• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Half-Life: Alyx

Valve just manages steam now they don't give a shit about making art. I mean I don't really blame them they created a money tree.

You did it on purpose, how can you make such statements? Half-Life and Silent Hill are the best games ever made. Both pioneered the gaming industry.

Akira Yamaoka.

You did it on purpose, how can you make such statements? Half-Life and Silent Hill are the best games ever made. Both pioneered the gaming industry.

Akira Yamaoka.

Oh I love Akira Yamaoka's tracks. Apparently Sony is trying to get the rights to Silent Hill from konami which would be awesome.

Yeah I dont mean to shit on valve but to me they just seem like they're interested in managing their successful distribution service and having acquired indie satellite -studios make stuff like DoTa.

And now they do VR games too I guess. I mean good on them for following up on HL at all.

Just saying they haven't done a proper release of their own since portal 2 in 2011, and now if I wanna play the new game I gotta buy a 100 dollar pair of goggles that induce nausea.

Am not really psyched about the advent of VR, it feels really gimmicky to me still. Then again I'm a cranky "grandpa" who pretty much loathes the modern video game industry and rarely if ever games anymore after years of burnout and fading interest with this particular variety of electronic media lol.

Last edited: