Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Gold Coast police 'make up warrants'

tadfish

Ex-Bluelighter
Queensland Police officers have been accused of regularly using illegal search warrants to raid innocent people's homes.

The Seven Network on Monday reported that whistleblower detectives claimed officers on the Gold Coast regularly made up evidence to obtain warrants.

The subsequent raids were allegedly used to further the careers of senior management, the network claimed.

The detectives, who asked for their identities to remain secret, also claimed corruption watchdog the Crime and Misconduct Commission had failed to investigate numerous complaints about the alleged illegally obtained warrants.

One detective told the network that illegal warrants had been used in hundreds of raids on the Gold Coast in the last five years.

"This is a major corruption scandal," he told Seven News.

"Specific evidence is required for a search warrant application but on many occasions on the Gold Coast ... that information is simply made up."

He claimed officers routinely drove around public carparks to pick up random licence plate numbers to use in search warrant applications.

"It is done for the purpose of arrest figures and obtaining numbers of search warrants," he said.

Another officer accused senior management of organising "raid days" where warrants applications were "dumped" on officers desks.

"If you didn't have details for 25 warrants then you had to make up addresses and grounds for warrants," he told the network.

"It is a rat's nest. Really good police offices are being made to act illegally."

He claimed police used justices of the peace, who would not read the grounds before signing, to take out the warrants.

A third officer, a former Gold Coast detective, told the network that the "dodgy" warrants were generated to get "keep figures up".

"The grounds of the warrants would not be correct but basically everyone knew you had to meet monthly total of raids and warrants or you would never get a detective's appointment," he said.

"You had to get seven arrests a month to justify yourself. We would have raid days at least once a month were you would have to have warrants.

"Everyone did it. Everyone knew it was wrong but everyone knew you had to get the figures up," he said.

The network claimed the allegations had been referred to the Police Ethical Standards Command 18 months ago but the investigation by police was still unfinished.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=650157

great to see our police force in action

All fucking pussies. Taking the easy way in.

If they were good enough officers, they'd decimate their quota without having to make shit up.

They were the kids who got other kids to write their essays through school.

Failures who turned to the force.

Bullshit

Ahkei said:
All fucking pussies. Taking the easy way in.

If they were good enough officers, they'd decimate their quota without having to make shit up.

They were the kids who got other kids to write their essays through school.

Failures who turned to the force.

Dogs that turn into pigs. Whats the colour of a 2 cent piece...
Anyone been falsely raided? probably not on Bluelight. I don't think this is isolated to the gold caost at all i seen it first hand; houses raided even a few times only to find nothing and to be raided on what incriminating evidence? none!

A mate of mine is a highyway patrol cop in perth and he told me that they're really frowned upon if they dont issue 7 tickets per day. If he's on 4 near the end of the day he resorts to giving tickets for stupid (but still technically illegal) stuff like not indicating coming out of a roundabout (you're supposed to indicate left when you leave a roundabout even if your going straight).

tadfish said:
Dogs that turn into pigs. Whats the colour of a 2 cent piece...
Anyone been falsely raided? probably not on Bluelight. I don't think this is isolated to the gold caost at all i seen it first hand; houses raided even a few times only to find nothing and to be raided on what incriminating evidence? none!

One of my weed dealers that lives in view of a place that was on fire recently in my town. He called in the blaze, and reportedly if he didn't call when he did the whole complex would have been destroyed.

The cops apparently picked up that he looked stoned, and when asked, he said he was.

They raided his house the next day.

Only got a little amount from him though, only perso, which was lucky.

^ Fuck, that's bad luck. :/

I just saw this on Seven News... I laughed at the pensioner who was raided and the cops asked for his credit cards and to search his car, even though he doesn't have one. =D

It sounds like the QLD police is due for a much needed shake up.

Mr. White said:
A mate of mine is a highyway patrol cop in perth and he told me that they're really frowned upon if they dont issue 7 tickets per day. If he's on 4 near the end of the day he resorts to giving tickets for stupid (but still technically illegal) stuff like not indicating coming out of a roundabout (you're supposed to indicate left when you leave a roundabout even if your going straight).

I was taught to do this, but when I did it on the test I got marked down for 'superfluous indicating when exiting roundabout.'

Wonder what stories will surface now the media is hunting for a story. Yeah its all over the news over in QLD.

^^ i actually failed my first license driving test because i failed to indicate out of roundabouts. that was the only thing i did wrong so i was pretty pissed off. about the warrants, dissapointing but not suprising. im sure this isnt just isolated in QLD either

Alot of people in Queensland who were raided or arrested by these officers might just be getting some $$$$ or even let out of jail.

And to think only the parking officers had a quota and now the police ...

Anyone on the Gold Coast who has been raided and nothing found I would be contacting a lawyer.

cudds said:
^^ i actually failed my first license driving test because i failed to indicate out of roundabouts. that was the only thing i did wrong so i was pretty pissed off. about the warrants, dissapointing but not suprising. im sure this isnt just isolated in QLD either

How long ago was that? I don't know if incorrect indicating is a critical error or not... you can have 9 non-critical driving errors but one critical one and you fail.

Sorry to hijack the thread everyone, heh.

Anyone on the Gold Coast who has been raided and nothing found I would be contacting a lawyer.

If they did find something I'd at least be trying to get that warrant looked at to see if it's valid or not.

Im in the midst of my L plates now and will be going for the P's soon.

Yehh, you have to indicate out of roundabouts, but mr blonde is right, its not a critical error. Critical errors are like speeding, not stopping at stop lights, not giving way etc.)

It depends on the instructor you get. The driving place at wynnum in brisbane has this bitch everyone calls fail gayle, because she fails people on non-critical errors lol.

i think it was the fact that i didn't indicate out of a roundabout alot of times. so it was a non critical error that may have been repeated more than nine times.(the place i was doing it at was all round abouts, no lights) this was about 4 years ago.

^ It would only have had to have been three times then I think, if you make the same non-critical error three times it's a fail.

God damn it, this has gone off topic. =D

People always ask me why I hate cops, well now you know.

Cops are just pathetic little bitches, they arent heroes, they just think they are, the funny thing is though that they are pretty much the only ones who think they are doing any good.

There are good cops out there(very, very few) and yes I know the world would be an awful place if there were no cops but pretty much all cops need their heads screwed on right.

From my personal opinion though if your a cop your a fucking DOG! If your a cop and you want to change my opinion of that then do something right for once and stop pestering the people who dont deserve it just to get yourself money and a better name. Corrupt cops make me sick, I dont even believe in hell but corrupt cops will go somewhere worse than that when they die, corrupt cops are beyond my worst enemy.

Yeah I used to have a fairly neautral view of cops, didn't hate them just thought they were regular people doing their job.

The sum of all my dealings with them over the course of my life is that I've come to the conclusion that they're mostly, corrupt, power hungry ego-centric assholes.

Mr Blonde said:
^ Fuck, that's bad luck. :/

I just saw this on Seven News... I laughed at the pensioner who was raided and the cops asked for his credit cards and to search his car, even though he doesn't have one. =D

It sounds like the QLD police is due for a much needed shake up.

I was taught to do this, but when I did it on the test I got marked down for 'superfluous indicating when exiting roundabout.'

In Queensland they used to be able to detain you under the health act and search your house, car and body with no warrant. Not sure if this is still the case.

Fuck, probably not but if I lived back in those days I would have moved the hell outta there pretty fast.

Was that during the Joh Bjelke-Peterson era?

Fuck the police.
I like seeing there own being investigated. Who will take the fall. what will turn up.
Does this country have the illegal search and seizure laws like the US. can the cops entering the properties and finding stuff what is the presidant there.
I thoguht they had to be invited in or see a crime or chance or serious danger to enter without a warrent what happens if there warrant is bullshit. Its still legal to entre even though the evidence is a pile of shit. the ground to grant a warrent need looking at as police just raid for fuck all reason only disrupt the australia's, invasion of privacy and it paints a bad picture of you. I know people who have been raided for ebay items never imported and just for being around ex-crims.