• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gonna try valium what to expect?

Valium is Rapid acting, with effects b within 30-40 minutes, however it will NEVWR LAST 8-12 hours unless you take you take huge dose
.anti constant effects last 1-4 hours IV, about 1.5x oral

People thinking Valium is long acting is a joke.

Ativan last longer because it stays in the vascular compartment due to poor lipid solubility
.clonazepam last the longest, 2% poorer lipid solubility than lorazepam, and an equal half life to Valium, though with benzodiazepines, half life is irrelevant

Valium has high solubility, therefore almost immediately pennetrates the CNS, then rapidly is redistributed to adipose tissue and stored in the heart, where it is useless

Expect 4-5 hours of relaxation withn10mg Valium

Also glad to be back

You're a mod @Ganjcat? Dude, I'm gonna be straight up with you my man. I have no ill will, literaly, not a negative bone in my body for you my friend, but you seem to be a little bit green on matters regarding drugs that at the end of the day, could only be considered quite basic indeed. I'm not saying you don't deserve it. I'm not saying I hate you. I'm sure there is something happening that I don't understand or you're fucking with me or something.

You have said and done nothing wrong here, but you're showing up to a SEAL Team 6 pre-mission pow-wow and asking questions like "if I get shot will I like, automatically die or could I perhaps live"? There are going to be some uncomfortable moments in that powow.

Tolerance and dependence are quite difficult to chart my friend. Providing predictions isn't super helpful but isn't entirely useless. Time makes nonsense of everything though. The hardest part really is time. The Hellenic peoples, the Mycenaeans made collossal temples that were the awe of the world (sure others were doing it too) and were the masters of there domains. There was what was called the "Late Bronze Age" collapse, a studied period circa 1000bc in which civilizations around the mediterranean just were sent back to school for a few centuries, only to emerge more or less the same after their "Dark Ages".

Those new Hellens, whom we believe the mothers of all knowledge worth knowing, after a few short years, couldn't remotely fathom where all those neat buildings came from. Not, it was hazy, they really had no fucking clue. It was just flesh and blood greek people, a few years before them, yet time had rendered these unforgettable objects forgotten. This eventually came to feature heavily in the mythology of the Greeks (the Gods built that shit it's so nice).

My long-winded point? You would never believe that something so beautiful, so important, so central, so... everything to an entire people, their pride, their culture, in the end, they couldn't even keep track of the records for even a few years.

You will tell yourself that, my life is too important for me to make such a mistake as remaining on Benzodiazepines for 10 straight years. It's just going to be 3 months MAX. Many, many people forget, even though it's their life at stake. It is so hard for us to say, for this reason, well, "we have hordes of people who have gotten high on Benzo's, who took flawless notes, for decades" we really have nothing but conjecture and shit.

What you need to know is that they are very addictive. Do not forget that the word addictive is a first-cousin to Seduction. That beautiful woman who makes you forget all about how shitty it would be to have to raise triplets with neither of you working, for five seconds of bliss, just to be able to come inside her. That sort of shit. We are far more prone to following ridiculousness than we allow ourselves to believe.

It will happen over days, then weeks. First withdrawal will occur, say within 3 months of consistent, mostly daily usage (let's say you're taking them five days a week to be conservative). This withdrawal is not gonna be super intense, it will just be a primer. If you return to using Benzos you will now experience this syndrome in some way every time you go without them. Over time, regardless of dosage, the dependence to Benzodiazepines seems to really crystallize in people. Escalating doses though, are so often a factor. This leaves many "normal" people shells of themselves in 1-2 years of moderate but consistent Benzo usage.

They can still break away at this point and have a normal life. It's not over, but it's much, much harder. You have to be less seducable than you were before despite the fact that you are indeed a weaker person than you were then thanks to the reliance on the pills. This deficit is often what makes the sobriety "so close, but oh so far away" for many.

This becomes a decade. At this point, Benzos are a part of your physical biology. They will be regulating things like sleep, wake, hunger, thirst, sadness, anxiety, all will now be in some way connected to the Benzodiazepines. Breaking away from more than just a single dose is a nightmare hell capable of killing you through convulsions. How does one become less seducable after being brough to their knees in such a way? Well... it usually doesn't happen, just like you all were already thinking.
Yeah I don’t dislike the dude either but a mod?? 🤷‍♂️ lol

Valium is Rapid acting, with effects b within 30-40 minutes, however it will NEVWR LAST 8-12 hours unless you take you take huge dose
.anti constant effects last 1-4 hours IV, about 1.5x oral

People thinking Valium is long acting is a joke.

Ativan last longer because it stays in the vascular compartment due to poor lipid solubility
.clonazepam last the longest, 2% poorer lipid solubility than lorazepam, and an equal half life to Valium, though with benzodiazepines, half life is irrelevant

Valium has high solubility, therefore almost immediately pennetrates the CNS, then rapidly is redistributed to adipose tissue and stored in the heart, where it is useless

Expect 4-5 hours of relaxation withn10mg Valium

Also glad to be back
Thanks for that one Lorne. I always appreciate your expertise on these matters. You have that level of specialization that is so useful in helping us dispel conjecture. I always assumed that Diazepam was longer-acting in whatever regard for the reasons we all did, but you have explained this in a simple way that makes sense. Thanks @Lorne??? we miss seeing you buddy.

@telepathetic you said you were looking for a companion text to my ramblings on Benzodiazepines? Take everything that we discussed in my previous post, the themes of time and our inability to properly document our progress(es) and such. I can only do my best to attempt to help you out. This is one man's opinion, as he sees it, devoid really of much scientific reason.

Both of these addictions and dependencies happen in the same way, under our noses it often seems. The biggest differences between Benzodiazepines and Opioids I can say is that Benzodiazepines take hold of your body's innermost functionalities and hijacks them. Like, your thoughts can't even become thoughts because Benzo's have short-circuited your brain. They make people into non-functional, shells basically.

Opioids are different in that, I feel there is a further dimension of what I can only call emotion or for lack of a better word, romance. Opioids still allow you to think clearly, in a sense. Your mind is still entirely your own, in a sense. You can have hopes and dreams and all of that. The thing is, when you start trying to be yourself, you will frequently have your thoughts muddied by the idea of, "well, this would be easier if it were just a little easier" and that's what Opioids are. They are comfort, happiness, safety. They are all of that. They defy definition really as I feel their effects on the human body and mind are so elaborate, profound and total.

So, while other drugs, like Methamphetamine, Benzodiazepines and Alcohol, physically demolish the building, Opioids more or less install themselves in an in-law apartment of that building and attempts to evict them or make them behave like all of the other tenants are useless. You can still have your building, as it were, but you will always have a vaguely sexual desire to be reunited with your Opioids. They are non-judgemental. They have no expectations besides the most obvious ones. You both shake hands on this fact the first time you shoot up.

Benzos are a little more insidious. They're going to make it harm for you to even form ideas of "wants, needs, values" you're not even going to be able to get there, because the machinery is so fucked up in such a basic way, that the entire thing begins to fall apart.

That is the only way, in which this idiot with limited understanding can truly separate these two things.

Last edited:
Thanks for that one Lorne. I always appreciate your expertise on these matters. You have that level of specialization that is so useful in helping us dispel conjecture. I always assumed that Diazepam was longer-acting in whatever regard for the reasons we all did, but you have explained this in a simple way that makes sense. Thanks @Lorne??? we miss seeing you buddy.

@telepathetic you said you were looking for a companion text to my ramblings on Benzodiazepines? Take everything that we discussed in my previous post, the themes of time and our inability to properly document our progress(es) and such. I can only do my best to attempt to help you out. This is one man's opinion, as he sees it, devoid really of much scientific reason.

Both of these addictions and dependencies happen in the same way, under our noses it often seems. The biggest differences between Benzodiazepines and Opioids I can say is that Benzodiazepines take hold of your body's innermost functionalities and hijacks them. Like, your thoughts can't even become thoughts because Benzo's have short-circuited your brain. They make people into non-functional, shells basically.

Opioids are different in that, I feel there is a further dimension of what I can only call emotion or for lack of a better word, romance. Opioids still allow you to think clearly, in a sense. Your mind is still entirely your own, in a sense. You can have hopes and dreams and all of that. The thing is, when you start trying to be yourself, you will frequently have your thoughts muddied by the idea of, "well, this would be easier if it were just a little easier" and that's what Opioids are. They are comfort, happiness, safety. They are all of that. They defy definition really as I feel their effects on the human body and mind are so elaborate, profound and total.

So, while other drugs, like Methamphetamine, Benzodiazepines and Alcohol, physically demolish the building, Opioids more or less install themselves in an in-law apartment of that building and attempts to evict them or make them behave like all of the other tenants are useless. You can still have your building, as it were, but you will always have a vaguely sexual desire to be reunited with your Opioids. They are non-judgemental. They have no expectations besides the most obvious ones. You both shake hands on this fact the first time you shoot up.

Benzos are a little more insidious. They're going to make it harm for you to even form ideas of "wants, needs, values" you're not even going to be able to get there, because the machinery is so fucked up in such a basic way, that the entire thing begins to fall apart.

That is the only way, in which this idiot with limited understanding can truly separate these two things.

Thanks Keith

And your description of opioids, and especially Benzodiazepines, is almost poetic

People, do not get addicted to Benzodiazepines, it can be lethal coming off, and it can mess with your mind

Thank you again Keif

You're a mod @Ganjcat? Dude, I'm gonna be straight up with you my man. I have no ill will, literaly, not a negative bone in my body for you my friend, but you seem to be a little bit green on matters regarding drugs that at the end of the day, could only be considered quite basic indeed. I'm not saying you don't deserve it. I'm not saying I hate you. I'm sure there is something happening that I don't understand or you're fucking with me or something.

You have said and done nothing wrong here, but you're showing up to a SEAL Team 6 pre-mission pow-wow and asking questions like "if I get shot will I like, automatically die or could I perhaps live"? There are going to be some uncomfortable moments in that powow.

Tolerance and dependence are quite difficult to chart my friend. Providing predictions isn't super helpful but isn't entirely useless. Time makes nonsense of everything though. The hardest part really is time. The Hellenic peoples, the Mycenaeans made collossal temples that were the awe of the world (sure others were doing it too) and were the masters of there domains. There was what was called the "Late Bronze Age" collapse, a studied period circa 1000bc in which civilizations around the mediterranean just were sent back to school for a few centuries, only to emerge more or less the same after their "Dark Ages".

Those new Hellens, whom we believe the mothers of all knowledge worth knowing, after a few short years, couldn't remotely fathom where all those neat buildings came from. Not, it was hazy, they really had no fucking clue. It was just flesh and blood greek people, a few years before them, yet time had rendered these unforgettable objects forgotten. This eventually came to feature heavily in the mythology of the Greeks (the Gods built that shit it's so nice).

My long-winded point? You would never believe that something so beautiful, so important, so central, so... everything to an entire people, their pride, their culture, in the end, they couldn't even keep track of the records for even a few years.

You will tell yourself that, my life is too important for me to make such a mistake as remaining on Benzodiazepines for 10 straight years. It's just going to be 3 months MAX. Many, many people forget, even though it's their life at stake. It is so hard for us to say, for this reason, well, "we have hordes of people who have gotten high on Benzo's, who took flawless notes, for decades" we really have nothing but conjecture and shit.

What you need to know is that they are very addictive. Do not forget that the word addictive is a first-cousin to Seduction. That beautiful woman who makes you forget all about how shitty it would be to have to raise triplets with neither of you working, for five seconds of bliss, just to be able to come inside her. That sort of shit. We are far more prone to following ridiculousness than we allow ourselves to believe.

It will happen over days, then weeks. First withdrawal will occur, say within 3 months of consistent, mostly daily usage (let's say you're taking them five days a week to be conservative). This withdrawal is not gonna be super intense, it will just be a primer. If you return to using Benzos you will now experience this syndrome in some way every time you go without them. Over time, regardless of dosage, the dependence to Benzodiazepines seems to really crystallize in people. Escalating doses though, are so often a factor. This leaves many "normal" people shells of themselves in 1-2 years of moderate but consistent Benzo usage.

They can still break away at this point and have a normal life. It's not over, but it's much, much harder. You have to be less seducable than you were before despite the fact that you are indeed a weaker person than you were then thanks to the reliance on the pills. This deficit is often what makes the sobriety "so close, but oh so far away" for many.

This becomes a decade. At this point, Benzos are a part of your physical biology. They will be regulating things like sleep, wake, hunger, thirst, sadness, anxiety, all will now be in some way connected to the Benzodiazepines. Breaking away from more than just a single dose is a nightmare hell capable of killing you through convulsions. How does one become less seducable after being brough to their knees in such a way? Well... it usually doesn't happen, just like you all were already thinking.
Well the thing is mate when you have never tried a drug before it's common sense that you would be green in regards to that drug because you have no experience some drugs I have a lot of experience with and some I don't simple as that

Btw if anyone's wondering I haven't had any valium since because I haven't been able to get any which is probably for the best and yes the effect doesn't last very long

Well the thing is mate when you have never tried a drug before it's common sense that you would be green in regards to that drug because you have no experience some drugs I have a lot of experience with and some I don't simple as that

It is safe to say that @Keif' Richards feels like a dick :(

It is safe to say that @Keif' Richards feels like a dick :(

Why do they always laugh at my pain :cry:;)

Seriously though. I really regret this whole debacle. I've been calling it @Ganjcat - gate. I shot from the hip, thought I knew better and was surprised to find out yet again that I do not know more than everyone else around me. Formal apologies @Ganjcat That's not the person I'm trying to be here. I believe in terms of endearment, some light-ribbing and all that shit in the interest of bonding with each other, but I feel like I actually besmirched someone with just as much a right to be here as I have and I'm genuinely sorry for that.

Why do they always laugh at my pain :cry:;)

Seriously though. I really regret this whole debacle. I've been calling it @Ganjcat - gate. I shot from the hip, thought I knew better and was surprised to find out yet again that I do not know more than everyone else around me. Formal apologies @Ganjcat That's not the person I'm trying to be here. I believe in terms of endearment, some light-ribbing and all that shit in the interest of bonding with each other, but I feel like I actually besmirched someone with just as much a right to be here as I have and I'm genuinely sorry for that.
Poor show kief.. Poor example

Seriously though it's my birthday and I don't give a flying you know what what anyone thinks of me here or irl

Don’t expect a euphoria high, more like a intense relaxing effect and body melt depending on the dosage.