• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Hallucinations from Propylhexedrine

helsabot

Greenlighter
At present, SWIM is experiencing hallucinations after the consumption of one Benzedrex inhaler, dissolved in orange juice, etc. This was approx. 7PM PT.

It is now 1:24 AM and after enjoying the initial rush and speedy feel, SWIM began to experience marked sensory disturbances, which i will list here:

- wavy visuals, mainly on straight lines
- color shift (whites glowing to olive green)
- thoughts becoming nearly audible
- distortion of sounds (imposition of imagination on droning noises, hearing a song in white noise)
- visible, extraordinarily realistic insects, silver, about the size of fruitflies which cause SWIM to dodge them on occasion or swat at them.
- "rain" coming from the ceiling

My question to you all is, is this a manifestation of amphetamine psychosis, a temporary psychosis caused by repeated past use of amphetamines,* or a direct symptom of the substance itself.

*SWIM's amphetamine experience has included vyvanse, all in the last few weeks, including a period of wakefulness lasting 36 hours; this is the second time using propylhexedrine, the first being the 16th of Apr.

Thank you for the input. The person who wrote this, SWIM, was feeling effects from the substance at the time, my apologies for any errors in logic/spelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think SWIY is gonna be like that FOREVER..
JK
Take a benzo, chill out, and lay off the stims for a lil bit.

Stimulants can cause hallucinations separate of psychosis. If it's bugging you out, you just need to chill and sleep.

In my experience, a psychosis is a lot worse and you have trouble telling reality from what the drug/your mind is making you see.

Also, we don't SWIM here. Pool's closed due to AIDS.

I've noticed unique visuals from propylhexedrine, but unfortunately, there's insufficient study to really determine how they come about. For me, they're quite mild, resembling cannabinoid or dissociative visuals (faint patterning, not particularly colorful or pretty. . .). You're really far prior to the point of sleep deprivation and dosage where we'd expect to see psychosis, so I'd just try to relax, and yeah, take a benzo and go to sleep.

Also:
1. SWIM stands for "someone who is me"; we don't go SWIMming around here. ;)
2. Propylhexedrine is not an amphetamine.

ebola

sleep deprivation, it is a stimulant
butif you take other drugs regularly, then you have other substances mixted with it and it can cause synergy between them

Today I ate 2 benzedrex cottons and now I am hallucinating like the op described. I felt great from the propylhexedrine all day and I still do but these hallucinations are so real they have me second guessing myself every time I see one. A few minutes ago when I was out of my porch smoking a cigarette I looked at the porch and long blue tentacles grew out of the porch and came to grab me. I obviously knew they weren't real, but, I thought if I turned my head away or closed my eyes then looked back the hallucination would be gone and to my surprise they were still there. The only thing that made them go away is when I went up to touch them then they would disappear but as soon as I walked away they would be back again.

Another hallucination I had while out of the porch is even crazier. It was still dark out when I was outside on the porch and I looked at the porch and I saw a reflection and in the reflection on the porch was the truck I drive at work.... and get this, in the reflection it was bright in sunny out with my work truck traveling by. I couldn't believe my eyes. At first I thought there might be water on the porch and that was causing the reflection but I went up to where I saw the reflection and there was no water, no reflection, nothing! It disappeared.

Anyway, I just wanted to document this case of hallucinations that I got so others can be more careful and know what to expect. I've done propylhexedrine maybe 5 times before this and never experienced hallucinations like this before that. I'm not really complaining though, I'm still speeding and now I got some cool visuals as well.

Oh and just so everyone knows the amount I took.... I took 2 inhalers today about 5 hours apart.

- wavy visuals, mainly on straight lines
- color shift (whites glowing to olive green)
- thoughts becoming nearly audible
- distortion of sounds (imposition of imagination on droning noises, hearing a song in white noise)
- visible, extraordinarily realistic insects, silver, about the size of fruitflies which cause SWIM to dodge them on occasion or swat at them.
- "rain" coming from the ceiling

I'm also experiencing every one of these side effects that the op mentioned.

That's so weird... I've taken Propylhexadrine extracted in Lemon Juice many times without experiencing anything close to what you guys are talking about. I did feel that propylhexadrine has slightly more empathogen-like effects to it relative to regular Dextroamphetamine, but I never had any type of visual hallucinations or patterning. I'm kind of inclined to believe that this may be the result of accumulated past stimulant abuse??? I do remember two years ago, I was in real bad shape from abusing so many stimulants, and it got to the point where I could even go a few weeks without taking anything, but the second I consumed even 10mg of Adderall I would begin to have vivid audio and visual hallucinations. It was really disturbing and I was scared that I had done some type of permanent damage, but luckily, five months without touching a single CNS stimulant seemed to do the trick, and I no longer have such problems.

I know this is an old thread, but there's something very slightly trippy about Benzedrex. I've heard other people say this as well. It can feel similar to adderall at times, but I have also experienced a vaguely "trippy" sort of amphetamine-like feeling from it that I don't necessarily think one could get from adderall. Last night, as I was coming down from Benzedrex, not sleep deprived or anything, things started getting a weird "texture" to them. I don't know how to describe it exactly. It wasn't any sort of "psychosis", more like very mild serotogenic-esque visuals. It was different though, like my smooth door looked like it had this weird "texture" to it when really it was smooth. It was kind of like I was "tripping" very slightly almost. I had no delusions or anything like that from it, as I was well-rested, so it wasn't stim psychosis. I actually had gotten a good 8+ hours of sleep the day before I did it, and I had the visuals at around 1 AM. So, sleep deprivation and/or stimulant psychosis wasn't a factor. Just a very brief and very mild period of classical psychedelic type visuals on an extremely low level. Yet overall, the high from it mostly just felt like adderall this time. Other times I took it, I've gotten this really powerful euphoria that exceeds anything I have ever experienced on adderall by a long shot. Almost similar to the type of euphoria that one might get while tripping or on some sort of empathogen. Really intense and amazing. All of my experiences with it were with one cotton (e.g. 250 milligrams). I've never exceeded that dosage. I find it a very interesting substance for sure. The other times I never really got visuals per say, but I have entered a very mild and vaguely "trippy" mindset prior to this while on it. In a way, it almost feels like amphetamines with an added and incredibly mild psychedelic component (e.g. mild enough that for me it's never caused any crazy visuals or real psychedelic effects, just a very subtle mental shift that can't exactly be described). I'll definitely be doing this drug again for sure, although I did experience a bit of a "crash" today after having done it yesterday. But it wasn't *that bad*......... but admittedly I did feel pretty bad today. Just not bad enough to stop me from experimenting with this stuff again because I find the high quite enjoyable and interesting.