• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Gratitude and Humility

RV Mystery Journey

Bluelighter
I have been to therapy many times. All kinds of professionals. Been tested. I am not sick it turns out. Not with anything in their profit manual at least.

My ego is a big problem though. For myself, society, and everyone really when I don't try to remain clean. Clean means when I am not acting out with destructive compulsions chemical or not.

If I put a chemical into my body and it can offer me more for less than a therapist can I will to heal not to get high.

I know therapists nowadays are saying you can learn to moderate drinking rather than needing to quit. Well some are.

Anyways I just want to share before not planning to come into this section again because I am not qualified but I also feel mentally healthy despite my battle here with dark forces inside and out.

I could be forced into therapy and if that happened I might come back into this section actually to discuss it but I started this here just to say I listen to Buddhist monks who are more therapeutic for me than years of therapists and psych workers were and don't charge a penny.

Wait that is all jumbled and nonsensical.

I am saying if I can live with humility and gratitude I will not remain in a powerless position and fall into a system that cannot help me.

Being humble enough to say I have an issue does not mean I am a believer that someone who wants my money to fix my issues will.

I would rather spend that money on a therapeutic hobby or take Martial Arts classes.

Some people might find therapy valuable but I want you to know it never worked for me.

Who am I kidding therapy comes in all forms and I do practice sound therapy by reciting mantras.

Addiction is monster so I guess if you need therapy I won't discourage you but don't let it get you down as it seems to get me feeling helpless and like I can't solve my own problems when I fully know I am the only one who can.

I am grateful I have a chance to walk into a new job, get my shit together, and change my psyche via my own efforts to become stable enough to get clean.

This was a terrible mess of a thread I almost lost and am now reviving as it was saved and I am on a fully functioning phone now.

How do you think gratitude and humility can help your mental health?

Some of the most mentally ill people I know in this world, not personally, are very wealthy and would never be forced into therapy nor acknowledge how sick they are and it is called ego domination. They seem to be highly functioning sometimes. Money rules this toxic planet.

Nature is therapy for me today too I just enjoy being outdoors so much it feels more like a hobby than a pain to attend.

I never saw a therapist who had the answer to cure me. I did see some very nice ones but they charge so much.

Today I know I have to recover my own sanity and look out for my mental health as no therapist can do that for me.

Damn, i need to practice being grateful and humble, but really think therapy is a help for me.

I struggle with being grateful because of the situations i have been in recently, but even before those, i never really appreciated what i had. Maybe what i need to appreciate are the more simple things, and start from there. Like being happy to be alive, and have such a cute cat, and a couple friends, and a loving family. I was really depressed all of today because i might have further fucked up my life.. time will tell, but all i've been doing is sleeping.

I tend to be humble in some situations, but not when it matters. I can stay humble for the beginnings of interactions, but once i see a reason to flex, i usually do, because i like to feel like i matter.

Everyone wants to matter.

I think we get more humble as we age, and i'd like to speed up that process, but don't really know where to start. Maybe giving back without expecting to recieve anything, like the volunteer work i do here for BL. That's a start.. i'll start there and see how it feels.

To answer the question, i think being grateful and humble can help ease stress on us. Instead of being mad when things don't go the way we expected them to.

Some of the most mentally ill people I know in this world, not personally, are very wealthy and would never be forced into therapy nor acknowledge how sick they are and it is called ego domination. They seem to be highly functioning sometimes.

I have a working theory that most success is just applied mental illness. Not just financial success; art, sport; relationships, and general well-being (ironic, but self-medication comes in many forms; distraction, for example.)

I don't really have much to back it up; it's really just a more pretentious version of "Find what you love, and get good at it."

I think I blew right through humble throughout my lifetime. Think "extrodinarily humble, except literally," like, to the point of self-sabotage if I find myself becoming too cocky. It's not so humble to claim being beyond humble, though, so what the hell do I know.

Grateful I've got down. I've been through a lot, and so can recognize and appreciate even the slightest upswing.