• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Has anyone else experience ZERO anxiety or depression during opiate withdrawal?

johnloperamide

Bluelighter
I posted asking about this yesterday and got no response but I am very intrigued... I myself have experience(to me at least, sure it can get way worse) horrible anxiety and depression when I quit hydro last year and cried like a baby for 7 days.. after only 2 months of use, using about 30mg when I started and 60-70mg at the end....

I have now, a year later used PST for a 1.5 months which got me only the best of times close to how I would feel on 25mg of hydro but less euphoric (I still will never forget that first time I tried hydro OMG, I could never replicate that:(.. )... So anyway this time I am getting no anxiety and no depression whatsoever, and I simply wonder if it is one of the qualities of PST or I'm stronger emotionally than before or WTF?.. Has any experience this?

Maybe your the luckiest person in the world haha. I am utterly miserable in depressed and in extreme pain when in withdrawl from heroin. Although I have been using opiates for 15 years, but still I havent really heard of many saying they never had to go through withdrawls with a regular opiate habbit. Not familar with PST, is that an opiate?

I think PST is Poppy seed Tea. I could be wrong. COrrect me if I am please.

Maybe your the luckiest person in the world haha. I am utterly miserable in depressed and in extreme pain when in withdrawl from heroin. Although I have been using opiates for 15 years, but still I havent really heard of many saying they never had to go through withdrawls with a regular opiate habbit. Not familar with PST, is that an opiate?

Yes, I guess I am fucking lucky, what I feared the most was how depressed I got when I quit hydro, maybe I should consider myself lucky and simply never touch this shit again

To be honest, it doesn't sound to me that you have ever used enough or long enough to experience actual opioid withdrawal. If depression and anxiety were your only symptoms then there was probably never any physical dependence in either situation. I hope you never have to experience true withdrawal.

Trust me though, if you continue using your "luck" WILL run out eventually.

To be honest, it doesn't sound to me that you have ever used enough or long enough to experience actual opioid withdrawal. If depression and anxiety were your only symptoms then there was probably never any physical dependence in either situation. I hope you never have to experience true withdrawal.

Trust me though, if you continue using your "luck" WILL run out eventually.

OP says that he experienced all the physical symptoms of withdrawal but had no depression or anxiety.

OP says that he experienced all the physical symptoms of withdrawal but had no depression or anxiety.

I think you misread, I see nothing in this thread about any physical symptoms, just that he had depression and anxiety quitting hydro and no symptoms quitting PST. If he said something about physical symptoms in another thread then I apologize.

Yeah sorry, I've been posting a lot of things lately and I guess I forgot to mention that... When I quit hydro I felt physical symptoms like fever, rls, pain everywhere and impossibility to sleep and this time I experienced all that plus diarreah and a lil nausea at first and now 5th day of fever, the physical symptoms have been way worse this time but no mental symptoms, and I mean none...

Other thing I noticed is the lack of energy I had last time with hydro and this time it's not so bad... I remember once I quit hydro and my energy came back how alive I felt though having all that energy I forgot I could have....

I have come to the conclusion that the seeds I take, at least at my dose, are just not strong enough to make me truly mentally addicted and that is why I don't experience those symptoms..

NOT ME.

Heres what I go thru during opiate w.d,
during the physical part of w.d my anxiety can't get any worse, I would start shaking rapidly.
I don't get depressed during the physical part of w.d, but during the phsycological part, my god, I would cry all day! Every song makes me cry, even though they're not really sad songs, and I would never cry to them when I'm not in w.d

So yeah, in conclusion,
Physical w.d = Severe anxiety
Phsycological w.d = Severe depression

OP, you're lucky. Withdrawal is akin to complete ego death for me. I lose all confidence, sense of self and am in general, out of touch with reality. During the harsh phase of my recent methadone withdrawal, I spent most of my days musing on the most quick/effective ways of committing suicide, I just couldn't help it.

Fair enough though. The intense feeling of pleasure and satisfaction that opioids bring is equally matched by the despair and sorrow experienced during the abstinence phase. That's good that you're not experiencing any of these powerful psychological symptoms. Just make sure you knock on wood, because every time I say "Yea, I'm feeling better!", my symptoms seem to return as if they were the tide ebbing and flowing. I hope you continue to have a relatively painless withdrawal, good luck.

Yeah I guess I got lucky this time... I was terrified of the anxiety I felt with hydro, I had no idea what anxiety felt like until then

I do get frustrated of feeling like this especially at night and just pray for everything to end, so maybe that is a bit mental but it's just caused by the physical pain.. My whole body hurts, my skin, for 7 days now.. I'm now sitting in my car on my break and everything just hurts I just want to sleep and forget everything

^A few weeks back when I was really bad off, I wanted sleep just as bad as I wanted heroin. After 5 days of only intermittent yen sleep (~1-2 hours per 24hr span), I was literally running on empty. The akathisia/RLS would keep me awake and fidgeting, no matter how severely I needed rest. I was starting to experience visual disturbances by that 5th day like one would from a few days' use of stimulants.

They say sleep-deprivation is one of the most psychologically traumatic forms of torture known to man and I can believe it.

^A few weeks back when I was really bad off, I wanted sleep just as bad as I wanted heroin. After 5 days of only intermittent yen sleep (~1-2 hours per 24hr span), I was literally running on empty. The akathisia/RLS would keep me awake and fidgeting, no matter how severely I needed rest. I was starting to experience visual disturbances by that 5th day like one would from a few days' use of stimulants.

They say sleep-deprivation is one of the most psychologically traumatic forms of torture known to man and I can believe it.

That RLS fucking sucks, I feel like everyone experiences it differently though.. I know people who get this naturally, not from opiate withdrawals, and they say they feel no pain but just can't keep their legs still... I experience what I always thought was RLS naturally sometimes too but in my case it's a very annoying pain in my thighs which I've had almost all the time since I've quit PST, exercise helps a lot with that

However, this time I experience a whole new other form of RLS, nights 3, 4 and 5 I had this horrible feeling all over my body not just my legs, wasn't really pain now and could not stay fucking still and benadryl made it so much worse.
Almost every night also I have woken up several time at night feeling just horrible, Idk if that is also RLS or general shittiness feeling, it's hard to describe, definitely a feeling I never want to experience again.. Thank god ambien let me sleep well last night

I found one of my old posts from last year when I was quitting, hydro, I had a different username, and damn I thought I remember how sad I was but from what I wrote I really must have been feeling like fucking shit... Now I see why I feared that sadness so much.. I'm glad this time it's been only physical

Always had depression and horrible mood swings, other than that the consistent nausea and general personality numbness is gone

Poppy seed tea SUCKS, and I am an expert, trust me. Have fought 6 years to get away from legal script oxy. Doing a damn good job finally. Wife handles the "pharmacy'. Honesty is best. We cannot do it alone. However, after my script got cut in half, decided to augment with pst. BAD MOVE. Talk about going in wrong direction.
Yeah the stuff works, but your tolerance will SKYROCKET in very short order.

Now, instead of mild detox from small script been weaning down slowly for a year, it was 5 days of FUCK ME misery, and let me tell you, the script, barely touches the wd symptoms. Worst black dark miserable depression imagineable. Lethargy, whole nine. Sweated it out and back to square one. However coming off a smaller script is peanuts compared to pst!

Ask yourself, " if something works THAT well, where is my tolerance going?"

Exactly. Just like stupid ass 8mg strips of that orange subs crap. Works REALLY well. I cut down to a sliver. Still go thru misery. Leave that shit alone. You CAN titrate down scripts very very slowly. Replacing with stronger opiates like pst is a recipe for disaster.

We NEED help. You CANNOT do this alone. Period. I dont trust me, wife doesnt trust me, as well she shouldnt.

Get help from someone that isnt a fellow doper. That is the only way. We are poor and cant afford fancy detox in malibu, fine. But opiate withdrawal is hell, so go slowwwww, it takes months for your brain to readjust to new surroundings, there are no quick fixes. This new elimidrol is promising, what the heck you know you'd sell your own mother for another fix, whats 75 bucks for some concentrated natural stuff designed for YOU?

Just saying, lots of positive reports from elimidrol. I have a cupboard full of supps whats a few bucks more, and after about 4 days detoxing from just the pst i swore off that stuff, you are dumping too many alkaloid compounds into your system and its like the detox compounds significantly.

These asshole pharmaceuticals along with us got us into this mess, it is up to us alone to crawl out of the hole, but there IS hope! Gawd just one week poat pst and am skipping around, eating like a horse. Hope for the future.

Stay away from the easy fix, nothing is free there is a significant price to pay fucking around with that crap. Good luck everyone.

Always had depression and horrible mood swings, other than that the consistent nausea and general personality numbness is gone

I thought I would too... From what I read in my posts I barely had any physical symptoms with hydro but with PST all physical.... Honestly, idk what I prefer, neither I'd have to say.. better to be clean and pain free

Poppy seed tea SUCKS, and I am an expert, trust me. Have fought 6 years to get away from legal script oxy. Doing a damn good job finally. Wife handles the "pharmacy'. Honesty is best. We cannot do it alone. However, after my script got cut in half, decided to augment with pst. BAD MOVE. Talk about going in wrong direction.
Yeah the stuff works, but your tolerance will SKYROCKET in very short order.

Now, instead of mild detox from small script been weaning down slowly for a year, it was 5 days of FUCK ME misery, and let me tell you, the script, barely touches the wd symptoms. Worst black dark miserable depression imagineable. Lethargy, whole nine. Sweated it out and back to square one. However coming off a smaller script is peanuts compared to pst!

Ask yourself, " if something works THAT well, where is my tolerance going?"

Exactly. Just like stupid ass 8mg strips of that orange subs crap. Works REALLY well. I cut down to a sliver. Still go thru misery. Leave that shit alone. You CAN titrate down scripts very very slowly. Replacing with stronger opiates like pst is a recipe for disaster.

We NEED help. You CANNOT do this alone. Period. I dont trust me, wife doesnt trust me, as well she shouldnt.

Get help from someone that isnt a fellow doper. That is the only way. We are poor and cant afford fancy detox in malibu, fine. But opiate withdrawal is hell, so go slowwwww, it takes months for your brain to readjust to new surroundings, there are no quick fixes. This new elimidrol is promising, what the heck you know you'd sell your own mother for another fix, whats 75 bucks for some concentrated natural stuff designed for YOU?

Just saying, lots of positive reports from elimidrol. I have a cupboard full of supps whats a few bucks more, and after about 4 days detoxing from just the pst i swore off that stuff, you are dumping too many alkaloid compounds into your system and its like the detox compounds significantly.

These asshole pharmaceuticals along with us got us into this mess, it is up to us alone to crawl out of the hole, but there IS hope! Gawd just one week poat pst and am skipping around, eating like a horse. Hope for the future.

Stay away from the easy fix, nothing is free there is a significant price to pay fucking around with that crap. Good luck everyone.

Jeez, yes I have read now of enough people say what you are that PST is the fucking worst, I'm luckily almost done with my withdrawal, day 8 and I know I'll start feeling worse later in the day but it is almost gone and I don't think I'll be touching it again...

It's amazing how you can buy this shit on amazon when it is so dangerous, and you don't even need to be 21 or 18 or anything... But you still need to be the right age for cigarettes and alcohol, the government is fucking stupid... I really do believe it is only a matter of time since UNwashed seeds disappear altogether... The ones I used to buy from amazon have a million reviews on people using it for PST and it is simply a matter of time since they take them away

Jeez, yes I have read now of enough people say what you are that PST is the fucking worst, I'm luckily almost done with my withdrawal, day 8 and I know I'll start feeling worse later in the day but it is almost gone and I don't think I'll be touching it again...

It's amazing how you can buy this shit on amazon when it is so dangerous, and you don't even need to be 21 or 18 or anything... But you still need to be the right age for cigarettes and alcohol, the government is fucking stupid... I really do believe it is only a matter of time since UNwashed seeds disappear altogether... The ones I used to buy from amazon have a million reviews on people using it for PST and it is simply a matter of time since they take them away

Absolutely, there are good kinds, and the ones that are constantly selling out. They ARE all mostly washed anyways, just some more than others. DEA is well aware of whats going on, but aren't going to put a lot of muscle towards seeds , what with all the overtime they can get busting down doors going after grandma drug dealer.

Look, this oxy epidemic was just another manufactured deal, to keep the war on drugs going in perpetuity. This is what happened, and is STILL happening (zohydro? Hello?), these bastard pharmas along with their butt buddy fda partners in crime, created these marvelous, fantastic short acting opiates, and finally, America's pain problem is solved.

The Drs go off the FDA, and the studies, and the inserts fine print. They were told how unlikely these SAO's were to be abused, practically impossible to get addicted, and the Drs bought it hook line and sinker.

All these years later, now they create even stronger opiate replacements like subs, which granted are a far better alternative to heroin for instance, but an absolute death spiral for those physically dependent on SAO's, said dependency almost a virtual GUARANTEE sans any real game plan from the outset.

And patients dont understand, that there is virtually NO upper limit to dependency. So those little 5mg jobbers that had you on the happy train way back, are now 600-1000mg a day, and thats just to feel normal.

So, lets flood the streets with a much cheaper alternative like say, heroin!

And the war on drugs is now a guaranteed certainty to keep dea and local pd flush with budget money forever, but make sure to do a certain amount of high profile busts, and dont forget asset forfeiture, nice little bump to the bottom line.

We, are all alone in this. These fuckers knew EXACTLY what they were doing, so, fight the system by getting clean at all costs as if your life depended on it, because it does.

And you kids jacking around with PST like its some joke, you are no better than a heroin addict with a needle in their arm on skid row.

You arent getting away with anything, because the bill will come due eventually, the ONLY question is, (if you live that long), how much of your life will be left when its all over. How many friends, family, associates are still there. Not many, maybe momma.

So please, do not do it as some kind of "fuck it lets party" thing, any more than you would jam a syringe of H up your veins. There are no success stories here, only misery, despondency, tragedy, and death. THAT is how it ends up with no exceptions. Nope, you arent the exception either. Or me.

Fuck pst