• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Harm Reduction, Policy, and Addictions Resources in Ontario, Canada. + Social (Updated Jan 1 2021)

@Alex_1991 don't work too hard ! And thank for all of the imperative resources that are a fantastic support and can and will help out tremendously.

Nice thread
I’m just west of the gta myself but come from a small town, about an hour south of Tobermorrey. Friends say drugs are just as rampant as when I left 10 years ago. I don’t notice them as much here but I have a friend who works in harm reduction (at a sis amongst other places) and she sees it daily.

I know sunrise has some posted some great links for gcms testing in Toronto and I know ir isn’t the best option, especially for rcs which may not be in the database, but there is a testing facility in BC to which you can send in samples for free testing https://getyourdrugstested.com/

Nice thread
I’m just west of the gta myself but come from a small town, about an hour south of Tobermorrey. Friends say drugs are just as rampant as when I left 10 years ago. I don’t notice them as much here but I have a friend who works in harm reduction (at a sis amongst other places) and she sees it daily.

I know sunrise has some posted some great links for gcms testing in Toronto and I know ir isn’t the best option, especially for rcs which may not be in the database, but there is a testing facility in BC to which you can send in samples for free testing https://getyourdrugstested.com/
Yeah this is an awesome site.

This is a great compilation of resources, thanks for putting the effort in!

That site is dope!

Love the results page, including this beauty from Orangeville: Sold as ketamine, Result: DMT

Is that considered a free upgrade?

Yeah, considering I've never done DMT and am getting scared of trying these intense ones in my "old" age and wouldn't mind kicking it with K again for old time's sake, I'm with you on that one.

Just updated with a list of CMHA resources. A few are repeats but there's also a SHIT TON of good stuff here. Check it out!

A friend who works in Guelph mentioned they got the green light for an on site drug testing pilot at the CTS (or sis, whatever ya wanna call it lol). I’ll update with details later this week when she knows more about what will be offered etc

A friend who works in Guelph mentioned they got the green light for an on site drug testing pilot at the CTS (or sis, whatever ya wanna call it lol). I’ll update with details later this week when she knows more about what will be offered etc
Nice. I heard through the grapevine there's going to be a hydromorph replacement program started or something like safe supply at Guelph CHS too. You know anything about that?

@Alex_1991 i believe my friend mentioned something in regards to that but I honestly can’t recall. I’ll be sure to ask her if she’s knows anything of it the next time I see her.

Okie dokie bit of an update from their meeting last night

She tells me the safe supply pilot is being narrowed down to 10 of the most at risk clients. For now

They are also starting a peer injection pilot. As it’s become apparent that some of the clients simply aren’t capable of injecting themselves, while others are just inept and get frustrated (lol)

As for the drug testing pilot, it will begin in Wednesdays in January. They will use nir spectroscopy, which is kinda limited but better than nothing I suppose

Drug policy is economic and politically driven. Nixon ruined it along with the drug enforcers of 1917 1937. Corona is a cover for bankruptcy. And there’s a rush on a vaccine where marijuana is as old as man and crooks still say we need more research. The war on drugs is racist. I still think Ron Paul is one of the greatest freedom fighters of all time. Yeah PA rolled out a mmj program but it is so bad. Festivals are great especially in ny.

Anyone here know of a decent peer support service for people who have addicts in their lives?

Asking for a mate who recently went through some serious psychodrama shit with a friend of ours who has been overdoing the meth on the daily for the last decade almost and is now completely off the rails/deep end/demon tweak.

The guy's somewhat traumatised by what her and her partner have put him through in the last few months.

If any of you know of somewhere I could refer him to, I'd much appreciate.

Hearing me yap and give him advice over the phone isn't doing it for him. 😜

Anyone here know of a decent peer support service for people who have addicts in their lives?

Asking for a mate who recently went through some serious psychodrama shit with a friend of ours who has been overdoing the meth on the daily for the last decade almost and is now completely off the rails/deep end/demon tweak.

The guy's somewhat traumatised by what her and her partner have put him through in the last few months.

If any of you know of somewhere I could refer him to, I'd much appreciate.

Hearing me yap and give him advice over the phone isn't doing it for him. 😜
If he's lgbt 29 or under pieces to pathways out of toronto is awesome