• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Hallucinogenic aminorex analogs

FormerBeagle

Bluelighter
I'm curious if anyone has information about compounds being synthesized or tested that are aminorex analogs with phenyl substituent patterns typical of phenethylamine hallucinogens. For instance the attached compound 5-(4-Bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-4-methyl-4,5-dihydro-1,3-oxazol-2-ylamine looks easily synthetically accessible from commercial starting materials with minimal work. Has anything like this appeared on the RC market or otherwise been tested?
DOB-aminorex hybrid.jpg

Last edited:
I was under the impression that methylenedioxy-aminorex was known and was just another stimulant, not like MDMA... doesn;t bode well for the "DOx-aminorex" class IMHO, but this would still be worth exploring.

I have no idea of the human pharmacology, but the methylenedioxy analog was synthesized and tested for dopamine and serotonin release in this paper. Date in table 1 of that reference might indicate that "MD-aminorex" is more of a stimulant than an MDMA-type compound. So you might be correct about lack of hallucinogenic activity in the DOB analog. If anyone has more info on either of these subjects I'd love to know more.