• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Gotham

motherofearth

Bluelighter
Anyone seen this expansion of the (very overshadowed imho) DC universe? It is a prologue story centered around (future police commissioner) Jim Gordon and his search for the murder of (a child) Bruce Wayne's folks. I believe only the first episode has aired and they've already introduced The Penguin, Poison Ivy, The Riddler, and Catwoman (and possibly others within the mythos).

I thought the acting, script, and casting were great, as well as the gritty comic feel ala Frank Miller and Alan Moore. The dynamic between the two leads playing Gordon and Bullock is very apparent.

I was cautiously optimistic when I saw it was a Fox series but now I'm excited for the next episode.

gotham without batman? i dont get it. seems fuckin stupid

The acting and production is a bit cheesy and cliche. I'm just waiting for the older officer to say "I'm getting too old for this shit". The running through Chinese restaurant kitchens during foot chases, the predictable dialog. It's all very FOX tv.

With that said, it's interesting to see the story progress from this point in Wayne's life. I'll be watching a few more episodes to get a better feel for the series.