• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

20th Anniversary Happy 20th Anniversary, Baby!

Happy 20th Birthday Bluelight!

Did you know
We started life as the MDMA Clearinghouse, running off the back of a server for a business called Bluelight? That's how we got our name, for those that were unaware.​

Did you know
We ran ubb threads on that old MDMA Clearinghouse, but made the jump to vBulletin and rebranded our site as Bluelight.nl when we relaunched in those early days?​

Here's something
Most don't know that the site, as we know it today, first properly came alive in October of 1999. Specifically, if you go to the 'Member' pull down up top and select the OG Accounts option from the left side, you can see who joined starting earliest to most recent. There are a few oddities, but you'll see the wave of registrations began October 21, 1999. That was the day the site was opened up, and the internet was changed forever...​

With this in mind, we'd like to do something special for our 20th Anniversary. The staff are checking into a few ideas, but more minds makes better ideas, more hands make quicker work.

So, what thoughts might y'all have, our dearly beloved members? What things should we do to properly celebrate this historic milestone for our forum? Chuck them at us, no matter how outrageous or unrealistic, and we'll eventually get some do-able ones ;)

I will say
To my knowledge, we've only ever used the software's email blast once, in around 2007, when we had to reset everyone's passwords. So we are looking at sending a message out to ALL accounts leading up to this special date. Obviously, many will be defunct or abandoned, but we're hoping some are still active and that we can bring back a few of our OG members for the occasion.​

We should also
Have a steady build up via our FB and twitter accounts - though this requires some brainstorming on what to send out on social media that builds up to this. I'll be honest, the other item I'd like to look into is a proper dark theme for the site. It would give us a sweet alternative to the standard blues, which we know not everyone likes, and being dark can kinda lend itself to Halloween shortly thereafter, right?!​

But those are just a few of our ideas....what you got, our amazing members from all across the world??

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are most of us i AUS from? I feel its Melbourne, I'm fairly regular there so I'd ly down for party or whatever, I'd fly down even if it was just me actually.

Incredible milestone! The internet, drug availability, and drug culture have changed a lot in that time. 1999 wasn't exactly the high point of the War on Drugs in America but it was near the peak, and I think most people (even drug users) asked at the time would not have said we'd be seeing legal marijuana stores (and even the potential of state-run ABC stores like PA is considering) and getting close to safe injection sites in the United States in 20 years.

Incredible milestone! The internet, drug availability, and drug culture have changed a lot in that time. 1999 wasn't exactly the high point of the War on Drugs in America but it was near the peak, and I think most people (even drug users) asked at the time would not have said we'd be seeing legal marijuana stores (and even the potential of state-run ABC stores like PA is considering) and getting close to safe injection sites in the United States in 20 years.
Damn you name is familiar,,