• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Harm Reduction: Crystal Methamphetamine, Addicted

ThatSpaceyKid

Bluelighter
Unfortunately, I am addicted to Crystal Methamphetamine again... It happened so fast. And I have successfully began to IV use about a month or so ago... I have began to add a little bit of Black Tar Heroin to the syringe... I enjoy the way it hits... I am here for some tips on harm reduction. I get so damn shaky when I try to put the needle in and draw blood.. As I am shaky I also have to pull back the plunger with my teeth and raise my arm to reach my mouth... I notice I am addicted to Crystal Meth more. I have had a Heroin addiction in the past, but have been able to get off and use casually... I have also been using Crystal meth again for 3 months. Regularly... By far though not even close to my doses. My biggest shot is maybe a multiple bags... Of meth and one bag of heroin.. Anything you can tell me will help. Thanks. I am having trouble hitting the vein now to... If you can help with info on that. It looks healthy.. But I just have so much trouble trying to get the vein... =[ I hate needles to. But its the only way.. Smoking it helps get rid of the hurt.. (Cyrstal Meth) Yes meth. I don't hurt from Heroin... Just nervous, sad, tired, irritable, shaky, anxious, emotional, sensitive, pessimistic, and anti social.... And my mind wont shut up. The hurt comes after 1 day now after use.. IV using actually gets me high. I don't share my dope now. Its ALL mine... I have to use eventually to function at work. I am on the go often.. I KNOW stopping use is safest... but I am more than addicted.. I NEED it. I don't just want it anymore. Crystal Meth does lead me to a horrible life. And trouble and bad life choices. But... its a risk I'm willing to take. Its like getting off sexually to use Meth. We all need to get off.. Some have sex. Or some do hard drugs... I have managed to keep my temper controlled and just seclude when I'm going to freak out. I haven't figured out how to hide the weight loss.. but not concerned with that.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You are obviously self-aware and intelligent enough to know what you have to do...Quit and don't look back.

Might be worthwhile to check into inpatient of some sorts and detox. Detoxing in treatment is worlds safer than going at it alone. I am a recovered junkie and I tell you with confidence the heroin will take over once your brain chemistry changes. In due time your brain will physically change and require heroin to move. Let alone work or be productive. The cost alone from both habits will ruin you itself. This road has been travelled countless times before either of us and it all ends in the same place. Methamphetamine is not physically addicting; that is not to say you couldn't physically hurt from abusing it. The 'pain' you may feel is from the effects it has on your muscles. Being utterly tense for days/weeks on end will take their toll and after you finally sleep you will feel the ramifications. Whereas heroin is a different animal entirely.

.. Smoking it helps get rid of the hurt.. (Cyrstal Meth) Yes meth. I don't hurt from Heroin... Just nervous, sad, tired, irritable, shaky, anxious, emotional, sensitive, pessimistic, and anti social.... And my mind wont shut up. The hurt comes after 1 day now after use..

You sure it's not the heroin that makes you hurt and the ice that produces those psychological effects? Because I am.

Before that you said you had a prior addiction to heroin. Have you ever been truly dopesick? Meth rebounds and withdrawals are laughable comparatively, for myself at least. Think of it like this: you can have a ridiculous meth problem and it's quite possible to stop cold turkey. The only real danger in it is yourself allowing the horrid meth-induced depression to convince you of suicide. Quit a bad horse habit cold turkey and it's quite possible, if not likely that you'll die.

I'm sure you know that already, so to the point. Are you alternating arms or at least veins? Where do you hit usually? In trying to contain a speed habit you're top priorities are sleep and nutrition. Your body HAS to sleep. I know several old-timers who can sleep right after banging a shot that would make my fucking hair fall out. So, you can acclimate if that way of life appeals to you. Make sure you're eating just as much food as you would otherwise, if not more. Body has to have fuel to burn. Learn to like yogurt and dairy products in general. Also, I would look into nootropics in an effort to help replenish what neuro-precursors you can.

But honestly, with speed it's an unsustainable system. Your body cannot and will not keep up as far as dopamine and other neurotransmitters go. They cannot be restored nearly as fast as they're expended from meth. The only hope I would think is if you set up a daily health regimen and followed it like a fucking robot. That's tedious to say the least.

And on top of that you want to throw in a heroin problem? Your body won't be able to carry that burden for too long, my friend. Pretty much all you can do is micromanage your daily nutrition/hydration, train yourself to sleep when twacked out, and practice safe injecting practices. Clean everything involved in your injeection ritual obsessively. Make it your new tweak even.

but, yeah lemme know where all you're shooting at and how frequently. Only a month in, brother. Quit while you're ahead, lest quit when you're dead.

My friend, I know you say you need it to function and that's probably true - but you gotta stop ASAP. It was this exact dual-addiction that took a 7 year drug career that had progressed without incident and brought it to a horrifying end in the hospital for me.

You may lose your job, or whatever it is you have going on that you need the drugs to function for - but it's worth it to get free. Took me over a year sobriety to stop craving meth.

My meth addiction was for me, far more debilitating than my heroin addiction, and it took me 18 months to feel "okay" after I quit them both.

This path leads nowhere - it isn't sustainable.

Best of luck with whatever you do

It's def time to stop buddy. I've always had a rule for myself. I never use needles ever and when u need a drug for normal functions is gone to far. I am a crystal user myself. But I use a lil bit for a few days max then take some time off to replenish my body. I found out fast that I love this drug so anything that good I gotta b careful with. Not saying I'm never gonna b an addict hard core. Meth does that so fucking fast. But I am pretty responsible with it these days. I hate rehab myself but sometimes it's a nessasary evil. Good luck on this. It's a long hard road. I been there a few years ago. Stay positive and don't give up no matter what

Check back into a rehab and get off both the meth, dope, and whatever other drugs you are using before it is too late. Stay safe, and have a happy new year and a great 2017.

I agree with all that has been said above. I too have been in rehab. A few years back I was using about 240 mgs of hydrocodone a day. It didn't give me euphoria any more, as you said, I needed it just to function. It was a nightmare that I had put myself into - even knowing how I got there I felt helpless when it came to getting out. It seemed to be as much a part of me as one of my arms or legs, and after all, how could I let that go? My whole world was spiraling down all around me - I had lied to the people I loved the most, stolen, ignored the few friends that had stuck around - and personally, even when I had enough I was beyond depressed and completely miserable. I don't even remember exactly what made me go - one day I was just there, I just went. It was so good to be there! Sounds ridiculous, I know - but venting, bitching, crying was so much more life sustaining than popping those pills. Time passed, life went on, lots of changes. Had you asked me then if I'd be living the life I am today, I never would have thought so. I didn't become 'boring', I wasn't 'lost' - just the opposite. I accomplish so much more now. I learned to take care of myself, which is the most amazing feeling, and in doing so I can now be there for my loved ones when needed. I have not become "perfect", don't think I want to be! I still party once in awhile, too. I have no problem staying away from the pills though, and having learned the hard way, when I do party I do so in moderation. If, for one moment I were to feel lack of control - I can honestly say that I believe in myself enough to nip it in bud. I guess it's impossible to know what the future may bring, but I have something now that no one in this world can take from me or alter in any way, something that is all mine! It's freedom! It's extremely powerful, and it's there for you too! It's New Year's Eve. I hope it marks the beginning of positive, new things and choices in your life!!

Unfortunately, I am addicted to Crystal Methamphetamine again... It happened so fast. And I have successfully began to IV use about a month or so ago... I have began to add a little bit of Black Tar Heroin to the syringe... I enjoy the way it hits...

Rehab. You can't use meth in a sustainable fashion if you IV it because you like the way it hits.

I have pondered all that has been said. The late response was because I pondered all of what has been said for days. I consider myself very functional. I am no old timer no, but I am no novice. I notice this time around I have less people and less stress. I am working a full time job *I used to only be able to maintain working 20 hours or less due to drug use* I no longer show many symptoms. I can support it all, always have been able to. The rehab thing sounds wonderful, but my previous experience has made me full of distain from rehab. The actual concept and program isn't bad, but the other clients were the worst. I HATED everyone. My counselor always blew me off and I only met with him 4 times the entire 6 months. I finished a 6 month program at the Salvation Army. Its rough there because you either keep up or you get kicked out. I use to escape a world of misery, depression, and regret. Suffer from OCD which has a huge impact on life as this leads to dissatisfaction with every aspect of my life because it isn't what I desire it to be. These days I get spun out for weeks on end or repeat a binge pattern weekly. Crystal Meth calms me down and almost gives me a sedated, alert, relaxed feeling. Helps with confidence, etc. Now. I hear what you are saying about the Heroin. I thought the same too. But this is not the case. I tested this to be sure. I also have no craving mentally nor physically for Heroin. I haven't touched it in almost a month and feel the same. I believe it is from forcing my body to go on and when it cant making it go with a dose. It is from malnourishment, I do eat 2-3 times a day, but definitely not enough to restore vital nutrients. It is very true. I left here before rehab addicted to IV Heroin and Meth. All around my substance abuse is a problem. I do not care how I use, and it does not matter what I use. My binges are every week. I use 3-6 days in a row and do not sleep. I can also fall asleep and eat on Crystal, but it takes away from the high. I suppose I rarely get the rush these days unless I IV. Which causes anger and frustration because I get spun for days and days, but rarely get the rush. Yet still.. I physically crave methamphetamine. Out of all the substances I have done and been hooked on... Crystal is the one that has me on my knees. Also I suppose it is fair to say that a lot of my anguish is from anxiety. Anxiety from having to hide my use, having to get money to use, having to go to work and hide my use and be productive, to control my doses to avoid being caught, keeping up with my lies, worrying about nosey people finding my stash, worrying about the consequences, feeling so much guilt, the anxiety of not having it, anxiety of not being able to find my doses, and pretty much anxiety from everything. I wish I can find a different way... But I have so much from the past that haunts me all the time, to live a double life, to maintain a healthy family life, and having to deal with sudden and random onsets of depression and suicidal thoughts due to a poor self image, self hate, years of emotional abuse, years of loneliness, and regrets that I cannot bear the anguish. I have to dose just to escape my feelings.. I have been stuck for the last 4 years of my life a slave of Crystal Meth, and the last 6 years a drug addict.. Only 20 but have already had mental break downs, to be hospitalized for anxiety, and years of abuse, alcoholism, drug addiction, abandonment, drug addiction, rehab, etc... Never thought life would be this way. Til the bitter ends.. Jails, institutions, or death.

Might be worthwhile to check into inpatient of some sorts and detox. Detoxing in treatment is worlds safer than going at it alone. I am a recovered junkie and I tell you with confidence the heroin will take over once your brain chemistry changes. In due time your brain will physically change and require heroin to move. Let alone work or be productive. The cost alone from both habits will ruin you itself. This road has been travelled countless times before either of us and it all ends in the same place. Methamphetamine is not physically addicting; that is not to say you couldn't physically hurt from abusing it. The 'pain' you may feel is from the effects it has on your muscles. Being utterly tense for days/weeks on end will take their toll and after you finally sleep you will feel the ramifications. Whereas heroin is a different animal entirely.

You sure it's not the heroin that makes you hurt and the ice that produces those psychological effects? Because I am.

Before that you said you had a prior addiction to heroin. Have you ever been truly dopesick? Meth rebounds and withdrawals are laughable comparatively, for myself at least. Think of it like this: you can have a ridiculous meth problem and it's quite possible to stop cold turkey. The only real danger in it is yourself allowing the horrid meth-induced depression to convince you of suicide. Quit a bad horse habit cold turkey and it's quite possible, if not likely that you'll die.

I'm sure you know that already, so to the point. Are you alternating arms or at least veins? Where do you hit usually? In trying to contain a speed habit you're top priorities are sleep and nutrition. Your body HAS to sleep. I know several old-timers who can sleep right after banging a shot that would make my fucking hair fall out. So, you can acclimate if that way of life appeals to you. Make sure you're eating just as much food as you would otherwise, if not more. Body has to have fuel to burn. Learn to like yogurt and dairy products in general. Also, I would look into nootropics in an effort to help replenish what neuro-precursors you can.

But honestly, with speed it's an unsustainable system. Your body cannot and will not keep up as far as dopamine and other neurotransmitters go. They cannot be restored nearly as fast as they're expended from meth. The only hope I would think is if you set up a daily health regimen and followed it like a fucking robot. That's tedious to say the least.

And on top of that you want to throw in a heroin problem? Your body won't be able to carry that burden for too long, my friend. Pretty much all you can do is micromanage your daily nutrition/hydration, train yourself to sleep when twacked out, and practice safe injecting practices. Clean everything involved in your injeection ritual obsessively. Make it your new tweak even.

but, yeah lemme know where all you're shooting at and how frequently. Only a month in, brother. Quit while you're ahead, lest quit when you're dead.

You know... For me physical pain and such isn't a big deal. I have had dope sickness several times in my life. Sad lol. I was nearly dead from Heroin at 16 from a few years of use. But then Crystal meth came along and saved me from that mess. Little did I know it just began. I have quit Heroin several times by force due to bad home situations. Had to go cold turkey. Just remember the first time. Couldn't eat for a long time. Cried in pain for 4 days. Layed on my floor curled in a ball for days because it hurt to much to move. The intense stomach pains and aches. The body aches. Etc. Anyways, my dose is usually a full G. Not all in one shot of course. Usually half is shot in two shots one after another, but then I finish it off by smoking the rest. Usually 2-3 shots every day that I do use. And then just smoke or take lines through the day. I love meth for that reason. You don't have to use every day. I am able to last off of one dose for 2-3 days max. The high dies down slowly, but comes back in waves. Love to feel spun, but love the rush more. Shooting in the veins on both arms. If I can I will have someone else hit me because I get to nervous. But always use a sharp clean rig. Never share. I am to impatient.. Probably a good portion of my issue. I do not drink a lot of water to accommodate for the dehydration it causes, but enough to keep mouth moist and nausea away. But as a result cant find veins some times. Which in this instance I end up poking myself all night trying to get the vein. Or have times when I am so shaky or have tremors because I am feeling "Meth sick" so I will go to quick and end up missing a little or I will end up pushing the plunger down to fast... Or I have those times when all is well and I do it in the first try. I am uncoordinated so I cannot pull the plunger back myself with fingers, and I'm shaky, and my hands are so sweaty.. SO I have to use my teeth to do it by bending my arm up... I do not use cotton or any filter which I know is stupid, but it also helps avoid Cotton Fever...Worst comes to worse or if I cant shoot it... I have taken interest in breaking the needle off and injecting in my nose with the new syringe without a needle. Or I have taken interest in shooting it up my anus... Just cant say no and try later lol have to use it all... Weed is also a key factor. Helps with disssiness, irritability, anxiety, and for me it helps me feel euphoric when I am about to crash just enough to get through the day to go pick up again... And... I am just rambling... Because of this horrible substance.

alright um, i was looking up foilies when i found your account post. I made a fuckin account so i could ask you a question: I have heard in Keystone Treatment that meth is, like, the best there is. Just wondering because i am new to this drug shit. I just started summer 16'. any advice you could give me would be much appreciated.

alright um, i was looking up foilies when i found your account post. I made a fuckin account so i could ask you a question: I have heard in Keystone Treatment that meth is, like, the best there is. Just wondering because i am new to this drug shit. I just started summer 16'. any advice you could give me would be much appreciated.

Different strokes for different folks, apples and oranges also applies man. Ask any ten people here what the "best" drug is and you'll get ten different answers. For example, I prefer straight up dexamp to dexmethamp.

Also if you have "just started this drugs shit" then I have no idea why you'd willingly want to jump into the deep end of the pool and go straight to meth. Most of the time, it's a dirty drug and you'll deal with some real "dirty" people to get it. I understand the desire to explore, but there's nothing unique to meth that you can't get a taste of from other safer drugs.

Crystal Meth has been the best thing there is in my experience. However, there comes a price with that pleasure... I have always seen meth as a demon... I swear once you sign up there is no out... Feels like I sold my soul to this drug... I have also came to believe that with Meth that you will always think/crave it. It is that addictive. But be warned. Meth poses the worst damage there is... Mental damage. I wish I could be alive again... Like someone said... Why do you wan't to drown right away? If you haven't seen pain and misery my friend, get ready for some hard times... Be willing to risk EVERYTHING you love and have for this drug... My advice is to stay the hell away from Crystal Meth. Also don't be surprised if you lose your family and loved ones... If you start getting into trouble. If you become desperate enough to do ANYTHING for it... Its all fun and games til you realize you are a ****** Junky.... I mean I understand where you are coming from... I was the same way.. Never took it slow. Always just jumped in... Ive met my match with Crystal Meth... I cannot stop using it! =[ Its been almost about 4 years... I was supposed to quit 4 years ago.. .Never meant to get hooked on it...Listen dude... There isn't many good things to say about this drug... Its torture. I am losing myself... My body is tired. My emotions are screwed up. I cannot eat or sleep without meth. I cannot function without it. I spend all my money on it... Stick with bud dude.

Unfortunately, I am addicted to Crystal Methamphetamine again... It happened so fast. And I have successfully began to IV use about a month or so ago... I have began to add a little bit of Black Tar Heroin to the syringe... I enjoy the way it hits... I am here for some tips on harm reduction. I get so damn shaky when I try to put the needle in and draw blood.. As I am shaky I also have to pull back the plunger with my teeth and raise my arm to reach my mouth... I notice I am addicted to Crystal Meth more. I have had a Heroin addiction in the past, but have been able to get off and use casually... I have also been using Crystal meth again for 3 months. Regularly... By far though not even close to my doses. My biggest shot is maybe a multiple bags... Of meth and one bag of heroin.. Anything you can tell me will help. Thanks. I am having trouble hitting the vein now to... If you can help with info on that. It looks healthy.. But I just have so much trouble trying to get the vein... =[ I hate needles to. But its the only way.. Smoking it helps get rid of the hurt.. (Cyrstal Meth) Yes meth. I don't hurt from Heroin... Just nervous, sad, tired, irritable, shaky, anxious, emotional, sensitive, pessimistic, and anti social.... And my mind wont shut up. The hurt comes after 1 day now after use.. IV using actually gets me high. I don't share my dope now. Its ALL mine... I have to use eventually to function at work. I am on the go often.. I KNOW stopping use is safest... but I am more than addicted.. I NEED it. I don't just want it anymore. Crystal Meth does lead me to a horrible life. And trouble and bad life choices. But... its a risk I'm willing to take. Its like getting off sexually to use Meth. We all need to get off.. Some have sex. Or some do hard drugs... I have managed to keep my temper controlled and just seclude when I'm going to freak out. I haven't figured out how to hide the weight loss.. but not concerned with that.

Thanks. Hi I think everyone on this site would benefit from reading either or both of Dr. Carl Hart's books. He's been researching drug us in real humans for over 20 years at Columbia University.There's harm reduction tips in the book "Drugs are for grown-ups!"

Crystal Meth has been the best thing there is in my experience. However, there comes a price with that pleasure... I have always seen meth as a demon... I swear once you sign up there is no out... Feels like I sold my soul to this drug... I have also came to believe that with Meth that you will always think/crave it. It is that addictive. But be warned. Meth poses the worst damage there is... Mental damage. I wish I could be alive again... Like someone said... Why do you wan't to drown right away? If you haven't seen pain and misery my friend, get ready for some hard times... Be willing to risk EVERYTHING you love and have for this drug... My advice is to stay the hell away from Crystal Meth. Also don't be surprised if you lose your family and loved ones... If you start getting into trouble. If you become desperate enough to do ANYTHING for it... Its all fun and games til you realize you are a ****** Junky.... I mean I understand where you are coming from... I was the same way.. Never took it slow. Always just jumped in... Ive met my match with Crystal Meth... I cannot stop using it! =[ Its been almost about 4 years... I was supposed to quit 4 years ago.. .Never meant to get hooked on it...Listen dude... There isn't many good things to say about this drug... Its torture. I am losing myself... My body is tired. My emotions are screwed up. I cannot eat or sleep without meth. I cannot function without it. I spend all my money on it... Stick with bud dude.
I like your sentiments mate but just pointing out to you that the poster you're replying to hasn't been on BL for 3 years