• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

HAAAAY!

Curbhopper

Greenlighter
So like pretty much everyone else, I've lurked here longterm (years) before posting. This site has been invaluable to me, and so I've decided to contribute and maybe my posts will one day be help someone else. If anything, this site seems like a fun and interesting place to hang out.

A little about me: I'm in my mid-30's, female, and I've tried quite a number of different drugs over the past year, some to try to deal with a debilitating and painful illness I have, others to self-treat intractable depression, and some just for fun. My go-to drug is ketamine, and I do it about once a month for several days. In the past week I've done coke, heroin, fentanyl and GHB, but I've also done a lot of psychedelics, and there are some more that I'm interested to try.

My illness makes it very hard to go out and do things but when I'm able, I advocate for refugees and asylum seekers from Central and East Africa, as I used to live there and speak Swahili. I'm also very liberal (enjoy protesting shit), stay on top of politics and current events, and read a lot of nonfiction. Basically, I'm a nerd, but I'm cool with that ;). So hey there!

Hey @Curbhopper!

Welcome officially to Bluelight!

That's a cool set of hobbies you have there - thanks for the intro. How does one advocate for refugees and asylum seekers? Do you do it from your computer now that you don't live there?

I'm sure by now you know how to navigate the site, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Hey @madness00! I mainly advocate for refugees and asylum seekers who have already come to the US, and are living here in my area (Maine). The asylum process is super complicated and it takes years to find out if you've received asylum here. I help individuals and families with filing forms for work permits and the asylum application, which is complex, and requires a ton of evidence. Most asylum seekers can not afford to hire a lawyer or find a pro bono attorney to help them, so I step in. I don't have a legal background but I've taught myself how to do it successfully.

With refugees and asylum seekers, I do a lot of mundane but important things like helping them access food, clothing, English classes, read their mail and make phone calls, get car seats for their kids and tutor English as well.

I also help people in Africa trying to escape totalitarian regimes and torture, by explaining how to flee and what to do after. I use my computer but also encrypted apps.

Hope that explains it! Thanks for your interest!

That's so bad ass!! Helping them through with encryption that's dope. And everything else, wicked commendable.

Hey, my parents have property in Brighton, ME. :)

Glad to have you.

Hey folks! Awesome to meet you! Thanks for the welcome.

@madness00, that's cool about your parents. Brighton is a bit of a hike from me--a couple of hours north. I see you're also from New England too ;)