• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Golf Golf Thread

I've got a set of Lynx that are at least 15 years old. I need long clubs pretty bad, regular ones are just too short. My driver is a Calloway and my 5 wood is a Taylor Made, both around 8 years old, don't even know the model off the top of my head...equipment just isn't important to me.

I usually always play some sort of Titlist(mainly cause my father has hundreds of used ones stashed in his garage) and do bring out the Pro Vs on a nice day at a nice course, only ball that allows me to pick up some spin.

I've only played one country club, and there's not too many nice public courses outside Scranton, PA.

I don't see any reason to have the latest and greatest equipment either. Drivers moved from about 250cc to 460cc as standard sizes within 10 years or so. I was hung up on using a Cleveland Quadpro until 2 seasons ago. It's about 275cc and is a classic teardrop like the Titleist 975. I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon. If I ever need to find my tempo, it's back to this guy. It's pretty heavy.

TM turned a corner when they went from the old brown Burner to the 1st generation R series; R510, R540 and R580.

Equipment......it's all about what works for you. And the best thing you can do is to spend money on custom fitting everything.

There's no doubt I could improve my game by spending some money, but i'd rather save that money and use it to play more golf...that being said the next time I can afford a recreational purchase of over $500, it will be on clubs.

Finding a driver that works is a must though, luckily i've been handed me downed one that I like...there are some drivers I just can't hit.

You don't have to spend a ton. I have the $129 Burner, great club!

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/Mens-Drivers/search
http://www.golfgalaxy.com/TaylorMad...er/TaylorMadeTourBurner2008MensDriver/Product

I was handed down a Ping G5 and couldn't hit it to save my life. I gave it to a friend who pounds it.

I get into a pool for every major. It's a really cool format. You "buy" 5 players with 70 points. Your top 4 combined score is what counts. When the Masters comes around, I'll send anyone interested the excel file of the pool. We can all do it for fun here as collecting would be pretty difficult........but we're all golfers after all.......so I would trust the honor system if we did want to throw around some cash :)

That's a pretty cool concept for a pool, i'd consider it.
The ones I always get into you pick any 4 players, all 4 need to make the cut and lowest total takes the prize.

Starting next weekend, all three of us(maybe more by this time next week) we should each pick two players, real simple, lowest total wins...nothing. Just a little way to make tournaments more interesting...not that they need it:D

Surprised Dustin Johnson laid down a +2 in round one of the tournament that he's the two time consecutive champ of...hopefully he picks it up and at least makes the cut, he's one of my favorite 'A' list players.

Sounds good to me. The only restriction would be that you can never choose the same player twice throughout the season. Agreed?

i've never done one of these but could be interested.

oh, and it's not a golf thread without natalie.

a1b1c4b2.jpg

Sure those are some tig ol' bitties, but I prefer her:

Anna%2BRawson%2Bclubs.jpg

^^ I was her caddy for an event once.

This weekends tournament is boring me, too much celebrity coverage:|

But, next weekend at Rivieria has an awesome field, it's practically a major! Can't wait.

Adams, Blake Goosen, Retief Ogilvy, Geoff
Allenby, Robert Goydos, Paul Oosthuizen, Louis
Appleby, Stuart Green, Nathan Overton, Jeff
Atwal, Arjun Haas, Bill Palmer, Ryan
Baddeley, Aaron Haas, Hunter Parnevik, Jesper
Barnes, Ricky Harrington, Padraig Pavin, Corey
Beckman, Cameron Hayes, J.P. Perez, Pat
Beem, Rich Henry, J.J. Petrovic, Tim
Bettencourt, Matt Hoffman, Charley Pettersson, Carl
Blanks, Kris Holmes, J.B. Piercy, Scott
Bohn, Jason Howell III, Charles Points, D.A.
Bradley, Michael Ikeda, Yuta Prugh, Alex
Bramlett, Joseph Imada, Ryuji Reavie, Chez
Byrd, Jonathan Immelman, Trevor Riley, Chris
Cabrera, Angel Ishikawa, Ryo Rollins, John
Campbell, Chad Johnson, Dustin Romero, Andres
Casey, Paul Johnson, Zach Rose, Justin
Cejka, Alex Jones, Matt Sabbatini, Rory
Chalmers, Greg Karlsson, Robert Senden, John
Choi, K.J. Kim, Anthony Sim, Michael
Cink, Stewart Kim, Kyung-tae Singh, Vijay
Clark, Tim Kirk, Chris Snedeker, Brandt
Collins, Chad Kuchar, Matt Stadler, Kevin
Connell, Michael Laird, Martin Steele, Brendan
Couples, Fred Lamely, Derek Streelman, Kevin
Curtis, Ben Leishman, Marc Stricker, Steve
Davis, Brian Leonard, Justin Stroud, Chris
Day, Jason Levin, Spencer Summerhays, Daniel
de Jonge, Brendon Lunde, Bill Sutherland, Kevin
DiMarco, Chris Lyle, Jarrod Taylor, Vaughn
Donald, Luke MacKenzie, Will Teater, Josh
Dufner, Jason Maggert, Jeff Thatcher, Roland
Durant, Joe Mahan, Hunter Tomasulo, Peter
Duval, David Marino, Steve Trahan, D.J.
Elkington, Steve Martin, Ben Tringale, Cameron
Els, Ernie Matteson, Troy Turnesa, Marc
Faxon, Brad Mayfair, Billy Van Pelt, Bo
Fiedler, Jon McCarron, Scott Vegas, Jhonattan
Flesch, Steve McGirt, William Walker, Jimmy
Fowler, Rickie Mediate, Rocco Watney, Nick
Frazar, Harrison Merritt, Troy Watson, Bubba
Funk, Fred Micheel, Shaun Weir, Mike
Furyk, Jim Mickelson, Phil Wi, Charlie
Gainey, Tommy Molder, Bryce Wilson, Dean
Garrigus, Robert Moore, Ryan Wilson, Mark
Gillis, Tom Na, Kevin Yang, Y.E.
Glover, Lucas O'Hair, Sean

I was a 7 handicap but have only played 5 times in the last 18 months
and yes, I play 7000 yards +
Golf is truly the greatest sport on the planet, Im glad I got the itch back this year
Today is first day of 'spring training' for me
chip and putt friends, chip and putt as much as you can and the game comes together

I too will not miss a Major sunday

I like our future with A Kim, Rory , etc....
Tiger will be back
Firing a 71 is the greatest accomplishment of my life

But an 84 on EXcty was funner.....

I hope Kaymer beats Donald at least 6 and 5, I fucking hate all the English golfers, but Donald might be the most tolerable.

Match play is fun, but i'm looking forward to the Honda Classic next weekend.

Fuckin Golf rocks.
I like watchin the tour on sundays noddin out. I still play once in a while...

my 6 handicap is embarrassing considering I played at scratch at one point. When I was really young my dad would give me $20 to go play skins at the local muni and I would end up playing $10/ hole skins with a bunch of old guys who thought I was an easy mark. I never lost because I COULDN'T since I didn't have the money to pay up, haha.

Swingin some Mizuno MP Blades with Rifle shafts.
Sonartec woods - such a great club.

My other Irons are DCI's, TA 845 Cavity-backs or an OLD set of Mizuno Blades.
All this new club technology is confusing.
Tom Watson is still my favorite player to watch. He almost wins 3 majors in 3 years and he is old as shit. Plus I love how he putts, just ram that shit home.

Nice to see this thread... I've dropped my handicap 10 strokes over the last year since playing more & upgraded irons... Heading to Mrytle Beach for 3 days this spring for some golf &......well...some personal freedom?! :).....Arizona is a golfer's paradise.

when Rory Sabbatini wins a tourney, an african baby dies of aidz.

i can't stand that fucking guy.

when Rory Sabbatini wins a tourney, an african baby dies of aidz.

i can't stand that fucking guy.

I know, what's up that. Just must be some of the golfer's facial expressions or something. There's some golfers I just can't stand or love for that matter for no particular real reason...:\

nah - he's an arrogant prick.

i was in the stands on sunday at the at&t classic a few years ago and these dudes next to me were giving him absolute hell.

"hit it with your purse sabbatini"

"does your husband play?"

pretty funny shit.