• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

H withdrawal begins tomorrow- Chronic Pain/Need support PLEASE

ABetterWay

Bluelighter
Hello,

I apologize, I am new and am not sure where to put this thread. So I put it under "homeless" for now, I know a mod will move it. I will be talking about WD, health issues, an abusive marriage most likely, chronic pain, and am very interested in talking about supplements/nutrition to treat all of those things mentioned as well (if only good nutrition was enough for the bad marriage lol, but everything else, anyway...).

I will be withdrawing from H starting tomorrow, and am terrified of the PAIN returning, of my already naturally high anxiety, and of just getting through it. The pain, sleeplessness, and bad anxiety are my biggest fears, and obstacles. Stomach distress for me is usually down south hence the Lope lol. Luckily nausea does not seem to be much of an issue for me in WD, though sometimes I will get into a coughing fit that begins to gag me, to where I retch.

Short version: many chronic health issues that cause screaming pain. I will get into more details later, such as how much H I was using (edit: well, I guess I should say it now, right? Snorting ECP, up to 1/2 gram a day, did a bit of a taper down recently), more details about my health issues, research about auto-immune issues that interests me (as I would like to solve this riddle, not merely manage it....this is my goal, but really, just managing it successfully to have a somewhat active and normal life would be great), how my abusive marriage affects all of this (husband is an alcoholic, also a violent and abusive person), and etc etc.

For the moment however, today will likely be the last day that I will be able to leave the house and get anything else I will need. I don't have a TON of money, but I could grab a few more things.

Withdrawal is HELL for anyone. I do think that having bizarre health issues of an auto-immune nature, and terrible pain that limits my ability to do things physically, make it FAR worse to go through. My body has a hard time handling that much stress, the severe pain kicks in WAY before withdrawal starts, and my natural disposition is fairly anxious. So, withdrawal is an extra painful nightmare that I am very terrified of making it through. I really, really need support and encouragement. Thank you ahead of time.

I am looking for some suggestions on what else to go grab while I can.

No good head shops around here, and kratom won't arrive in mail in time, though I would like to try that for managing pain in the future.

So, for now, here is what I have:

Phenibut (this mainly seems to make me massively tired, especially the day after a decent dose of 1+grams. It does seem to help anxiety slightly. Hoping this will allow me some sleep....I would love to take as much of a sleep time machine into the future of no more wd as I can lol)

Potassium Gluconate, 550mg

Loperamide, about 60 count

Ibuprofen

Benadryl tablets

about 9 5-HTP caps left @ 200mg/capsule

throat spray (sometimes I gag and get badly scratchy throat during wd, I guess from snorting)

Valerian root

Milk Thistle

Weed

Antacid tablets ( I have a lot of stomach issues)

B-complex

D3

Vit E

Magnesium (though in oxide form; cannot seem to find other forms)

Any suggestions while I can still manage to go out? Tried so hard to find some benzos, but to no avail :( But, I have the Phenibut like I said.

My period is due as well so this timing is bad, as that typically causes me a lot of pain.

So, any suggestions that won't break the bank that I can get at a drug or grocery store are appreciated!

I will be using this thread to talk during my WD. I am going to need support to make it through the pain...I hope that's OK. I will get into my health issues more later. I have, short version, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and a TERRIBLE, PAINFUL AS HELL lower back...man. Crippling pain at times. Deep genetic disposition to crumbling spine, in short - my family's spines rot and cripple them at relatively young ages, this is the road I am headed down, sadly. Auto-immune issues, stomach problems (ulcer symptoms, IBS symptoms, etc), severe muscle spasms/cramps/twitches.

Thank you for reading and listening. Looking forward to hearing any suggestions. I will update this thread as I progress through the dreaded WD's.

Hope you are all well :)

Peace.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about this, but maybe a sedating anti-histamine might help? Some people I know find sleeping through the hardest part of withdrawal the only way they can deal with it.

Hi PBP-

Thanks for replying. JUST took my LAST dose!!! Here we go!!! I can do this!!!....right?? :-/

Actually, you reminded me, I have benadryl but I actually have a few scripted ah's...name escapes me. Used for anxiety as well. Tip if my tongue...lol.

I went out, got some Vit C with rose hips, some cough med that is DXM and an expectorant that thins mucus (I think bc I snort, my throat/nose/sinuses bother me during wd), more Loperamide (that stuff REALLY does help...!), and some easy things to snack on like crackers, frozen taquitos, a dark chocolate bar, and ice cream lol. I know! Not the healthiest! I need SOMEthing to look forward to, won't be too hungry anyway probably. I've got lemons to make a quick electrolyte drink (water, lemon, sea salt, sugar bc I don't have anything better like maple or agave...oops).

I'm ready! As I can be, anyway!

Please, anyone reading this, even if you don't reply, just say a prayer for me or a wish, whatever you believe in. Positive energy. I'll take it lol. Bc of my health problems, I'm just SO TERRIFIED of the pain being too much. If I could just luck out and not get hit with bad pain.days during wd, I'd be SO grateful.

I just need to be reminded that I'm STRONG. That I got this, that it's just another Monday as my dear friend J sweetly texted me. She'll be here for me. She understands. She too has health issues/pain/takes opiate painkillers.

I can.do this. I can do this. I can.do this....breathe :) Anxiety be gone!!! Lol ;)

Thanks for reading, everyone.

Take good care of yourself and others. Love each other and yourself. We all fight hard battles.

Peace.

*sorry for typos...using phone to type.

Try to think of mind over matter.. The hardest will be the wds & hopefully not pain. Though I hear u on every level!! You've so much going on, it's just about getting from one moment to the next.

Pls keep posting, it's a great way to occupy yourself when you can't rest.

Rtp ❤️

How rough are you feeling? Hopefully its not as bad as you expected it would be on day 1.keep posting to let us know how your feeling and just remember the hardest part is just for the first few days and it will get a little bit better every day after. Keep hydrated and try to watch a movie and take it easy for the next few days.

Thank you so much, everyone. I'm FREEZING and covered in sweat. Ugh, I hate this. I get so cold. Maybe I'll try to stand under the shower. My head feels so weird too. Hope I can stand under shower, pain might prevent that. I want to just lay here so bad, my bpdy is so tired, but I'm so uncomfortable. Damn pain. Never would've gone down the H road if not for pain. ... thanks for checking up on me. It's helpful and means a lot. Tears pouring out of my eyes but I'm not crying. This freezing but pouring sweat is so gross. Take care all. Peace.

Ugh. I TOLD my dude i was kicking. He just texted me he's coming to my area. Effer. Leave me alone and don't tempt me lol. I already swallowed 2-50mg tramadols I FOUND OUTSIDE lol...bad shape, crumbling, weak and won't do anythimg. Regretting swallowing them. Just wanna get this over with. Honestly they were pretty deteriorated anyway. Swallowed a bunch of Lope. I'm just soooooo cold. My dog is pouting bc Mommy feels like crap :-( I wish I could make time go faster...

Still freezing. Mentally not as bad as I feared...yet, anyway. Supposed to rain tomorrow ...not looking forward to that, usually causes pain. Hoping for the best. I'm tired and wish I could sleep. I don't wanna move, I'm so cold. No RLS...wonder if the potassium worked! Cool. Ttyl peace.

Hang in there. . The first few days really suck but it will get better. Think of the future and think about how good you are going to feel when this is all over. I wwent to an iop rehab for a month just to try to get my old job back and there are thousands of people going threw what we are right now. I even went on na chat rooms online that helped me out threw this. You just have to keep moving forward without looking back. Showers did help big time I was taking 3-4 a day and letting the hot water just run all over me and staying online with people going threw this same thing helps big time also. Your mind is going crazy right now and it's telling you to take everything in sight but you have to stay strong and think about your almost done with day 1 I counted down the hrs till I hit 72 hr mark that helps a little knowing that that shit is out of your system and you will be looking at your new road going forward. .

Thank you SO much for your support, my friend, it really helps. In 6 hours will be 24 hours! I am worried about tomorrow with the rain...hopefully it'll be ok. I'm doing decent I suppose, really. Going to TRY to get up enoigh energy to take the dog out. Friend had offered to do it but isn't responding. She's probably just asleep but I don't want my dog to have to wait. So we'll see hpw that goes lol with tears pouring out pf my eyes...I am looking GREAT lol. Can't wait to be in public! Lol oy. Peace.

Well, I managed to take the dog out potty! I'm so proud of myself lol. I know it's so small. But I usually can't get myself to go ANYwhere during wd. The pain...isn't bad today! I think the beautiful weather has a lot to do with that. Dreading rain tomorrow. Even WITH H, rain makes me hurt. But maybe I'll luck out. If anyone is currently or about to go through withdrawal, I can't recommend Potassium Gluconate enough. I have NO restless legs today -I and I have them even when NOT in wd because of my back problems. I *think* it's also helping keep my blood pressure from shooting up too high. Seems like shortly after I take it, the chills die down a bit, too. I'm also taking 4-6 Loperamide/imodium every few hours or so to prevent my stomach from liquifying lmao. Doing ok!!! I can do this, yay! Lol. I also got my head in the right place, don't underestimate that. Hell, tomorrow I may be singing a different tune and crying lol. But for now I'm doing ok, and that's worth a lot, since when you feel awful, minutes feel like years.

If you take the potassium, read up. Too much is a dangerous thing in some cases especially. Do your research. But I really feel like it's helping A LOT.

Good luck on your journeys.

Peace.

Last edited:
I am happy to hear that you are fighting threw it. I didn't have much of the restless legs this time like I had in the past I just don't know everyone is different. I know that I was in pain worse when I was using and my back is really hurting as bad. The first week when I was coming off I had some pain it was pretty bad but I found out that the h I was taking was cut with methadone and I have no idea how long I was taking it cut with methadone and that shit gets into your bones.

Thanks, baoooz.

I'll update in a bit. Freezing again. Might hop in shower. Took full shower earlier, washed myself and my hair. Think I'll stand under hot water for a few. Sometimes if I can't stand long enough, I've steamed the bathroom up woth very hot water and just sat in the bathroom before. Hope I can sleep tonight. That'd be lovely! Hope tomorrow isn't too awful.

Talk later. Still stsying strong. Over 24 hours now! Yay! I'm doin it!

Thanks for the love everyone

Peace.

I am soooooo proud of you.... YOU helped me so much last week. I will be praying you through this. Please know that you have someone in your corner even if we have never met. Epsom salt and lavender essential oil (mainly the Epsom salt) will help with the aches and pains. Just run a bath put 1/2 - 1 cup of Epsom salt and relax.... Epsom salt draws toxins out of the body. Make sure to drink plenty of water or Gatorade after your bath to flush.......

YOU are STRONG and YOU CAN DO THIS......... as for the abusive marriage, get through the withdraw and leave. That is the only thing that is going to fix that. I know it is easier said than done but when it comes down to it, your life, your sanity and your sobriety is worth it!!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT.

I will be checking in on you every so often...... I can never say thank you enough for helping me.....your honesty and willingness to reach out in my time of despair touched my life in a way you will never understand.

I wish the best for you :) I'm sorry for what you're going through, WD is hell. I'm assuming there are no subs in your area for short term relief...?

ABW, glad to hear kicking is going well for you so far. Honestly, you sound like you definitely have the motivation and willpower to get through this so I'm sure you will.

I just wanted to add one thing, as you mentioned you had some Benadryl and other antihistamines. Diphenhydramine can cause restless leg syndrome, and can exacerbate it significantly during opioid withdrawal. I'm not sure about other antihistamines, but I would steer clear of DPH unless it is absolutely necessary.

Anyways, you are doing great and we are all pulling for you. I wish you all the best. :)

Thanks, baoooz.

I'll update in a bit. Freezing again. Might hop in shower. Took full shower earlier, washed myself and my hair. Think I'll stand under hot water for a few. Sometimes if I can't stand long enough, I've steamed the bathroom up woth very hot water and just sat in the bathroom before. Hope I can sleep tonight. That'd be lovely! Hope tomorrow isn't too awful.

Talk later. Still stsying strong. Over 24 hours now! Yay! I'm doin it!

Thanks for the love everyone

Peace.

Sorry to be a downer, but 24 hours is really nothing. Of course the first day SUCKS, but days 2-4 are the worst.....ten it will linger another week or so. There really is no magic pill for WD, except Suoxone, but you are just substituting one opiate for another, but Subs will at least allow you to get your life in order. See if you can grab a few subs. If your snorting a half a gram to a gram of east coast powder Kratom wont to SHIT for you. To be brutally honest, I think a lot of the items you mentioned are just a waste of money (in my opinion). If Immodium helps you, great. Use those to get through it. But all the vitamins, kratom. etc. I doubt will do absolutely ANYTHING for you, except make you body further sick by ingesting more unknown substances.

I've been through this more times than I can count, in every situation possible. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask. I will give you the straight dope (hmmm... VERY pure choice of words).....but really, I will give you complete and honest answers.

Good luck, and try and hold on to that positive attitude you seem to have now since you hit the 24 hour limit.