• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Golf Golf Thread

tiger shot a 68 yesterday at the bridgestone. not a bad return at all.

i'll be interested to see how he fairs this weekend and next with his bum knee.

tiger 2.0

i hope he gets back into the mix. but i don't know if he's going to be able to compete with the youngsters like mcilroy, day, moore and fowler. those guys are the new generation of golf, and they are really fucking good.

pumped for the PGA Champ this week. my buddy that gave me passes has been on contract at atlanta athletic club for a number of months now. he works for a company that does temporary stadium seating.

what does this mean for me other than free tickets? it means we get to park on site at his trailer/office that has a fridge and air conditioning. what does that mean? it means that we'll be smuggling copius amounts of alcohol into the venue and not paying a dime to drink over priced beers. it also means that if it rains, we'll have a place of our own where we can sit around and get hammered.

i'm pumped as shit.

last time the PGA was at atlanta athletic club, david toms took it. i'm rooting for him this year. he's been playing great golf all year, and he's one of the good guys on t00r.

gonna be a great weekend. who's your pick?

what a spectacular end to the pga!

keegan bradley's poise to come back from the triple on 15 with the spectacular putt on 17 and the approach on 18 was incredible. then in the playoff, both their second shots were fantastic.

great, great golf.

alasdair

pretty epic melt down by duffner, felt bad for the kid.

but a great tourney all around. that course was gorgeous.

i have a pretty horrible hangover.

I can't believe Duffner choked like that. Actually, I can believe it, but it was almost sad to watch it. He was dominating the whole tournament and then just fell to pieces.

presidents cup is awesome. i love being able to watch golf till like 2am here.

tiger is sucking it up, but US has the lead atm.

fuck yeah you beat me to the bump

can't wait for today's action

would be nice if the golf channel would show me some watney, they've shown maybe 5 of his shots, guess he just doesn't have that 'it' factor

it's okay nick you're still my hero and tim tebow loves you, and losers love watching tiger

i guess i want the usa to win, but i've got no beef with the int'l team, compared to how much i hate eurotrash during the ryder cup

sucks, i'm going to be out of town and will miss day 4

two u.s looka-a-like pairings

i'm convinced that's why they are paired up:

watson/simpson

mahan looks like a 10 year younger versions of toms

watney better not have to face oglivy again, that same oglivy that grew up on royal melbourne

i'm starting to like bill haas a lot more too, like watney, comes off as just a regular dude who doesn't appear to take himself seriously, more than likely laughs at racist jokes, mocks his peers, feels awkward addressing the media, and yet remains clutch as fuck

just turned it on, looks like my two favorite players are sitting out alternate shot play, watney and stricker, fuck

Last edited:
TIGER can you please make an epic comeback so we can get a new Xbox game?

lol that is my only relation to golf - being beastly at the Tiger games. Never swung a golf club in my life.

this has gone a while with no responses...

i'm playing at darkhorse tomorrow. can't wait...

Darkhorse_3.jpg

alasdair

quiet in here.

i've discovered a great 9-hole muni-style course about 10 minutes from my house:

44291206.jpg

alasdair

found this place on golfnow.com

http://www.mysteryvalley.com/

pretty solid course, got a deal for $36. shot a 92. would've been better, but i got drunk and fell apart on hole 16.

also came really close to getting my first ace on my local 9 hole muni course last week.
it's uphill and a blind shot to the green. 185 yards, but plays more like 200.
pulled my hybrid....walked up the hill, couldn't see my ball until i was standing on the green and it was about 2 feet directly behind the cup. i was pissed, and i missed my birdie tap in.

^ glad to see a friend take advantage of golfnow

want to take more advantage?
if you book a 'hot deal', which is already a steal, enter GNOW20 into promo code for additional 20% off

I've played 20 different courses already this year, i'm pretty sure that by next spring i'm going to relocate somewhere warmer and play golf at least 5 times a day

on Saturday I scored my highest score per side(+19), on the back nine I scored my best side of the year (+4), 6 pars, a birdie, a triple and a double

I 4 putted on the triple bogey, all 4 putts were from the exact same spot about 10 feet from the hole, all 3 misses stopped within 3 inches of the hole, only to roll back down to my feet

played at my old stomping grounds yesterday, really weird course that is below muni standards, but still fun, huge ass greens, laughable area of extremely high rough surrounding every green, 2 par 3s that are 230 yards, and 2 par 5s that are like 400 yards....I eagled one of them, putting out of the monster toothed rough, even though it was basically a birdie, I fist pumped hard enough to execute an abortion