• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Growing up...

I went to the hairdressers with my son to get his haircut. We have been going there for a year or so and my son calls me "mum". The hairdresser looks at me and says "Is that your son? I thought he was your little brother!!"

=D That made me grin from ear to ear =D

Most people say i look between 19-23 and i'm 26. I kinda like that! Maybe it's the fairy wings though? ;)

I feel like i'm 18 but then i feel old because i'm 26 saying i feel like i'm 18, know what i mean? :\

I'm turning 20 this year. I felt the aging bit when I realised that I was turning 19 last year. For once in my life, I was actually not looking forward to my birthday. I've always hung out with people about 5 years older than I was and at that time, I really felt really young. But now, most of my friends are the same age as I am and I don't feel so young anymore. *fingers crossed* I'll be graduating next year and seriously, I don't know what I'll do with myself then. The first thing is ofcourse get a job, but I havn't really thought about how I'm going to go about doing that. I'm losing my 'teen' years soon and that really does hit it for me... :(

As for the responsibility bit. One of the best advice that my parents gave me since I was a child was "What ever you do, you also have to deal with the consequences". I guess, I didn't realise how much that meant till I came overseas at 16. When I came to Victoria at 17, I had no family in this state, it was a brand new start. I had to pay rent as well as bills with the money that my parents gave me. It took me awhile to learn to budget my spending and till today, I have yet to master it. Although I still live off my parents, being away from them, making my own decisions (I tried asking my mom if I could get a new couch and she just told me that only I could make that decision) really has made me 'grow up' a bit. I won't say that I'm a mature adult but I guess, I do know what its like to live alone, carrying responsibilities. My next lesson will be actually earning all the money that I will spend.

Life's experience also does force a person to 'grow up'. I've learned a lot of things thru the friends that I hang out with. My life abroad has really been a bumpy one but it also has been a very good learning experience. I have yet to really regret things but I've learned that thinking before doing something does help a lot.. :)

I concur with loud247, and it totaly makes sence what you said

I'm 21, and i realised i was "growing up" when my friend told me "Happy birthday, you're a woman now"
I always thoguht i was a woman, but when he said the words it made me wanna put the breaks on.
I know it's inevitable, so i'm going to enjoy it for all i can. You're only as young as you feel and dammit, i'm still 17

I'm 18 and I know I've matured a lot in the past year. I don't think my behaviour has changed, just my thoughts and my outlook and how I feel about myself. I've noticed the change especially over the last sex months.

I'm so much happier now. Not as jaded or insecure. I love where I am.

I think i grew up 4 years ago? but i didnt realise it. Or maybe im just new to this whole remembering buisness.....

According to a physcological report I have floating around here somewhere:
"Joel exibits all the symptoms of a world weary 39 year old, at age 16"
Now, as far as im aware, I am not 39. This does concern me a fair bit. I suppose it comes from haveing good friends who range between 18-25. You just sorta... grow up, and forget how old you are supposed to be. I suppose one day I'll look back and cry at my childhood thats gone missing in action, but until that day, I'll just be me, wherever I am on the road of life

^^^^^^^^ I reckon thats a healthy attitude bro.

Im sort of the same but have now changed around.........

You see, when I was your age I had a heap of responsibility and stuff and really didnt have any teenagers to 21 yr olds life at all.

In fact it wasnt until I was in my 30s that I found out there were places open after 10.00pm.

Yeah its sad aye............lol.

Well now, while I spose I still have the ability to be responsible, I also have the abilitry to realise I can be stupid and silly..........provided Im not hurting or affecting anyone else.

lostpunk5545 said:
Haha I'm sure you've really matured :)

Your subconscious is debating the point :)

Oh dear, I didn't even see that... the 'E' is nowhere near the 'I', so I can't even claim that my finger slipped.

Freudian slips will be the death of me, curse them.

I think I grew up last year...then grew back down this year. I think I'll be growing back up next year.

Y'know, I think there's way too much of a negative connotation on growing up. I'm 28, but anyone who knows me thinks I'm 4 or 5 years younger at least, and I still get asked for ID every now and then (though less frequently as time goes on...8o ). Like some people have said, I didn't really have much in the way of your typical childhood/teenagerhood (whatever 'typical' means), and I was very emotionally stunted until I hit my 20's but at the same time WAY more intellectually mature than most of my peers.

As a result, these last 2 or 3 years have been my teenage years for me...going out, getting fucked up, having drunken adventures etc...most of my friends are a lot younger than me, as I have more in common with them than I do people my age who are settling down, getting themselves prepared for long-term security, etc...

Having said all that....these last few years have definitely been a growing experience for me; I've learned to become so much more socially adjusted than I ever was before, and I have more confidence in myself and my abilities than I ever did. I can confront problems now rather than run from them, because I've developed the strength to do so. For me, that's what 'growing up' means. Not losing your ability to have fun, but evolving to become a better and more well-rounded human being.

This is why I'll never say I've 'grown up', because I think that process never ends. I'm constantly growing, and I love it.

Forgive me if that was all bullshit rambling, I've had kind of a big week. :)

Raz said:
I'm 28, but anyone who knows me thinks I'm 4 or 5 years younger at least, and I still get asked for ID every now and then (though less frequently as time goes on...8o ).

Heh... I got asked for ID last night (so proud) =D

An epiphany in woolies

the other day i was feeling tomatoes in woolies, and i realised it's what my mum does when she goes shopping. i felt really old for a minute. i'm only 19 and it's my second year out of home. it wasn't a bad feeling, it's nice to realise you're mature enough to look after yourself and that you're in (or out of) control.

I guess I have that feeling of "growing up" when I realise a more mature and thoughtful outlook has saved me from issues I would previously have created for myself but choose to let go.

Altho I can still have fun like a kid and behave like one for the entertainment of myself and others, I'm learning more and more how to appropriately deal with different situations in a way that is totally my own.

Liberating feeling, I think :)