• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids had surgery now drs cut me off

ccmlaws

Greenlighter
About 6 years ago I had a car wreck that completely shattered my arm I had to have for metal plates and 8 pins put in it Well I had them removed on June 20th And the docter gave me hydro fives Not much I know But coming up was 7 weeks later It's still completely swollen Bruised And hurt so badd I can't pick up my 18 month old daughter I have an appointment with him tomorrow But when I call for a refill He told me he can't give me any more narcotics and 2 alternate ibuprofen and tylenol Any ideas on how to get him to take my pain seriously to give me something that will actually help thank you

Naproxen or other NSAIDs are best for inflammatory pain.

Most doctors are very hesitant to prescribe opioids of any sort except for acute pain. There's no magical way to "convince" them to give you opioids as you'll probably get labeled a drug seeker if you push too hard.

This war on drugs is especially brutal for people who need legitimate pain relief like yourself. It's fucked up that the doctors are so scared of the DEA that they won't even prescribe pain meds to people who've shattered bones and such.

^ agree
I’ve seen more and more oral surgical offices with signs proclaiming they not longer prescribe opioids and instead offer ‘natural remedies’. What a joke.

I used to live in Naptown and it was very easy for me to get kratom. I'm surprised you can't find any pain killers there. And yeah the docs up there SUCK. They cut me off my 2mg a day alprazolam as soon as i saw my new GP when i moved there. Horrible state to live in if you need ANY narcotics. I have advice about kratom if you want to PM me.

I will always suggest Ketamine for pain. It has worked wonders for many people. It is given in a hospital setting.

Dude I feel you bro. It's so fucked up that doctors are afraid to prescribe narcotics for people with actual debilitating pain. I imagine its especially bad in states like Indiana where they still lock you up for weed lol.

Anyways, I was in a bad car wreck also a year ago which aggravated a back injury from 4 years ago. I have 2 herniated discs, at l5 s1, spondylosis with shooting and burning pain down my legs. Right now I barely got my primary doctor to give 7 percocet a week (5-325), and he's constantly telling me he wants to taper me off. The only reason he gave in was because I basically told him, if he didn't do something for my pain then I was going to put a gun to my head. I also cant take NSAIDs due to stage 2 kidney disease, so I am an exceptional case. Honestly without the oxy I get from a friend, I really don't know what I would've done all these years. I'm having a spinal fusion surgery in October so hopefully after the rehab I can just be 50 % to where I was before the back problems.

As far as getting the narcotics in this era, you're pretty much shit out of luck unless you get an old school caring and compassionate PM doc, but I'm not sure those still exist. Gl and really hope you find the treatment you need.

Cmm, do you have a family doctor that you've gone to for awhile? Whenever something like this happened to me my family doctor would give me 40 percocets to help me. It doesn't hurt to try. Or go back to the hospital and tell them you can't handle the pain. They may give you a week of medicine to help you. Don't just suffer, do something about it. Or at least try, you know?

Why dont you just buy some kratom online. Will probably work better than hydro.

This right here ^^ I got off heroin and hydrocodone with this. It actually works BETTER then hydrocodone for pain. I have 4 herniated discs and sacroiliitis in both of my SI joints and have had no problem with using kratom. It works great! I bought a kilo (2.2 pounds) and it has lasted me a LONG time. A lot longer then a prescription will last you I guarantee it and I take it 3-4 times a day. It literally changed my life (and saved it too, with the path I was taking...using heroin). Good luck!

Why dont you just buy some kratom online. Will probably work better than hydro.

not even in the same league as hydro. sorry. kratom has a ceiling too, hydros ceiling is the same ceiling as heroin.

To OP:

try hitting different doctors. Hit the oldest doctors you can find (80 yrs old+) and primary care (not pain Drs). I'm sharing my secret to success that has worked for years in different states and doctors, you're welcome.

hit doctors in nice/rich neighborhoods, not in junkie neighborhoods. tell them you work near there if your address isn't exactly close and they happen to ask. Bring a file with your medical records of your injury from other doctors, MRIs etc (as long as those other doctors didn't accuse you of being a junky)

Dress professionally like you work at a corporate office, speak properly/articulately. Don't directly ask for opioids, just keep saying you are in so much pain you cant sleep, you can't work, you cry every night, cry in front of him. anytime they try to give you some shitty non opioid medicine say that it gives you bad *insert a listed side effect of that drug here* --this takes studying to know all the side effects of non opioid drugs used for pain, ie lyrica, SSRIs, etc.

if you are 30ish or under, have your parent with you if possible that is supportive of you getting opioids.

if all that fails just go to a suboxone dr and lie saying you are a heroin or pill addict (have dirty piss). suboxone will work if your pain is in the 1-7 out of 10 in strength.

these are the things i've done to save my jobs, careers and frankly save my own damn life from killing myself from pain.

Last edited: