Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Hamilton’s Pharmacopeia got canceled

I dont know what this show is but its not surprising a TV show a out synthesising drugs is cancelled, its illicit and all, a bit harder to find a chemist who makes psychedelics but learning this type of thing is better in person.

Im assuming viewers would want to try this at home, yeah?

Long ago I lived in a house in Melbourne, had quite the set up next door.

Its all demolished now but yeah, not a good idea for just any schmuck do it.

Im assuming viewers would want to try this at home, yeah?
Ya think? Nah. Never. 🤣

Suppose I'm not really in a position to comment here given that I've not watched any of these new episodes (let alone the old episodes barring one). But if they're anything like the Vice stuff on the topic of Cocaine: at best it's like reading a declassified document that's been heavily redacted and is of use to no bugger (more like a broad stroke overview type thing with the particulars and intricacies missing) (sometimes peppered with a little bit of theatrics here and there). To be fair though: it's not just Vice I suppose.

I'm not 100% sure what you're saying but I'm taking a guess you want to know what I'm on about? 🤣

I sent him a message two days ago via his website asking if he'd be willing to help our fellow forums members out here (with an opinion or a contribution toward their investigations) in their quest to find out what's wrong with today's MDMA. And he's not responded. So. Karma! 🤣
He's made his thoughts on the topic abundantly clear. He's not going to take dictation from some guy on the internet wishing him 'bad karma' for not prioritising bullshit.

He's made his thoughts on the topic abundantly clear. He's not going to take dictation from some guy wishing him 'bad karma' for not replying to some bullshit in a timely enough manner.
He has? Didn't realize.

For the record: nobody is/was wishing him bad karma at all. It was a joke. When I use "🤣" that means it's a joke and some lighthearted fun. Not a stab at anyone nor making fun of them nor being happy about whatever their demise may or may not be.

As for replying to "some bullshit": it was a serious request sent anonymously that's all. Suggest you take a look at the 2 x "What's wrong with the MDMA..." threads and read my request sent to him in context. I was only trying to help. I don't even use the shit.

But hey: if this is too much bad press feel free to delete my posts on this thread and the said MDMA threads. Like I said: I don't even use the shit (or anything else for that matter).

You want me to apologize? Sure. No offense was meant at all. And sorry to hear about the show. Just figured that maybe somebody with his experience and knowledge would be able to shed some light on the problem or had maybe heard of the same, or similar, anomaly as detailed on said MDMA threads.

My efforts mainly in the interest of harm reduction so do bear that in mind (although I too would like to know, from a pharmacological point of view, what the problem is, if indeed there is a problem). As I understand things: there's possibly "who knows what" in the stuff and it's possibly not being picked up by laboratory analysis.

Last edited:
This really pisses me off...

I'm a huge fan of him and his show. I haven't really watched s3 because I cancelled Hulu... And I was eagerly waiting an episode on LSD... Which apparently sucks?

Double oof 😣

This really pisses me off...

I'm a huge fan of him and his show. I haven't really watched s3 because I cancelled Hulu... And I was eagerly waiting an episode on LSD... Which apparently sucks?

Double oof 😣
I actually quite enjoyed it! Maybe a bit weak for a season finale but overall a solid episode.

New episode of Hamilton on Joe Rogan podcast just came out, listening to it now!

wow I believe they are discussing the reddit post I made criticizing Dr. Carl Hart a month or so ago... it was on the front page of joe rogan's subreddit for awhile

crazy man joe talkin about my post!!!

wow I believe they are discussing the reddit post I made criticizing Dr. Carl Hart a month or so ago... it was on the front page of joe rogan's subreddit for awhile

crazy man joe talkin about my post!!!
I wasn't mentioned by any chance? 🤣 🤣 🤣

He mention on JRE he's not doing the show so he can work at Philly University as a chemist researcher

Aww, I loved the show.

as for why no LSD synthesis was shown, it's probably too difficult to source the precursor ergot alkaloids these days. Also, I think to get the best yields, red light must be used to protect the product from photodegradation.

the actual synthesis of LSD is not terribly hard, TiHKAL has a workable synthesis of LSD.

Shulgin notes:
There are many synthetic methods developed and reported for the preparation of LSD. All of them start with lysergic acid, and for that reason it has been listed as a Schedule III controlled drug, as a depressant, under Federal law. [...] The earliest syntheses of LSD involved the used of an azide intermediate (the original Hofmann process, 1955), mixed anhydrides with trifluoroacetic anhydride (1956) or sulfuric anhydride (SO3-DMF on the lithium salt, 1959), with the peptide condensation agent N,N'-carbonyldiimidazole (1960), or with the acid chloride as the active intermediate with POCl3, PCl5 or thionyl chloride (1963) or just phosphorus oxychloride (1973). Most methods are faulted due to excessive moisture sensitivity, generation of side-products, or epimerization or inversion at the 8-position carbon to form d-iso-LSD. The POCl3 procedure is clean and fast, and is the preferred process today for the synthesis of a wide variety of substituted lysergamides.

Casey Hardison used a peptide coupling reagent called pyBOP to couple diethylamine to lysergic acid in very good yields.

this is from an article about when is it time to stop milking the toad.

i didn't realize that there were toad farms breaking out in the rocky's and shit.

whaaat ! #

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO “MILK THE FROG” FOR PSYCHEDELIC TOAD MILK?

“DMT Milking” refers to the method of extracting 5-MeO-DMT from the Bufo―meaning “toad” in Latin. 5-Methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine (5-MeO-DMT) is a psychoactive indolealkylamine that naturally occurs in the toad’s venom.

While there are many different types of toads, only one that produce 5-MeO-DMT. Bufo alvarius (Colorado River Toads) are found in the Sonoran Desert and some U.S. states like Colorado, Florida, and Texas.

I’d say my respect for Hamilton grew considerably when I saw the episode where he went to the Toad/5-Meo conference and tried to talk people away from natural secretions and on to synthetic product.

I wanted to vomit watching the reactions of this supposedly “enlightened” crowd as they all almost visually were disgusted with the idea of it. It’s not “natural” or whatever dumb reason they’ve accepted as fact.

Instead they’d rather toads suffer so they can take a trip to enlightenment town every weekend before hitting up the yoga studio and grabbing an iced latte.

So many new age psychedelic users frustrate me beyond words. It’s why I can’t hang over in most psychedelic subreddits, full of these super enlightened individuals that are probably trustafarians.

I actually was planning to move to CO back 4-5yrs ago. My friends were moving there and it sounded cool. So I took a few trips out there to visit.

My first time I went to this music festival to get the vibes of the people. I was shunned and made to feel an outsider by so many there cuz I didn’t dress like a wook, or talk froofy BS.

At one point I even experimented a bit, I changed up my language when talking to one couple. I began trying to say things more like a new Ager would and all the sudden they seemed to really be clicking with what I was saying... Whereas before I was getting crickets. So damn frustrating.

Then checkingvout Denver I fully realized this isn’t a Mecca for spirituality, it’s a place for elitism.

-GC

I’d like to add one more thing..

I myself had a Toad once. I bought him at 18 with the intention of milking him for money then didn’t care for him at all. When I found him dried up and dead I damn near cried from knowing I’d just senselessly tortured him for no reason other than to get high.

I had only one batch of venom I collected from him. When I went to go retrieve it one day I opened the bundle and it had all disappeared without a trace. No idea what happened.

I concluded the spirit of the Toad felt I wasn’t worthy and took the medicine back. To this day my heart still hurts for that Toad, and I vowed never to use Bufo Toad Venom again.

-GC