Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Hackers Wanted

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Holy Shit- 10/10 documentary for sure.
(plz note that they could have done a TON better editing/production/etc. IMO that's irrelevant, the content carried that picture to 'perfect' in my book by every other standard/criteria imaginable)

standard "documentary" setup. many prominent folk, narrated by kevin spacey. All kinds of levels of epicness. would recommend (and enjoyed) this more than any film i've seen in quite a long time, w/o a doubt.

just google/wiki its premise, if you find that appealing i promise you there's, like, 0.001% you'll be let down.

On June 12, 2010, a director's cut version of the film was also leaked onto torrent sites.[3] This version of the film contains additional footage and is significantly different from the one previously leaked.

I'll grab this. Sounds worth checking out.

Thanks.

yeah it was quite good; would like to see an updated version to show the impacts of our more recent revolutions in security and cyber protests; not to mention how fb, twitter and all these insecure platforms came up and how they are open to exploits

what security revolutions / protests were you hoping to see mentioned?

Last edited by a moderator:
wikileaks, the emergence of anonymous, TOR, how security has changed between now and then, stuff like that; all easily found online but interesting nonetheless. Especially the protest of SOPA and other political movements that anonymous has done to groups (via DoS attacks) that don't agree with their values (whatever they are). Basically, that kind of thing.

well wikileaks took place after filmiing (actually lima was a big part of that iirc). TOR/bitcoin could have been very very cool but prolly not as relevant as other things (not that the film itself didn't have a large amount of irrelevancies..still great tho!)
..wtih their values (whatever they are)
or, if they are there/ can be there due to how it's setup, which i kind of doubt. really can't say i endorse anonymous in any way/shape/form..

yeah i'd also like to see a docu on how 'the scene' works, what their motivations are (freedom of information?) and how it all comes together. That shit is entirely unknown to me. I've never really understood the motivation of the pirates themselves, yeah back in the old days i get it but now they release every god damn tv show an hour after it airs, for what reason?

i think tor/bitcoin would be relevant in how it can be used to purchase weapons/drugs, share private info, tons of stuff related to the other things in the docu. My one critique of the documentary was the tremendous focus on lima. I read he has aspergers but what's with his sense of ethics/morality? I guess he just likes to explore and that's all he wants to do, interesting guy at least.