• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Grinding hash

Kronos

Bluelighter
Now, i know its not loads of work for someone to heat a flame to a rock of hash and pick it off bit by bit (then i break it up further to avoid hot rocks) until there's enough for a nice hash joint, but i've been wondering if there is a grinder that you can put your hash in, and grind it to duist/small pieces, and save you that work of breaking up the big rock rock. Surely something like this exists? As you stoners tend to be a lazy bunch ;)

(hash = solid kinda weed that you heat with a lighter than can pick a bit away, im pretty sure i've got my terminology right though i'm far from a smoker, i don't smoke often at all)

I've googled it and the 'The Space Case Titanium Grinder Large' seems to be the berst one advertized, with others advertized also to do the job, i'd link to them but the sites also sell legal highs. Do they work? Would i be able to put say a fairly small 1g rock in and have it ground up into dust or at least small enough pieces that id be satisfied in the first place, or would i just be wasting £20-£40 and the teeth would break off when trying to grind. Hope someone can help! Been thinking maybe if i hold the rocks of hash in some pliers and heated them then ground them in the grinders it may yield good results also.

Any input appreciated, cheers :D

Im not sure where in the world you are mate but here in england theres alot of hash or resin as its commonly called, so i have alot of experience with it altho i only really smoke green(skunk) nowdays. :) how you can grind hash depends on the quality on it. If its good quality then it will be easy to break up and a metal grinder will do the job but if u apply a flame first then a plastic grinder will do fine. One other point about grinders is to always get the ones with pyramid shaped teeth as opposed to the ones with pin-like teeth as the latter ones are prone to breaking. If you want to grind up bigger pieces then an electric coffee grinder might be the way to go. Also, smoking hash without applying heat first will cause some nasty mini hotrock showers!lol hope that helps abit.:)

be very crumbley anyway and a gooo quality metal grinder shou

Ignore the nonsense at the bottom mate.lol im still working out the site and im on a new fone.lol

I personally always use a razor blade and it works fine shaving off little pieces I need. I haven't tried a grinder, but I'd be worried about losing the product and a big portion of it getting stuck around the edges. I notice with my grinder, it's just an off brand metal triple chamber one, after I grind up a lot of bud even in the main top compartment there's usually a ring left of compressed kief from twisting it around so much and it compresses it all against the edges. I can usually pull this all off in 2-3 big main chunks and I'll have enough to top off 1-2 bowls. If you have a lot of hash then you wouldn't have to worry about that, but it's usually a treat for me and I don't get it that often so any wasted I'd be sad about

DaDankyDank where are you from? Here in the uk its pretty widespread altho the quality can vary considerably from like smoking a rubber tyre to top shelf black hash and african slate. Ive got a friend that while posted in afganistan procured and smuggled me back a couple gram of their local smoke. It was pure black in coloir and looked like shit but when you burned it it smelled as good as quality bud and blew ypur head off! Good times :)

I'm in the United States. I don't live in a state with medical marijuana, but Michigan is close so a lot of their products end up over here and there's a lot of people in my local scene who smoke so there's also some good local stuff floating around. We definitely do come across some pretty shitty hash sometimes I think that's common in all areas even places where it's legal, but really there's people all over the world knowing how to do it right. There's always going to be good and bad. I've never had anything imported, but from what I've heard it's usually incredible. I'm jealous

Nice idea with the razor blade! Ive used one before for really sticky bud but never occured to me to use it for hash. Have you tried hash oils? Black, sticky goopy stuff that you quickly and gently heat on a teaspoon and then pour over the build in your joint before rolling. Strongest stuff ive ever

est stuff ive ever smoked

Yup, oil here is much more common than any other type of hash. It's usually not black though unless it's ISO oil, but BHO is much more common and usually more potent. It has a light golden caramel color, and it's actually a really easy process to make. People tend to shy away from it if they don't have access to trim or don't have a lot of extra money for bud because yields are on the low side. Great stuff though.

If you have anything else you want to talk about, feel free to PM me I don't want OP to think we're thread jacking / going off topic.

You could always just go buy a cheese grater? I'm pretty sure it'll work.

I didn't think of the cheese grater, good idea. The last hash I got was hard as a damn rock and I ended up cutting my thumb on the razor blade trying to slice a piece off. Seems sticky hash is hard to come by around here. :(

Yeah that would be good, ive defo got some more questions bout honey oil. How do i pm? Do i have to add you as a friend first? because i cnt seem to find the pm option. Im such a noob its embarrassing.lol

Good diea withthe cheese grater haha! I'll give that a try in a bit, i'm UK, not a fan of skunk so when i smoke its generally hash or thai, yer right about the varying quality but every now and then i get some lovely moroccan black :D it'd be ideal to have a grindeer that heats up then smashes it into powder though, i think a little grinders arrived in the post today, only cost 2 quid so i'll try heating and grinding it in that and post results

Yeah that would be good, ive defo got some more questions bout honey oil. How do i pm? Do i have to add you as a friend first? because i cnt seem to find the pm option. Im such a noob its embarrassing.lol

You got to get to 50 posts mate, and then you'l become a bluelighter and be able to PM people etc

Cheers Mate guess id best get posting.lol the grinder that heats and crushs the hash would be a great idea, dont think ive seen one before. :)

You guys are doing it completely wrong. I've used hash for years so I'll tell you the common method to quickly make any kind of hash easy to break up and how to avoid manually breaking off pieces.
First you break off enough hash for 1 joint. Put it in your palm and run a lighter flame over it. This will heat it temporarily. While it is heated, press it down as best as possible so it becomes like a flat coin. Then apply some drops of saliva (or water) onto the hash and then heat it again. When it's hot this time, press down on it hard with your other thumb and drag the hash forward underneath your thumb. This will stretch it a little. Gather all the pieces together and repeat the process 4 or 5 times.You'll end up with a black piece of hash which will be a lot more malleable then before (unless it's sticky hash which is already in this form).

Now that we've removed the hardness problem, I will move on to describe how to avoid having to tear off tiny pieces of hash manually. Press the hash into a flat coin again and impale it on a metal object like a key or a compass needle. Now hold the lighter near the hash and keep the flame near it, but not directly touching it. If it catches on fire you'll lose the surface THC. Keep heating the hash evenly from all sides until it's crumbly enough (if it's good hash, you'll know this when it starts bubbling on the surface). As soon as it's hot enough, drop it onto your tobacco or weed and use your fingers to spread it around. It will break up into pieces itself and will stick to the tobacco or weed leaves. Now you can roll it up!

Thats an interesting method somethingswrong i can see youve had alot of experiance the arrive at that tech.:) i think it all mainly comes down to down to the quality. When we are talking about sticky resin are you referring to 'pollen' juat want to be sure im on the same page.lol

ady very sticky ie.' Pollen' then less

However in the spirit of fairness, i dont think we are doing it all wrong. Ive seen lots of methods of preparing and smoking hash over the years and some are completely different to the one you outlined but were still very effective when executed. Having said that i will certainly give your method a go as it sounds interesting. It could be rather difficult for someone with little experience, maybe? Apologies again guys for the dodgy type on the bottom of my posts, my equiptments going spazzo on me!lol

well okay, I didn't mean to say that you were all doing it wrong, just that breaking little pieces off manually is too slow, unless you want to avoid spreading any smell during the rolling process.
I'm in Pakistan and the method I gave is the one commonly practiced among hash users here. the first step in softening the hash takes a little practice.

Its cool mate there was no offence taken. It would be interesting to know what the makeup of your hash is compared to uk stuff. I know alot of uk hash comes from north africa but im guessing in pakistan its a much more local source? Maybe very similar to the stuff i had from afganistan.lol

ZenPen ONE AND ONLY HASH GRINDER

now, i know its not loads of work for someone to heat a flame to a rock of hash and pick it off bit by bit (then i break it up further to avoid hot rocks) until there's enough for a nice hash joint, but i've been wondering if there is a grinder that you can put your hash in, and grind it to duist/small pieces, and save you that work of breaking up the big rock rock. Surely something like this exists? As you stoners tend to be a lazy bunch ;)

(hash = solid kinda weed that you heat with a lighter than can pick a bit away, im pretty sure i've got my terminology right though i'm far from a smoker, i don't smoke often at all)

i've googled it and the 'the space case titanium grinder large' seems to be the berst one advertized, with others advertized also to do the job, i'd link to them but the sites also sell legal highs. Do they work? Would i be able to put say a fairly small 1g rock in and have it ground up into dust or at least small enough pieces that id be satisfied in the first place, or would i just be wasting £20-£40 and the teeth would break off when trying to grind. Hope someone can help! Been thinking maybe if i hold the rocks of hash in some pliers and heated them then ground them in the grinders it may yield good results also.

Any input appreciated, cheers :d

i have the solution !!!!