• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Harm Reduction - Acetone Wash

research_this

Greenlighter
using dehydrator to speed evaporation?

Wondering if anyone knows anyone who has used a dehydrator to evaporate empanadas? to speed that 24 hour wait stage?

or know anyone who has used this when faced with clumpy "wet"?

read about microwaving a plate or low in oven, but I was told about dehydrators that have temp controls to ensure an even temp and constant airflow.

just a thought.

empanadas? the food? plz clarify wtf you're on about man
i'm going to assume this is a weird slang name for drugs and keep this open for now lol

Last edited:
empanadas? the food? plz clarify wtf you're on about man
i'm going to assume this is a weird slang name for drugs and keep this open for now lol

The last step of the acetone wash, when you fold over the filter and let it dry. when you are done and take out the clump it looks like a little empanada. That is what I have always heard it referred as.

The last step of the acetone wash when you are supposed to let the acetone evaporate...does anyone know anyone who has used a dehydrator to speed the process?

The last step of the acetone wash, when you fold over the filter and let it dry. when you are done and take out the clump it looks like a little empanada. That is what I have always heard it referred as.

The last step of the acetone wash when you are supposed to let the acetone evaporate...does anyone know anyone who has used a dehydrator to speed the process?

I read a whole article on this last year. The proper way to dry the blow is to wait 72 hours, but I have heard of people using a microwave, (not sure if that affects the quality). Acetone washing is used to separate the impurities (lamisol, lidocaine, etc) from the actual tropane alkaloids found in the leaves as street cocaine is usually only about 20% pure these days.

ahh that makes sense, i'd never heard of that particular expression - thanks for clarifying ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Not trying to stir up old threads, but as for harm reduction, I am very very pleased with the results of the acetone wash process.
Was scared to do it and lose everything, but was very pleased to get 70% back.

Regardless, if I had only recouped 50%, I would have been happy as the difference in effect is obvious and immediate.

So much better relaxed vibe. Will wash whenever possible now, no question.

I am not here to make any claims that it has washed away everything, I know that isn't true. And I am sure there are smarter cuts and cutting process that prevent a simple Acetone wash from showing the real lack of quality.

However, my nose isn't clogged completely with glucose/talc/laxative/whatever, I don't get that headache, and my general demeanor is so much more relaxed. Greatly reduced late-night hurry-up and do another feeling as well.

Just my opinion, based on my sample, for sheer harm reduction, I recommend.

One bad thing...I got off the wagon, in order to get motivation to clean out my house of all the shit we don't need or want in preparation to move.
The unwashed made me pretty fidgety and had lots of energy to burn off cleaning. Kinda my temporary deal with the devil to get this huge job done. Only use to work, and have to keep working in order to use.
The washed stuff just makes me want to sit back and enjoy it. not the deal I made with myself. Back on the wagon I guess....definitely not going back to that unwashed feeling.

If you are out there Le Junk....thanks.

Mods feel free to not post this thread if it doesn't meet standards. I'm new.

dissolved in water but will not crystallize after evaporation. help?

.25g in 50ml bottled water. filtered onto glass plate. plate put in food dehydrator which was circulating 100 degree f air.

this .25g was successfully acetoned washed per Le Junk prior to this. there was still something that didn't come out in the wash.
fine gritty grains. rub nose then rub fingers together and grit was evident.

decided to do a water extraction.

left with clear sticky glass plate. imagine like coca-cola that has evaporated and left just that sticky cola syrup residue. can't really describe it better.
clear sticky plate where I can see different thicknesses of this dried solution.

the instructions said to rub with finger for 3-5 minutes but I see no change. does not dry and harden white.

I didn't realize it called for distilled water and I used bottled poland spring water.
I am thinking the PH in the water messed me up?

ideas to recover this .25g? I know I can add some water to it and recover it in suspension and use it as nasal spray, but would like to dry it down to powder again.

The water you used was fine...what exactly was your procedure for the aqueous extraction? Was it and acid Base type extraction? What did you do?

Just as described.
first I did an acetone wash. no problems there. days later I was trying to get rid of this grainyness. I would rub my nostrils and then rub my fingers and feel tiny particles of grit.

then I took .25g and put it in a 50ml beaker. stirred.
everything disappeared except maybe 50 grains of something. literally like 50 little table salt grains.
then I filtered through 102 medium qualitative filter paper onto a glass plate.
then I put it into a food dehydrator that circulated 95degree f air around the plate.
wait wait wait
then found plate dry but sticky.
you can see residue.
like if your superglue leaked a little on the desk. or kayro syrup that has dried.

tried to scrape it and it was gummy and bitter and slightly numbing.

I was expecting it to evaporate and leave white residue that I would have to scrape off the plate.

Either it isn't dry yet or you have some other impurity that causes it not to crystallize, which who knows what it could be with all the shit dumbass dealers cut with

I would try spreading it very thin and drying more with heat and even under vaccuum with heat if possible.

If it still doesn't crystallize at that point try putting in freezer for like 6 hrs

Cocaine - recrystalization

Found good success with LeJunk Acetone Wash.
Added Everclear Alcohol Recrystallization process with success.

Product still had a slight off taste which caused a little bit of sore throat. slight off taste

Did a simple H20 Recrystallization process with bottled water in hopes of getting rid of any trace of Acetone or Alcohol with success. (original product is from Source A) better but still little off taste.

The next time I just did Everclear Alcohol Recrystallization with no adverse effects. (original product from Source B)

This time I just did Everclear A. R. on a larger quantity. (original product from Source A)
1st night did .25g and had no adverse effects but very slight off taste
2nd night did .75g and had slight sore throat. I think because of the quantity used.
3rd night did one snuff and was really hit with SALTY taste.

From my reading on this forum, I believe the white powder people call Coke is chemically a salt?
However I have never tasted salt or what I perceived as salt before I started "cleaning" based on instructions on this forum.

I know that product will vary from source to source and even from shipment to shipment while staying with the same source.
I know some adulterants will not be removed by certain "cleaning" methods.
I also am sure I am not following directions for Everclear A.R. method exactly because I end up using much more Alcohol than specified.

A. does anyone have any idea about the salty taste?
B. How important is using the very small amount of everclear in ratio to product?
C. any idea why the first two uses from same final product didn't have the salty taste? Is it just because now that I have named what was a mystery taste and given it the label SALTY that is seems much more salty?
D. does Levamisole have a taste?

Product came back about 50% after Everclear A.R. so harm reduction is the point and actually happening.

Would a simple H20 Recrystallization remove the Everclear left on product? Would distilled water be the best for this?

Last question.....
Everyone has done the baking soda on the gums and then "freeze" by putting product on gums.
I read a whitepaper that said that HCL is an Ionized molecule and that in an Alkaline environment it doesn't not pick up a charge and passes through membranes easier. This seems to be backed up by the "freeze" and how much more numbing it is then without baking soda.

What would happen if you made a baking soda solution that you put in a nasal spray bottle. Do you think that would increase uptake?

Is there anyway to flavor an amount of "cleaned" product? just slightly to offset?

Any ideas?

These cleaning methods I learned here have helped so much.
1. cuts out half of the garbage that is going in
2. makes intake more than half as much since a little now goes a long way
3. once you go clean you avoid random uptake from friends because you know theirs is crappy uncleaned headache powder.
4. since cleaning is a big process, tendency is to purchase less since don't want to do it for just little purchases so you avoid those purchases.

A salt is the chemical compound formed when an acid reacts with a base and isn't to be confused with sodium chloride (ie table salt)..while sodium chloride is a salt, other salts don't share it's characteristics and taste...

Cocaine "salt" is cocaine hydrochloride and has nothing whatsoever to do with table salt in terms of taste...

Yes, and if you want to do recrystalizations, acid/base chemistry is a pretty fundamental concept. I'd look up "alkaloids" and how they are extracted from plants.

I'm concerned that your cocaine tasted salty and not like cocaine. I mean, pure cocaine should taste even more cocaine-y than the street stuff (I could only dream of what it might feel like for pure coke to hit your face--would you become so numb you can't blink? Would your eyes dry out and leave you blind? Might be worth it).

Last question.....
Everyone has done the baking soda on the gums and then "freeze" by putting product on gums.
I read a whitepaper that said that HCL is an Ionized molecule and that in an Alkaline environment it doesn't not pick up a charge and passes through membranes easier. This seems to be backed up by the "freeze" and how much more numbing it is then without baking soda.

You need to find a good Chemistry 1A textbook if you want success in this endeavor. There's just too many misconceptions in your post to tackle without charging my old tutoring rates. (which I'd have to change anyway, cause it used to be a six-pack of quality beer per session.)

I have never heard of the "freeze" thing. But if you treat your powder cocaine with an alkaline thing like baking soda, with a few steps it becomes crack cocaine. I suppose that could be happening on your gums. Crack is uncharged, and won't pass through your gums and will not numb them. Powder cocaine is charged (a salt!) and will move through your gums and cause numbing.

For now, use the cocaine as you bought it, and look into some used textbooks.

Good luck!

ok by recrystallization I mean using ethanol to put the product into liquid and then evaporating until it "recystalizes". that is all. and it seems to be working as the instructions suggest.

the Freeze is just what it is called in our area. simply putting baking soda on your gums and then putting a fingertip of product on your gums. It just intesifies it or so it seems.
Not trying to treat the product itself with an alkaline.

I have no chemistry knowledge, which is why I am asking questions.

I did find one answer: this thread really is part of a series, which you don't make clear. It's better to keep posts in a single thread. When I'm done here I'll merge the other threads with this one.

I was just guessing if the same acid/base process was happening with the Freeze. But it sounds like something else is going on if you get an intensification that feels like a freeze. I mean, if cocaine and baking soda reacted violently, wouldn't it be called Burn?

Well, they do react, with heat, to make crack, the freebase form. You'd risk some freebase coming out of solution in a baking soda cocaine nasal spray--floating like an oil on the salt and coke water. It would take a lot of tinkering and you'd get no increase in absorbance. Just comfort maybe, if you like salt water in your nose (the salt comes from the baking soda). Don't know anything about making it smell nice, I'm a stinky tweaker myself.

I know you weren't trying to batch-convert crack for resale on your gums, and didn't mean to sound rude. I'm used to the tweakers with their grand visions of "recrystallization" that always wind up including a bicycle part and a stolen baby stroller.

In reality, re-cyrstallization is so difficult, it happens every time you refill your ice cube tray and shove it back in the freezer. And you don't need to understand the heat of vaporization of R404A to do it.

Well, there is an extra step for cocaine. You do dissolve it, per Le Junk's protocol in optionally water and/or in a separate step, close-to-pure ethanol and/or dry acetone. Hopefully, you included a filter for any crap that didn't dissolve. With cocaine purity allegedly never better than 50% I'd be kind of scared to see the different fractions you filter out.

So, the problem is that even if you successfully perform all those steps, there's plenty of stuff out there that is also soluble in water, ethanol but not acetone, that stayed behind with your product. So much so that we can't discuss the possible cuts at Bluelight per policy.

THere's no need to do a water step after the ethanol step, because Everclear is food-grade, "non-toxic", and evaporates faster on its own. But it wouldn't hurt anything either.

And levamisole also falls under discussion of cutting agents in this context (how does it taste, etc), which is forbidden. I could look deeper into it, but I know there's a lot on site already about getting that out.

OK, my hand is tired, hopefully something in there helps.