• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Golf Golf Thread

@alasdairm

I'live in the north country so its months till golf season. I'm jealous, I need a new Driver. I'm getting my putter worked on next week. I also need a wedge that's in between my pw and 56 Cleveland as there is a nasty distance whole there because of my clubs. I have one of my live lucky hats on regularly.

restrictions easing in nevada so courses are opening. played today.

haven't played for over 2 months. i went 40 front 40 back for 80. 2 birdies including a hole-out from about 40 yards out on a par 4 after a fat approach.

super happy with my round.

alasdair

restrictions easing in nevada so courses are opening. played today.

haven't played for over 2 months. i went 40 front 40 back for 80. 2 birdies including a hole-out from about 40 yards out on a par 4 after a fat approach.

super happy with my round.

alasdair

are you gonna watch the tiger/manning vs mickelson/Brady match thing on May 24 ? I hate golf but I'll watch because at this point I'm desperate.

Alright im finally up and running this year.. putter is in the shop and hit a bucket. Short irons were the money line and that's what im looking for. Driver was a little bi polar. I'm diving in hard this year.

i played yesterday and today.

and...

i had a hole in one!

142 yard par 3 - elevated green. hit an easy 8 iron. it pitched 5 feet past the hole and came back for the ace. same hole i had a hole in one on 2 years ago :)

holeinone01.jpg

boom!

alasdair

Im out Sunday. but back at the range.. 12mph steady tail and was not even seeing them land just blasted both strait and controlled hook. Short irons were not as magical.

I never have had a hole allas.. Congrats!!!

360 yard drive today with four over 300 on nine, eagle put, a bird and I have to be golfing now. totally have the golf bug.

Fall golf is here <3 should have been out today, but went fishing instead. I'm going to golf Wednesday and Sunday all through autumn now.

I don't see any reason to have the latest and greatest equipment either. Drivers moved from about 250cc to 460cc as standard sizes within 10 years or so. I was hung up on using a Cleveland Quadpro until 2 seasons ago. It's about 275cc and is a classic teardrop like the Titleist 975. I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon. If I ever need to find my tempo, it's back to this guy. It's pretty heavy.

TM turned a corner when they went from the old brown Burner to the 1st generation R series; R510, R540 and R580.

Equipment......it's all about what works for you. And the best thing you can do is to spend money on custom fitting everything.
What's your Handycap?

Golfing is not that expensive anymore. Skiing is a lot more expensive.

JJ

QFT... 1000+ days lifetime skiing 4 me. My ski bumming days are the most cherished of my life.

Going to drop the heals 4 good and give'r again this year <3

Eight foot Eagle put today, but also dropped 5 in the drink. What a beautiful day for golf.. fkn perfect.

eagle! nice.

i'm jelly :)

we have a 3-day weekend this weekend and i don't get to golf... i am dog sitting for a friend. but at least i get to watch the tour championship live.

i'll get back on track with my men's club tourney next sunday. i'm also playing in an ncga qualifier on the 24th for a chance to play finals at poppy hills in october.

alasdair

I just obtained a range finder. My Dad gave it to me today as he found it on public hunting land and a dear hunter must have dropped it. I'm going to use it to try and really dial in my club ranges. Its a Leupold RX-600

Last edited:
^ nice.

i use a gps app which gets me within about 5 yards which is good enough given my distance control :)

played a tourney today. opened with 4 straight pars including the #2 index hole. if i start well i usually play well, and vice versa.

shot 41 front, 44 back for an 85. 4 doubles though :(

that was good enough for second place net and an $85 cash. i added $25 for closest to the pin on one of the par 3s so a good day.

alasdair

i played in a qualifier - in sacramento yesterday - for the 27th NCGA Net Amateur Championship

it was a course i've played only once before, many years ago. i had a terrible start - on the 1st tee with everybody watching i chunked it left for about 120 yards on the opening par 5. but i got it together and shot 42 (6 over) on the front.

back nine, i was cruising along about the same then hit a terrible approach on the par 5 11th. there's a grove of trees right in the middle of the fairway about 75 yards out and i went right into it. ball just dropped. i punched out with my rescue and landed about 25 yards short of the green. chipped in to save par :)

i had a bad finish on the last 3 holes - double bogey, bogey, bogey. finished the back nine in 44 for an 86.

but i made it in - i qualified! so now i get to go to beautiful poppy hills golf club in pebble beach in october for the 2-day championship tournament! i have never played there and can not wait.

39173.jpg

alasdair