• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Had precipitated withdrawal for the first time yesterday, when can I redose sub if I took oxy while on sub?

ronniexmex69

Greenlighter
Hey guys as the title says, I took a 4mg sub too early yesterday and was thrown into PW for the first time. It got pretty bad so I railed 150mg of oxy. The oxy didn’t do much, mostly was a help mentally, but now I’m 16 hours post last use of oxy (26 hours post sub). I guess my question is: do I still have to wait the 24 hour period if I used oxy while on sub, or does the sub cancel it all out?

Chances are you are through the hard part. More sub should not really cause anymore PWD, it could very slightly cause you did that 150 mg but it’s not likely.

I would just take a small amount of sub and hope for the best, maybe 2 mg when you need it

You can keep taking subs now.

It probably blocked most of not all of that oxy. You have already been pulled into withdrawal and need to pull yourself back out using subs.

EDIT: Yeah, you should be inducing with .5mg every 2 hours or so. Take a small piece and wait. Take another small piece and wait, etc.

Yeah so I didn't see the .5mg every two hours suggestion until after I took a 2mg sub. Seem to be OK, not immediately terrible just a little anxious that PWD will happen again. I think I'm in the clear, but I really wasn't feeling all that bad before the sub, except I had extreme cravings so that's why I took the sub.

EDIT: Almost 1 hour in and feeling a little anxious

Last edited:
You can keep taking subs now.

It probably blocked most of not all of that oxy. You have already been pulled into withdrawal and need to pull yourself back out using subs.

EDIT: Yeah, you should be inducing with .5mg every 2 hours or so. Take a small piece and wait. Take another small piece and wait, etc.
When you say blocked the Oxy, does that mean it just blocked the acute effects (getting "high")? Meaning, can I still develop an oxy tolerance while on subs? My general thinking is the first day getting clean is always the hardest for me, did doing the oxy yesterday affect my withdrawal at all, or because it was blocked, was it pretty much neutered?

Correct. When subs are in you, taking oxy on top won't even touch the receptors. I would imagine huge doses of a full agonist might touch the receptors a tad. Especially when the subs aren't built up yet.

When you railed that oxy, you would of normally gotten well, right?

Since you already took subs today, how do you feel? Unless you are in horrid withdrawal, I would wait as long as possible before taking more.

Inducing onto subs is very tricky. And being subs are only a partial, they only do so much. Taking too much of that stuff makes me feel like shit regardless. I find very small doses (1-2mg) the best. Took 6mg last Monday for the hell of it and while I felt opiates, my blood pressure went to shit.

Just take it very slow and easy. You only goal is to stay away from the oxy and make it so you are not going through horrible withdrawal.

After a few days have passed and you are fully induced onto the subs, you should be feeling pretty good. Well sober, and that alone can take a bit to get used to.

Good luck, keep us updated.

Correct. When subs are in you, taking oxy on top won't even touch the receptors. I would imagine huge doses of a full agonist might touch the receptors a tad. Especially when the subs aren't built up yet.

When you railed that oxy, you would of normally gotten well, right?

Since you already took subs today, how do you feel? Unless you are in horrid withdrawal, I would wait as long as possible before taking more.

Inducing onto subs is very tricky. And being subs are only a partial, they only do so much. Taking too much of that stuff makes me feel like shit regardless. I find very small doses (1-2mg) the best. Took 6mg last Monday for the hell of it and while I felt opiates, my blood pressure went to shit.

Just take it very slow and easy. You only goal is to stay away from the oxy and make it so you are not going through horrible withdrawal.

After a few days have passed and you are fully induced onto the subs, you should be feeling pretty good. Well sober, and that alone can take a bit to get used to.

Good luck, keep us updated.

Thanks a lot for the encouragement. I guess my thought process was: try a rapid detox at home and get off of the subs by the end of the week. 4mg yesterday, 2mg today, 1mg, 1mg, wait a few days, then start naltrexone. That's the plan anyway, my withdrawal seems to be at bay right now, and the 2mg sub is making me feel "normal" instead of being in bad withdrawal, so thats cool. My symptoms were not very severe when I took the 2mg sub, but figured I'd do it anyway today, see how I feel in the morning. If I feel completely fine, I'll stop the subs.

Glad to hear a lot of the oxy was blocked. Yeah, I mean it made me feel a little better but I think that was just in my head. I think it was more of the process of getting everything, racking up a line, etc. that got me to feel better. I was having mild withdrawal symptoms last night (hard to keep liquids and food down, woke up in middle of night in a pool of sweat, was kind of shaky, but at that point it had been 24 hours since the last sub).

Anyway, sorry to be long winded, but yeah the 2mg sub seems to be helping me today. Lets see how tomorrow goes.

EDIT: Also very happy to report that the sub has eliminated my cravings mostly.

Last edited:
Yes. It's called being high off the drugs you haven't even done yet :)

I can think of so many times I was so sick and just knowing I have dope in my pocket and will be high soon....the withdrawal almost goes away.

Or you are a little sick and the dope spot is closed, or a 30 minute wait and the withdrawal just kicks up like no other.

So much is mental.

You have the right idea. On and off. Use them to only block the horrible symptoms like dry heaving, or RLS so bad you cannot function, etc

Past 2-3 weeks I would think bupe would start to work against you. It's a pretty crappy drug anyway, outside of detox, which its a miracle imo.

Just take it day by day. Stay away from the oxy, keep taking less and less bupe. Only result for you is being clean :) ttyl

Yes. It's called being high off the drugs you haven't even done yet :)

I can think of so many times I was so sick and just knowing I have dope in my pocket and will be high soon....the withdrawal almost goes away.

Or you are a little sick and the dope spot is closed, or a 30 minute wait and the withdrawal just kicks up like no other.

So much is mental.

You have the right idea. On and off. Use them to only block the horrible symptoms like dry heaving, or RLS so bad you cannot function, etc

Past 2-3 weeks I would think bupe would start to work against you. It's a pretty crappy drug anyway, outside of detox, which its a miracle imo.

Just take it day by day. Stay away from the oxy, keep taking less and less bupe. Only result for you is being clean :) ttyl

Thanks so much.

Has bupe got the ability to displace all full agonists including potent ones like Methadone or Fentanyl? I find this very interesting!

Yes. If you take a bupe when on methadone that will most likely be the last bupe you ever take since the results will be horrible.

Same with fent.

I have read that people taking bupe constantly have better results with the fent breaking through, but having a full on fent habit and taking bupe randomly will lead to PWD.

Wow. Never heard of that one 10x stronger than fent!

That is the other thing about being on bupe. If you get hurt and need pain killers, nothing will work. Aside maybe the strongest fent or this parent fent drug.

It is complicated. But works very well when using it for detox, or if you are so sick you cannot function (so much RLS you cannot drive for example), it will give you the slightest boost.