• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Greetings from Blighty - OdysseySciences

OdysseySciences

Greenlighter
Hewo everyone,

Happy to be here. Practical use of psychedelics and trance festivals had always been my passion since since i was 16 years old. I will never forget my first experience on MDMA when i was a young lad that led me down the goa trance route and the psychedelic parties from 2001 onwards. Was planning my first visit back to Boom this year after 16 years, alas have that to look forward to next year. Freedom Festival, Burning Man and Universo Paralello probably my top three. My participation in the psychedelic scene slowed down a bit once I hit my late twenties and i made the foolish error of using alcohol and cocaine in fairly regular combination. This led to reasonable sized down fall in 2018/19 and i entered recovery on 24th Feb 2019 for alcohol. I attribute most of the credit to getting me there to my now ex-wife, but also Ayahuasca, San Pedro, LSD and psilocybin, all helped me in different ways. Ayahuasca for reflecting what would happen to me if I didn't give up drinking, that was is in 2016. She was quite right. When i did get into recovery, i placed psychedelic medicine as the central pillar to my recovery, as well as 12 step group meetings. Approx every three months I used psychedelic treatment. 1) Ayahuasca x 3 nights 2) San Pedro x 2 days 3) 150mics liquid LSD 4) microdosing san pedro for 6 weeks in the autumn. With a few smatterings on recreational MDMA. i have found psychedelics to be extremely helpful in recovery and havn't had a drink, which is great. I'm now focused on a new project which is looking at which psychedelics can be the most effective for treating alcoholism. San Pedro (mescaline) has been a personal favourite of mine just because it is a little gentler, connects me back to my body and to nature. I would love to see mescaline back in the clinical trials for approved psychedelic medicine. I'm also fascinated to hear of other peoples accounts of overcoming addiction with psychedelics. Finally, i'm looking to collaborate on this research project with a medicinal chemist who can help me interpret some of the academic papers i'm reading and to bounce ideas off. Good day to everyone, Peace :)

Oi oiiiii, welcome to BL!

I also started with psychedelics and MDMA and then fucked it all up with alcohol, coke, and meth. Still drink, though I wouldn't call it problematic beyond the negative health impacts of binge drinking. I don't miss work, nor spend all my money, nor lose all the people in my life by acting a fool.
Still prefer the psychedelics, by far. I think I mostly drink out of habit at this point.

Well done with the recovery! :)

Hi @OdysseySciences - Welcome to Bluelight.

You might want to check out our Health and Recovery sub-forum for additional support.

Yeah, alcohol and coke is a nasty combination. Turns into a whole new chemical - wicked toxic.

Good to hear you haven't been drinking, and i bet you have some awesome psychedelic stories! Think about writing about them in Trip Reports or Psychedelic Drugs, or even here!

Good luck in your continued recovery, and see you around :)

Hello everyone,...
Hi, happy to greet anyone who may or may not be the next chemical contriver that makes it all good. Glad to have another cotributer and hope it all goes as a two way street: Give one take one whatever the need or ability to contribute.
Happy to be here.
I am happy to see you here as well as many others at BL.
Our family is thriving, relatively healthy, intelligent, wise, sarcastic, humorous, sexy, forgiving, supportive and just basically no different than any other on earth. We just own what we have and try to keep others alive for another day or century.
Take care and hope to get to chat and/or banter on some issues that are worthwhile or even ridiculous.
Peace yourself and best wishes,
Ptah

Yeah, alcohol and coke is a nasty combination. Turns into a whole new chemical - wicked toxic.

Throw in cigarettes and you have the evil trinity. So many nights spent with good friends. I kind of miss it all. But not really....it was good for its time, but its time was short.

Oi oiiiii, welcome to BL!

I also started with psychedelics and MDMA and then fucked it all up with alcohol, coke, and meth. Still drink, though I wouldn't call it problematic beyond the negative health impacts of binge drinking. I don't miss work, nor spend all my money, nor lose all the people in my life by acting a fool.
Still prefer the psychedelics, by far. I think I mostly drink out of habit at this point.

Well done with the recovery! :)
Hey @SunriseChampion - thanks for your lovely message. Great work in ditching the coke and meth and glad to hear its paying off in other areas. Yeah i'm done with trying to be 'cool' and losing touch with the cokey bunch has opened up space for new friendships. Thanks for welcoming me and keep safe xxx

Hi @OdysseySciences - Welcome to Bluelight.

You might want to check out our Health and Recovery sub-forum for additional support.

Good to hear you haven't been drinking, and i bet you have some awesome psychedelic stories! Think about writing about them in Trip Reports or Psychedelic Drugs, or even here!

Good luck in your continued recovery, and see you around :)

Hey @madness00 - thanks for the encouragement! Yeah i will definitely check out the recovery section and stay away from the coco-ethelene combo!

There is one particular LSD experience which I havn't spend much time trying to integrate, but probably should. Pretty sure i experienced pre-cognition and was able to communicate telepathically with my friend across the other side of the festival. Yeah I should definitely write a report on that one, some of it was quite comedy.

Thanks for welcoming me and happy easter x

Hi, happy to greet anyone who may or may not be the next chemical contriver that makes it all good. Glad to have another cotributer and hope it all goes as a two way street: Give one take one whatever the need or ability to contribute.

I am happy to see you here as well as many others at BL.
Our family is thriving, relatively healthy, intelligent, wise, sarcastic, humorous, sexy, forgiving, supportive and just basically no different than any other on earth. We just own what we have and try to keep others alive for another day or century.
Take care and hope to get to chat and/or banter on some issues that are worthwhile or even ridiculous.
Peace yourself and best wishes,
Ptah

Hey @PtahTek - thanks for the welcoming message. Really pleased to hear your family is well. Mine too, just spent a week with my kids and it was wonderful. One day at a time and being grateful for what we have, yes! Totally with you on that. Writing a daily gratitude list can be really healing.

You're quite right, the research is a two way street. Hopefully if I am able to get to the point of sponsoring new research, it will go in the research section. The industry has a strong heritage of the ethics of collaboration. Whilst recognising it needs additional efforts and resources to support the wider availability of FDA approved, prescription medicines.

Warm wishes and take care x

Yeah i'm done with trying to be 'cool' and losing touch with the cokey bunch has opened up space for new friendships. Thanks for welcoming me and keep safe xxx

Yeah, in my experience, the cokeheads were always a poor choice of companion in my life. Cheers, be well. :)