Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Grow up!

vurtomatic

Bluelight Crew
yes, that's what the topic says, and it applies to all of you.

it's been a while since i spun some diatribe regarding the state of affairs so this is as good a time as any.

most of you would have, should have, read the social forum guidelines, if you havent, it is readily accessible from the top of the forum page, or click this now!.

an important point in the guidelines which i always hold myself to is the very simple but oft overlooked fact, the internet has no tone. especially with regards to online communities where communication is essentially text based. it is all too easy to forget the person on the other end of the computer reading what we post and their own intepretations of our posts. granted we are all allowed our choice of expression but as with all forms of human interaction, courtesy and consideration for the other party is called for and the least all of us can do or offer.

yes the forum is moderated. however, bear in mind bluelight's mission is always a priority in that regard; that is the role of moderators: to guard and guide bluelight and its users. and if those of you reading this has to ask what bluelight's mission is, i suggest you re-examine your roles and reasons for using this board, and this is a good place to start.

if anything, us moderators babysit bluelight, we do not babysit you, the user. we are, to a large extent, responsible for bluelight and we are its caretakers.

it is up to you, as users, to be responsible for what you post and how you choose to express yourself within an ambiguous medium for interaction. whatever you post and however it is interprated, ultimately reflects on the user: being on the internet or cultivating an online persona is not a valid excuse nor a sheild to hide behind irresponsible and inconsiderate posts on a public forum.

so before the next time some of you decide to rebutt or flame a fellow user of our community, i suggest you take a step back and decide if whatever you are going to post, is something you would say to the person's face, and consider the consequences of your action if this was indeed a face-to-face interaction.

if none of this impresses upon you who are reading my post, just remember: this is not a high school playground (even if it may seem otherwise).

thank you.

Grow up? I could think of some better titles..

I would make a good moderator you know, look at my skills

Thread Closed.

^^ Top stuff.

oh, something i should've clarified, my initial post applies to all of us, mods included... if the impression that this was a mod vs user issue, it is not.

my apologies.

and thanks BT, i thought i'd leave this thread alone and for once, people who do see the point can bump it back up to the top rather than me forcing it down people's throats by stickying it ;)

vurtomatic said:
it is up to you, as users, to be responsible for what you post and how you choose to express yourself within an ambiguous medium for interaction.

so before the next time some of you decide to rebutt or flame a fellow user of our community, i suggest you take a step back and decide if whatever you are going to post, is something you would say to the person's face, and consider the consequences of your action if this was indeed a face-to-face interaction.

couldnt of said it better myself :) its about time something like this was mentioned...even if its just read and not adheared to its still worth taking on board =D

BUMP!

a post like this is always going to be difficult. the way i see it, the people this is intended for are probably too immature/stupid/pig-headed (pick one) to realise, and those that it isn't aimed at are either going to be offended, thinking that they're being "accused" of immaturity, or possibly get the point. unfortunately, i think the people who get the point are going to be in the minority, though. and of course, not all the reactions will be so polarised, but i can see that happening to a certain extent.

to be honest, i don't know which camp i fall into - i abused someone (can't remember who) about the oflc issue in another thread, but i think it was warranted. normally i think i keep my cool, and if i'm arguing/debating i try to give a well reasoned argument. like you said, the mods aren't here to baby sit us, so we shouldn't get so upset just because someone holds a different opinion.

i'm not so sure whether this thread is going to help the situation any (not that it's really a huge issue anyway - the place is generally pretty well behaved!), but i appreciate the sentiment, certainly :)

Last edited:
*gets on high horse*

"into the bin with you!"

*cracks whip*

<insert sarcasm disclaimer here>

Vurt is bluelight's version of the Dalai Lama - big props to you!

and I'll try and behave myself ;)

25.gif

i edited my post, because apparently it didn't make sense the first time: i didn't notice 'cause i'm stupid :)

and um, despite the fact that i wasn't a mod when i wrote it, my statements still stand...good bump, kitty :)