• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Groin injecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never even considered hitting my groin or legs for a shot. Never. Not once. tho I suppose that's due to a) not ever seeing anyone else do/suggest it b) having good veins on my arms and c) tho kinda amusing, stripping down to your skivvies to make a shot would have seemed more socially unacceptable than injecting drugs was... weird. anyway, few things make me queasy anymore, this topic is one of them. I'd poke myself 50x in the arms and still not consider a neck or groin shot. Ime, if you can't find a vein on your arm, get pissed off, exercise, drink water, w/e it takes to make those veins stand out. they are there. and in the ultra rare event I cant find one, I'd skin pop (subcutaneous injection) a shot before trying to hit myself below the belt.

Have you tried your "blood banks" as theyre known, fatty area below your biceps?

^not nad advice. there is a vein that runs along your v muscle, do a couple of sit up and it should be bulging. this of course depends on how much adipose tissue you have ther, but if you are a young athletic person it should be no problem finding it, at my wort it seemed like my only option, it worked, i only did it a few time bc at that point i was crashing and buring...did i mention i was crashing lol. got on suboxone and it was a step in the right direction. i have seen hardcore needle fiend junkies blast each other in their jugular, some will even muscle a shot because they can get a vein....this way still works but its more like a big shot of morphine. give your body time ro recover, we are fragile, we can only take so much. please be careful.

1st time using site. I have been forced to find my Femarol vein. I was success and I don't think it was too difficult. I am well aware of the risks. I know what it feels like to hit an artery, or a even a nerve. I never use or inject when I am alone. I always have had someone with me. Anyways, today was my 1st time hitting my groin. After injection, my stomach and half of my thigh was raised with a rash. I've had this happen many times in my arm and it always goes away. It did with my groin as well and I'm just asking to see if it's a normal reaction for your 1st hit or just the quality of the substance and how my body reacts to the ingredients in that substance?

How do you find that - can you describe please? I'd like an alternative to the femoral i'm currently using after messing up everywhere else (arms, ankles, hands, feet NECK (ugh how did i do that so many times ).

Reason i'm reading here tonight is i just did quite a big shot in my upper leg (don't like to call it groin - its not really the groin i go in - more like the upper thigh) and i had what must've been a histamine reaction - felt itchy all over and hot - it passed but triggered a panic attack of sorts - made me think i was going to go over, i could feel my chest - thnking the heart was going to stop working. i was so freaked i hadto go and try to chat with my partner to try and take my mind off it without letting on what had happened. feel ok (ish) now but for once i'm not thinking of having another hit before i sleep. got a pile of used filters i'd normally do a wash with but right now i don't want to - actually trepidatious about tomorrow morning's shot. never had that reaction before, just had minor localised itching sort of thing before - i got this batch this morning and had already had a couple of shots. is this reaction at all common - should i be worried ?

This is an old post, please make a new thread or post in the IV Complications Mega Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.