• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Gold Coast police 'make up warrants'

Mr Blonde said:
Fuck, probably not but if I lived back in those days I would have moved the hell outta there pretty fast.

Was that during the Joh Bjelke-Peterson era?

Just looked it up, Looks like they can still do it :X

Police Powers

Police have relatively wide powers under the Drugs Misuse Act. Police are able to search vehicles that they reasonably suspect contain evidence of a drug offence. They are also able to detain and search a person and anything in their possession (such as a wallet or a bag) if they think that person has in their possession evidence of the commission of a drug offence.

If a police officer reasonably suspects that a drug offence has been committed and requires information from a person who they reasonably believe can assist in the investigation, then they can require that the person state their name and address and their date and place of birth. If the person who is requested to provide such information fails to do so, then they commit an offence punishable by one (1) months imprisonment, or a fine of up to $750.00.

Under the Police Powers and Responsibilities Act, a police officer who reasonably suspects that a person who has in their possession anything that may be a dangerous drug, may stop, detain, and search that person, or anything in that person’s possession. The police officer may form a reasonable suspicion if, say, the person smells of marijuana, or the person seems affected by a drug.

"reasonably suspects"

that means they have to have 'probable cause' as they say in the US

permastoned said:
"reasonably suspects"

that means they have to have 'probable cause' as they say in the US

If you have a previous drug conviction or with someone who does, that's enough for them to reasonably suspect. Enough for them to strip search everyone in the car and go back to your house and search it.

This is Queensland remember, The drug laws are way stricter than the rest of Australian states they put people in jail for bongs or seeds everyday. A place where you can get charged with escaping legal custody for refusing to get out of a police car.

^^^MADDYBOY are you serious
i doubt that i have hhad cops come to houses where they seen a bong and we said only used for tabacco and they let it off.
sriously what is the laws in QLD. that are so strict?

Sure maddog? I thought it wasn't a crime to not cooperate, just a crime to resist.