• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin had to resort to snorting cuz i could'nt IV

WasteLand Warrior

Bluelighter
so i'm a bonafide full blown junkie!! i have been doing heroin for 11 yrs n started shooting after the first couple time i did it. i'm a total loner junkie who hides it from everyone or at least i like to think i do! i live in cleveland ohio and we get good shit out here at least i do n its not hard to afford a habit when a half a g is "we do not allow price discussion!" well anyway like i said i don't hang out with any other heroin addicts and for some reason i have a hell of a time getting syringes its waaaaayyyyy harder for me to get needles than the heroin!! anyway my last point broke on me yesterday n the feeling of dread ran over me so here i am sitting here with a half a g of some fire dope n no needle so i broke out a quarter gram line n snorted because of obviously being sick. so im definately not sick now but its not the same as shooting up do you think if i snort the whole half ill get high and nod or will it b a waste and just keep me from getting sick? also what about plugging it will that get me high if im used to shooting up? thanks for the input

Last edited by a moderator:
Not trying to encourage IV--plugging would be a much better choice, only slightly lower bioavailability and much less harmful to the body--but if it matters that much to you, you can just walk into a pharmacy and buy a 10-pack of insulin syringes for a few bucks.

Also, just FYI, pricing isn't allowed on BL, so you should probably edit your post to remove it.

Why cant u just buy needles in the pharmacy? Here in jersey all u need is a drivers lisence to buy a pack in any cvs or rite aid. I get no questions asked aside from some dirty looks

Its easier then you think ,
Just go into like walmart and grab one of those diabetic silver wrist chains , (it has the diabetic symbol on it) and check out in the front of the store, walk out to your car n put that wrist chain on . Now walk into walmart and this time pick up some diabetic testing strips, and walk to the pharmacy , when they ask if thats all tell them No, (make sure the pharmacist/tech can visually see your bracelet, and the test strips) tell them that you would like 'a box of 30gauge, 1cc insulin syringes, if they ask if you want the shorts or longs,tell them which ones).

If they need a script tell them that you haven't been able to take your insulin all morning,(yea make sure its in the morning when u do this), tell them that you don't have the time for this shit, repeat the cashiers name aloud,and act like you are typing their name into your phone, then thats when you tell them that, not 'if' but 'when' you do fall out/blackout walking back to your car then you make them aware that they will personally be hearing from your attorney, an at this time you make it clear that you just texted their name to your wifes phone, and let it be known that if they send you on your way then say 'fine, its going to be your(pharmacists) fault that your about to lay out,look sick/dizzy and walk off like your about to fall out.

Hell its worked for me , not always . Usually will have points by the end of the day..

man the states suck..fuck all that noise above, just walk in and ask like a normal human being for what you want. you really think theyre not going to see through that ruse? only old people wear those bracelets.

i dont see how someone who has been shooting for over a decade doesbt know how to get pins.. what do you mean it broke?? god damn son. i guess im lucky but i rarely ever reuse pins.. only time one goes into me twice is in the case of not hitting and having to try again. . even then if i fail twice i unload and draw inti a new pin. buy them online if you have to.. they gotta have exchanges there though right? man up. . accept ypure an IDU and that its just another roa. god damb the thought of a needle breaking sends shudders down my spine.

That does suck man, i have probably put it up my nose maybe twice in the past 10 years due to not having a rig. But like others have said you should be able to go to pharmacy and buy a 10-pack for just a few bucks. Here in Wisconsin they just make you fill out a little registery thing asking for name address and reason for use which "insulin" is the answer you would want to give. Also there has gotta be some needle exchanges somewhere in Clevland, there is plenty out here. Go online check to see if there is some near you. Otherwise i know you can order a box of a 100 online for really cheap too. Ive never ordered rigs online but im sure its pretty easy. As far as doin the rest i dont know in my opinion it probably would be a waste no matter how good it is. The few cases where i had to resort to snorting i was greatly dissapointed. Basically if i was deathly ill and had no way of getting a rig, i would sniff as little as possible to not feel sick, and save the rest for when i can get a rig.

I done both tbh it's almost like two different highs in my opinion.

I have a question for IV users of H (for the record, I am not knowledgeable on the subject, never used it), I always assumed that if it was just me using the needle, I could use it for a little while before having to get a new one. I mean, it won't be infected or anything. Does it dull that quickly? I just always thought they were reused numerous times unless it came from someone else or was shared after you used it. Sorry, if this sounds naive. I really don't know. Thanks!

It dulls extremely quickly (like after 2-3 uses) but you can still use it even with a dull point, it's just harder on your veins.

Thing is, after being an addict for a couple of years finding a vein was so difficult that I could have a shiny new needle and still have to poke myself 15-20 times before I'd actually find a vein thus rendering the needle as dull as a used one.

I used to use my needles until they broke, which was often 100 or more times.

It dulls extremely quickly (like after 2-3 uses) but you can still use it even with a dull point, it's just harder on your veins.

Thing is, after being an addict for a couple of years finding a vein was so difficult that I could have a shiny new needle and still have to poke myself 15-20 times before I'd actually find a vein thus rendering the needle as dull as a used one.

I used to use my needles until they broke, which was often 100 or more times.

I see. I suppose my assumption was more on the line of "I used to use my needles until they broke, which was often 100 or more times." However I now understand that with worn out veins it might be hard sometimes even with a new needle, let alone a totally used on. Got it, Thanks BO!

I have a question for IV users of H (for the record, I am not knowledgeable on the subject, never used it), I always assumed that if it was just me using the needle, I could use it for a little while before having to get a new one. I mean, it won't be infected or anything. Does it dull that quickly? I just always thought they were reused numerous times unless it came from someone else or was shared after you used it. Sorry, if this sounds naive. I really don't know. Thanks!

Reusing your own needles can lead to needing your heart valves replaced due to bacteria from your own blood dried or not causing what looks like kelp swaying in the ocean current growing in your heart, in the medical profession they are often referred to as "veges". Try to refrain from reusing your own rigs.

Reusing your own needles can lead to needing your heart valves replaced due to bacteria from your own blood dried or not causing what looks like kelp swaying in the ocean current growing in your heart, in the medical profession they are often referred to as "veges". Try to refrain from reusing your own rigs.

Ugh that makes me shudder.. is that true?? I've reused needles dozens of times and although I cleaned them thoroughly there was undoubtedly some shit left in them.

If you do find yourself having to reuse needles bleaching them (and obviously rinsing with water after) can help reduce chance of infection. Also, right after I hit I rinse the pin with water to prevent dried blood from getting stuck in it- not sure if it reduces chance of infection but once dried it seems hard to get out. I do reuse my own as exchanges aren't that easily accessable and some pharmacies have really jacked up the price.

But in my state I did recently discover my medicaid card pays for syringes- even though I don't have diabetes! So hopefully I will reuse less in the future.

If you do find yourself having to reuse needles bleaching them (and obviously rinsing with water after) can help reduce chance of infection. Also, right after I hit I rinse the pin with water to prevent dried blood from getting stuck in it- not sure if it reduces chance of infection but once dried it seems hard to get out. I do reuse my own as exchanges aren't that easily accessable and some pharmacies have really jacked up the price.

But in my state I did recently discover my medicaid card pays for syringes- even though I don't have diabetes! So hopefully I will reuse less in the future.

You're welcome, sadly I knew all that and did it anyway (re-using my own). If you have a pressure cooker you can "auto clave" your picks for I think 30-40mins at 15psi which will kill everything nasty. It won't sharpen the needle though. There's a warning sign at the needle exchanges in Australia that features a series of 6 photos that show the needle under a microscope and the damage that the needle goes through after each use. By the sixth image the needle has all manner of barbs and fishhooks running the length of it, but looks perfectly normal to the naked eye.

I'm sure its the reuse of needles and bad technique along with a nasty habit that has peoples arms look like scarred road maps (obvious track marks) cos I have shot up 1000's (probably 10's of thousands) of times and did not rotate my shot sites anywhere near enough times and only I can tell that the elbow crook vein on my left arm (ol' faithful) is a little scarred. The vein is good too cos with bad health over the last couple of years saw me have damn near 100 blood tests and they aren't using a 29 gauge, more like a 12 gauge conduit!

Cleaning them straight after use does help but it's not 100%. Using bleach and hot water etc, all those things do help and should be done if you are going to need to do it but as I've said it's far from 100%.

I've had multiple echo cardiograms on my heart over the years just to check and I'm apparently all clear. If you are having blood pressure issues, fatigue in excess and you were or are a needle user it would be an excellent idea to have a check up on your heart.

Ugh that makes me shudder.. is that true?? I've reused needles dozens of times and although I cleaned them thoroughly there was undoubtedly some shit left in them.

It's most certainly true. My wife is a Clinical Nurse on a cardio-thoracic (heart/lungs) ward at a premier hospital for specifically heart and lung issues and surgeries and she has seen it countless times in IV users. They use valves from pig hearts as replacements and is quite a routine surgery. There are most certainly a myriad of ways other than IV use that can cause this issue.

All you guys saying "Just go to the pharmacy" or "just go to X store", it may be that easy in your state or area, but it's not like that everywhere. Most pharmacies around here will not sell them. I think it's up to the individual pharmacy, but I'm not positive. There used to be one pharmacy in my town that sold them, but they no longer do. I have to drive to the city to get them. I also have to drive to the same city to get dope, so it's not that much of a pain, except if I just want a new rig and don't want to drive 30-40 min round trip to get it.