went to school in America. Their office was very clean and I received the kind of care I would expect from my dentist here in the States for a fraction of the price. I highly recommend.

I hope you made that trip to Medellin worthwhile. Good cocaine makes your teeth go numb to the extent that if feels like a dental extraction would be painless.

Question is though, why not mexico (as opposed to Colombia)?

I've never had implants fortunately, my teeth are like the rest of my appendages; strong survivors despite poor care. Back when i was an addict amongst addicts i rarely blushed my teeth. Yet they remain straight and intact (though i never smoked cigarettes much nor drank coffee -- but plenty of meth, freebase cocaine and chasing the dragon). Then again im still not past 3 decades in life so who knows 🙄

i've never had them but will be interested to hear how you get on. i've just had a load of dental surgery and i was so unbelievably stressed about it but modern technology and surgical techniques made it way less traumatic than i expected. my parents both have some and are happy with them.

@somnilicious - i have been wondering where/how you are?!? come check in in the recovery thread i miss you!!

Why don’t you do veneers?
Veneers work well if the teeth beneath are basically healthy. I think they tend to be a cosmetic solution, but they aren’t the solution to broken teeth that break from eating the most seemingly benign foods. I have never used meth in my life, yet I feel like I look like I have. I don’t have black teeth like a meth user, I just have very poor teeth and missing teeth that I brush regularly. But flossing can mean that a tooth breaks or comes out entirely. I haven’t eaten corn on the cob or bitten into an apple for 5+ years because I fear losing my front teeth.

I fell about 6 years ago on an area of uneven payment in front of the grocery store. My front 2 teeth showed little cracks, and my right front tooth chipped. I broke off part of a 3rd tooth, and later my entire 4th front tooth came out when I was eating a piece of honeydew melon. My lips were bleeding and I have scars on my lips from the fall. Veneers probably would have worked then, but once those little cracks turned into deep fracture lines, they began to get worse, with chipping in the one tooth and my front 3 teeth seem ready to split into several pieces. I didn’t and still don’t have any dental insurance.

Veneers are great for changing the look, shape and color of your teeth, however.

I’ll be interested to see how you go. I need an implant for a tooth I lost years ago. The space it left is allowing the rest of my teeth to start moving apart giving me gaps in my otherwise perfect smile. Apparently they don’t really do bridges anymore. Just implants.

The dentist also told me I need to stop grinding my teeth or they’ll all have to be replaced in a few years.

I suffer from teeth grinding and TMJ, as well. The dentist could hear the jaw clicks when I fully opened my mouth that I’d imagined were only audible within my own head.

I’m so excited for my new teeth! Plus it’s a giant fuck you to my ex who complained if I showed my teeth in pics and said my chipped teeth hurt him during his daily blowjob.

Fuck off, Bourbon Boy! Smooth, pretty teeth and smoking blow jobs are back on the menu, just not for you, asstwat.

I have some TMJ (perhaps mild as it isn't painful) on my right side. I also hear clicks too but not all the time, but I get a nasty pop in my right ear sometimes when I open too wide, or bite on something round and hard like an apple every now and then.

I'm planning on getting my top two front teeth implanted this year, but I've been wearing flippers for the last 5 years, so not sure whether it would still be doable without getting a bone graft. That might complicate things a little. Hopefully not. Fingers crossed.

I’m expecting some bone grafts where I have had several abscesses.
Funny thing, my teeth aren’t rotten looking, they’re just breaking off, bit by bit, weekly usually, and many of my teeth also hurt.

The engineering required to put implants in is both scary and pretty impressive. All that drilling into your jaw to anchor the implants makes me a bit uncertain about whether I really need a new tooth. Maybe a gap tooth smile can still be charming when you are not 7 years old?

I have the worst dental phobia already. I slept about 2.5 hours last night even with benzos + some extra seroquel. I took another Klonnie about 45 minutes ago in the hopes that I might feel more relaxed. Of course I’m taking lisdexamphetamine in a few hours with a few Oxys.

And today is just the consult with the oral surgeon, I’ve already seen the implant dentist.

I have the worst dental phobia already. I slept about 2.5 hours last night even with benzos + some extra seroquel. I took another Klonnie about 45 minutes ago in the hopes that I might feel more relaxed. Of course I’m taking lisdexamphetamine in a few hours with a few Oxys.

And today is just the consult with the oral surgeon, I’ve already seen the implant dentist.
Hang in there.

Isn’t gabapentin supposed to mitigate neuralgias? And wouldn’t tooth pain qualify as a dental neuralgia?

Maybe I should be taking some gabapentin today...

God this scares me. I have terrible dental hygiene and always have. Somehow my teeth remain white and decent. I'm almost 30. This isn't going to last unless I make some serious changes and im going to wind up having to pay 20k for some teeth. Dental insurance doesn't cover the implants? Or is that 2k your copay?

How old are you? When did your teeth turn against you? Do you use a lot of processed sugar ? (I don't, maybe my one saving grace)