• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Harm reduction regarding MDMA and fentanyl

NeoLid

Bluelighter
So something very strange happened to me while back I was on a few tabs of acid about 7 hours in when I decided to smoke some fentanyl, this unexpectedly greatly potentiated my trip to the point where i almost experienced ego death. It was somewhat similar to smoking weed while on acid it made the trip waaay stronger then weed would have, and I have no idea as to why that happened...

Some people thought the cause might be the fact that fentanyl has some serotonin activity. This is where my question comes in I decided to do some molly, and I would like to smoke fentanyl during this. Mostly to help with anxiety I get while on any stimulants also just to relax me during the trip and especially at the end to help with the comedown.

But I am worried the fentanyl might potentiate the MDMA like it did with LSD, I'm not complaining about a stronger trip but I am worried it might be dangerous, or it might become too strong. Or maybe I might get serotonin syndrome or something? Anyone have any insight as to what happened with the acid or what might happend if I smoke it on mdma.

MDMA although not a typical stimulant is still a powerful stimulant and adding an opioid to that probably isn’t the best idea. Speedball as it’s called (typically speed + heroin) is known to be quite dangerous for the heart and has taken many lives before. LSD is MUCH less damaging physically and easier on the serotonin system than MDMA so that was definitely a safer combo. In the spirit of harm reduction it’s probably best to avoid that combo, or at least wait until the roll is coming down and dose lower than you would for each individually. Just my $0.02

It's a myth that speedballs somehow put undue strain on your heart because they "go in different directions" so to say. Usually the problem with speedballs is that it is very easy to get high in such a way that the only thing keeping you awake and breathing is the stimulating effect of, for instance cocaine. With the classic cocaine plus heroin combo, the cocaine would wear off before the heroin would, and hence there was a risk of delayed ODs. (Also cocaine itself is cardiotoxic, regardless of what you mix it with)

I'm a bit of an odd person when it comes to drug combinations - I actually found LSD plus opioids to be quite pleasant, not unduly potentiating or anything, just made everything warm and fuzzy.

Fentanyl is often cut with caffeine - could that explain the potentiating effects you experienced, maybe?

One of my good friends was opioid-dependent, and reported that MDMA was just as effective as he remebers it. This may be different from a non-addicted person though, as he was not super high on the opioids but instead just acting normally. I would be lying if I said I had not tried MDMA plus opioids as well - If you are keeping your doses reasonable, they shouldn't interact in a hazardous way.

But, the safest option is to stick to one drug at a time. MDMA is euphoric enough without needing to add opioid effects to the mix, I reckon.