• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Guide: Dissecting Concerta

shplongl

Bluelighter
How to modify Concerta for recreational use <--LINK

This is a guide I found today illustrating the dissection of a Concerta pill for those who may be interested. I suppose you could achieve relatively the same result by chewing it up vigorously, but I thought this was interesting and wanted to share my find.

I recommend not snorting the resulting "powder". Though I haven't tried to snort it myself, I believe it basically turns into glue. I chewed up the sections which contained methlyphenidate and the goo did a nice job of sticking to my teeth, so much so that I had to use a toothpick to remove it. I can very well see how it could clog up your nasal passages.

I came across this as I was doing research on the subject (I am inquisitive by nature) because I scored a script for Concerta 54mg today. Initially, I was hoping for Ritalin IR, (strangely I enjoy it more than Adderall and experience no comedown) unfortunately I was informed that my psych doesn't prescribe IR anymore. I may switch back to Adderall if I dislike Concerta. (I haven't used stimulants for about 6 months now, but before that I had a script for 20mg Adderall XR x2 Daily). My next appointment is in four weeks so I will see how Concerta fares, though the general consensus seems to be against it, recreationally at least. I don't plan on using it recreationally though, per se, mainly to combat my ADD and as a motivational tool.

Hopefully this will be something of interest to those bestowed upon with Concerta. :)

i wish i still had these so i could try it, this shit is the biggest fucking pain in the ass to do anything with. when you snort it it basically does turn into glue.

this looks like a good guide, anyone try it yet?

Just an afterthought, but, now that I think about it, having stripped out most of the inactive parts, you would be left with primarily methylphenidate + what ever binds it together, etc. This might be a good solution to stick up your bum, if you are into that. Though... it might goo up in the syringe, or worse yet, in your bum. If you try it let me know how it goes. :D

I have a pretty good buzz going from just the 54mg pill, it sure feels like I defeated the time release mechanism, I'll know in a few hours. I'm assuming I have, since that was the whole point of the capsule, though. Note that I haven't used stims in months so ymmv.

I would also recommend sucking the coating of the pill until there is no color left, as the initial dose of methylphenidate is in the coating. No point in peeling it off, unless you are administering it by another method that oral.

Also, just throw that green segment out. It is what pushes the methylphenidate out through the laser drilled hole at the other end. I left the little green bit in a glass of water when I first dissected the pill and it has expanded quite a bit, it actually looks like moss or algae at the moment.

The second I saw the link I invited my friend to come over (with his concerta of course) so I could test this out, and I must say it works! I have found peeling off the inner coating a pain in the arse, so after my second pill, (after I sucked off the outer coating) I just cut off the green segment and swallowed the active methylphenidate.
For some reason it makes me feel clever that no matter what form of slow release the pharms company come up with we manage to find ways to beat them (except for the slow release cough syrups). So fuck all you useless slow release pills developers, again we win.
Thank you shplongl, you made a man happpy!

skahead17 said:
whats concerta?
A slow release form of methylphenidate (the active drug in Ritalin) that uses a novel release method that utilizes water to steadily push the drug out of a tiny laser drilled hole over the course of 12 hours.

Unlike most slow release meds (that use a wax matrix that's easily crushed and defeated) Concerta's release mechanism is quite hard to get past, and is therefore a topic of much discussion. Also, while the largest dose of Ritalin available is 30 mg Ritalin LA, the largest dose of Concerta available is 54 mg.

In the future, when you have a question like this, either use the search engine, (UTFSE) or look it up on a site like www.rxlist.com. In the Other Drugs forum, most posters don't take too kindly to simple questions that could be easily and quickly answered with a bit of effort on the asker's part. Either that, or ask in drug basics. Please keep this in mind in the future. I'm kinda tweeking, so I don't mind answering your Q at the moment. You have close to 300 posts. You should know this by now.

And to the OP, you could always say that the concerta is too expensive and ask if he will RX you regular extended release/long acting Ritalin. (Ritalin LA). It's much easier to defeat, all you gotta do is crush it, similar to a oxycontin.

This thread's not too old, so I hope I'm not breaking rules by bumping with this...

But once you get the coating and shit off, can you snort up the Methyl? Are there any extra nasties in there compared to Ritalin?

ive been snorting concerta for a while and its effective if your patient enough to take your time dissecting the pills..otherwise they suck. after reading it it seems about the same as what i do. the one thing i do though is mix a little of baking soda in it to make it kick in quicker and it is a little more runny that way and less gluey..also if i had the choice i would choose ritalin over concerta any day..also adderal and dexedrine are usually better than methylphenidate.

NateVA said:
This thread's not too old, so I hope I'm not breaking rules by bumping with this...

But once you get the coating and shit off, can you snort up the Methyl? Are there any extra nasties in there compared to Ritalin?

Take it sublingually - slower onset but far longer effects.

first of all what is the best way to get the methlyphendiate from the concerta in the best snortable powder? Also what do you think the duration of 72mg concerta snorted would be if you have relativly no tolerance

seems like a lot of work for methylphenidate, maybe if it was exam week and i really needed to cram for tests! even then i would probably just eat it like spellman said

haha it is exam week and i need to cram for tests lol. Thats why im up at 5am

Just use a razor blade to cut off the 1str lair, and than you get to a 'Plastic' Type coating which is also very easy to cut through with a razor.......... Than you are left with a pill the is 2 toned (one half is dark and one half is light in color0 and its Ready to go, Ive *Never* snorted it before, Just have eaten them back when I was in middle school/ Early high schol................... This chick who used to like me gave them too me for free.................

just disected one 36mg pill and ate it.
We will see how this works.
Halfway through peeling the plastic off of the methylphenidate, it started to get all gooey in my hands. So I just cut the push off, got as much plastic off as I could, and swallowed it. So I might have swallowed a little bit of plastic but oh well lol.
Then I also ate the outer white casing.
Hope I feel good. Normally concerta makes me feel like shit.
If I don't feel good I have PLENTY (LOL) of benzos for me to eat.

yeah you guys i dont think this is a good idea... i just ate that dissected pill and right now it feels like my stomach is migrating

I think their is that egg from the movie Alien in my stomach right now...

I give two thumbs down for dissected concerta.

UPDATE: I ate some food to settle my stomach down (It felt like my stomach was inflating).
And the euphoria isn't bad actually. It's not as "strung out" as regular concerta and is just some nice uplifting euphoria. Well I got to get to sleep, so I'm gonna take a few klonopin and pass out. =)

Last edited:
i don't think concerta is all that bad. 54mg is a good dose for your first time, i thought it might be overwhelming but its fine. not as euphoric as adderall, but defintely some of the same effects that you would find in an ADD med, concentration and if it hits you good, a feeling of kind of infinite patience. i was playing guitar to my stereo the other night for 2 hours straight, and just kept rewinding the parts of songs because i wanted to get the licks down exactly. I think the crucial thing is to take the reddish pill, set it on a hard surface. you'll want to get a knife of decent sharpness and maybe even cut a little groove in the middle. lightly, but with some force tap the hammer on the blade till it splits. at this point it would even be good enough to chew up, since the time release has basically been defeated(as far as I know). the time release to my knowledge is a "plunger" that in your stomach, dissolves slowly to gradually push the methyl shit out the dimpled hole. The green shit i believe is the "plunger" material. however, i reccomend eating the whole thing because some of the drug is released instantly via the outer coating. one would definetly not want to snort this because of the said goo shit. if you're into snorting this defitely isn't the best choice. When I had first tried this many years ago I came to the conclusion it was shit after unsuccesfully snorting it.

Also, I will say I'm surprised that it is found to be so hard to defeat this time release mechanism, because with the knife/hammer/chew method it works fine. perhaps i'm not getting the full affect, but i'm decently experienced, and after about 6-7 hours sleep is not the hardest to attain, so that leads me to believe that the time release was defunct since its supposed to last for 12 hours, and I think that if the time release was still working that it would be nearly impossible to get to sleep without the aid of tylenol PM. i will say that it is not as intense as adderall either. different chem though so whatever.

sorry for the ramble. that tends to happen though when you're writting while speedin, lol. not saying that i am. but you know.

oh and one last thing, i really object to the docs medicating kids with amps. one is able get their hands on this shit because his sister is on it. and i personally think its sweet do these pharms for your own joy of getting high, with your own knowledge. but giving this shit to kids, with them not knowing what it really is, for the purpose of them being controllable, its just BS. i'm about to ramble again so im gonna find the ADHD drugs thread.

i wish i still had these so i could try it, this shit is the biggest fucking pain in the ass to do anything with. when you snort it it basically does turn into glue.

this looks like a good guide, anyone try it yet?
Suck off the coating, it contains the first dose. Then you should have a wax coated capsule, with 3 colors, dark green/gray, white and yellow. Make sure your hands are dry. Use a razor blade and slit open the capsule lengthwise. Peel off the wax. The powder inside should be compacted enough that it can be handled while peeling the wax coating off. Discard the dark part. It has no drug. I crush up the white and yellow and dissolve it in water and drink it. It does take some shaking around to dissolve fully. I don't reccomend taking all the capsules at once orally without removing the dark bit because that dark part expands and isn't good to ingest a bunch at once. Seriously, put all the dark ends in a glass of water and youll see why I say that. At the very least, suck off the coating, cut the cap in half and only eat the white and yellow parts.