Guitar Strings

The Tiny Terror is a low watt (7-15 watts) high gain all tube amp (now discontinued).

Don't scoff at the low watt output because I've played large stages and venues with my tweed deluxe that has the same power rating. If you like high gain sounds you'll probably like this amp.

Do you have specific questions?

i just got an offer for trading it for my fender blues deluxe which was too loud for me. another musician i know said i should just get this one since it has such a great sound.
i have this modded amp case with just a 12" fender speaker in it, would it be possible to play the tiny terror with this speaker?

It might actually work out better for you as the Fender has much more headroom so you will more likely find the sweet spot more easily, especially if you tend to play more alone or at home. The Fender 12" 8 ohm speaker should work great with it. Since it's a trade you should be able to try it first right?

I have bigger amps like a Mesa Boogie Mk iV that sit idle because my humble 12 watt can crank up to where it sounds great and the MK IV (45-80 watts) has way too much headroom for my use. Those fender amps are great for clean pristine sounds but get too loud by the time you are actually pushing the output tubes to where they overdrive. It really depends on the type of music you want to play.

trying it out could be a problem since there are almost 800km of distance between me and the amp. i would like an amp that i can also play at home so this tiny terror seems to be just right for me.

Those fender amps are great for clean pristine sounds but get too loud by the time you are actually pushing the output tubes to where they overdrive.

that was the problem with my fender blues deluxe, if i wanted just some overdrive the amp went through the roof with the loudness.

If that's your only complaint it might be easier by getting an overdrive pedal in front of your existing amp. Lots of them to try and use but my pedal board exists entirely of a Catalinbread "Karma Suture" (over drive) a Strymon "Flint" (Reverb and Trem) and a Fox Rox "TZF" (Chorus and Thru Zero Flanger) and I can gig from Surf Band to Heavy Metal and everything in between by just turning a few knobs and stepping on a few stomp switches.

More than one way to skin a cat, ya know 😎

I'm not super familiar with nylon strings, but I recently was given one. Haven't played one since I was a kid learning really. And of course one string already broke and the others are a little beat up.

Anyone familiar with nylons and have any suggestion on what to get?

Can't go wrong with Martin strings deficiT, but then the strings on my classical are almost 40 years old. :rolleyes:
I don't suggest using strings that long, it's just I hardly play it anymore ;)

Can't go wrong with Martin strings deficiT, but then the strings on my classical are almost 40 years old. :rolleyes:
I don't suggest using strings that long, it's just I hardly play it anymore ;)
Sounds about right! I don't change em till I absolutely have to lol

got the orange tiny terror a few days ago and i am fully satisfied with it, good sound, playable at home etc. all in all a good investment.

Deniz Alatas - Nirvana Jazz Guitar Mashup (Come As You Smell)​