• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Going to IV H for the first time. Advice for starting dose

Space junk you couldn't have said it better.... Also remember many addicts destroy their veins, can't hit their arms, then legs, and finally end up spending thirty min in a mirror trying to hit the jugular (big ol' neck vein) or some men just go overboard and hit their wang although not often.

Edit: \/ your an definitely fits you ;)

Last edited:
P.S. All you cats talking about plugging your H lol teh fuck is wrong with you. I'd rather IV than feel like a complete jackass laying on my back squirting dope in my butt. Have some decency ;) Thats just my feeling. Peace

I completely agree with you on this! I would rather be a junkie destroying my arms rather than sticking drugs up my butt lol. I dont know, it just seems wrong to me. To each their own i guess.

Or you could just man up and do without until your shit is filled. That's what I do and I take the same as you do. It sucks but with some comfort meds you can get through it easily and your refill is here before you know it.

just don't do it. once you start shooting you'll never stop. trying to stop is hard enough when you're just smoking H. once you start shooting it's a losing game.

Or you could just man up and do without until your shit is filled. That's what I do and I take the same as you do. It sucks but with some comfort meds you can get through it easily and your refill is here before you know it.
Not only do many not have access to "comfort" meds, but some people end up worse with those meds to a degree of suicidal nature. Gabapentin is one I can't stand and benzos give me rebound anxiety bad

I'm glad you did not IV it, as a lot of people wind up dying from IV heroin, and yes it can happen the first time they use it, or at other times. Good luck quitting opiates.

Not only do many not have access to "comfort" meds, but some people end up worse with those meds to a degree of suicidal nature. Gabapentin is one I can't stand and benzos give me rebound anxiety bad

Everyone can get loperamide and Benadryl

Pretty stoked that you didn't try shooting! Yours is still a 'baby' habit, most that travel the route of iv administration seldom make it back. Good luck tapering down!

Everyone can get loperamide and Benadryl
Benadryl doesn't do shit while risking unsafe deleriius effects if the dose gets to high and with lope* there are too many researched dangers associated with innapropriete high dose and or long term use for withdrawals or even for some they think they are getting high. Seriously it sounds like you've never had a real withdrawal or had to do it with a real physical ailment that causes you real excruciating level ten pain only made exponuntially worse when withdrawing. It's not that easy for some people.

Edit: * Added with lope

Last edited:
Benadryl doesn't do shit while risking unsafe deleriius effects if the dose gets to high and there are too many researched dangers associated with innapropriete high dose and or long term use for withdrawals or even for some they think they are getting high. Seriously it sounds like you've never had a real withdrawal or had to do it with a real physical ailment that causes you real excruciating level ten pain only made exponuntially worse when withdrawing. It's not that easy for some people.

Not sure how you think you can manage to figure me and my life out by two post I made but come on. This cat isn't dropping 300mg at a time. I know far more about withdrawal than I care to. I was spending a ton of money every month to avoid withdrawal until I finally said enough is enough. It's more about your frame of mind than anything else. I might be singing a different song if I knew I was never going to get my percs again but knowing I'm 11-13 days out I suck the shit up and work through it.

We are all tough in situations that require it, this just happens to be one of them that people refuse to get tough on. This cat can make it two weeks if he wanted to.

You are right and I do not know you and I was a bit harsh, but that's no excuse and I won't try to give any...

That said I know how it is. I tend to utalize my opana before they are due and I tend to resort to dope as sadly it gets fronted. That's why honestly I think PST is better as it is natural even if unstandardized as lope is not really standardized as well with no safe dose guideline. I also noticed there is a typo and I left out lope before the description of the risks.

Benadryl is definitely psychoactive for me, problem is it's the opposite of a "comfort med". It makes me head feel like it's made of solid lead LOL. I can't stand the feeling of being on diphenhydramine.

So I am a bit of an oxycontin addict but I have to wait another two weeks before I get anymore. Only thing I can get right now is black tar H and it doesn't seem very good as it is impossible to get high from smoking it. All it does is help with oxy withdrawal. Anyway I am thinking of trying to shoot it for the first time. Like I said I have a pretty big oxy tolerance like 80mg to get a good high. Anybody have any advice for me as far as a good first time dose for iving black tar? Again the shit doesnt seem very strong. I don't need any responses telling me that H is bad and i shouldn't shoot up or any crap like that. I know what im getting into so all I want is real actual advice. Thanks!

Wish I could help you....but where I'm at, we only get powder form H.

I will say this though, the bioavailibility of IV vs. smoking is a good bit higher, so you WILL achieve the desired effects if you do it right.

The other thing I will say is, if you have NO experience with IV, you really should get someone who is experienced to shoot you up, and watch the entire process. Shooting up is one of those things that is real easy once you figure it out, but until you do its a pain in the ass. It is also one of those things that you really should learn by WATCHING rather than reading.

Clonidine is a great comfort med, and fairly easy to get a doc to Rx you for the purposes of WD, generally.

My point exactly

Your exact point was because a few people react differently to the Benadryl the OP shouldn't try it? Many, many people are able to sleep because of a mere 50mg of Benadryl. I hardly see it as bad advice. If the OP took it and did not get the desired effects I could understand but why not at least try it?

Your exact point was because a few people react differently to the Benadryl the OP shouldn't try it? Many, many people are able to sleep because of a mere 50mg of Benadryl. I hardly see it as bad advice. If the OP took it and did not get the desired effects I could understand but why not at least try it?
I never said your advice was bad, but you really explained it in a way that was not acknowledging the real struggle it is. You made it sounds as easy as keep eating meds until you feel good, which for many is not the answer as they need nutrition and exercise before meds or else are just naturally unable to find comfort in those meds.

" I have to say I've never used heroin or a needle,but I will tell you this: almost every Bluelighter that comes through here and makes the switch from oxy -> heroin saves money in the beginning due to better bang for your buck,but eventually ends up using the same money they used to spend on oxy due to tolerance increasing from using massive amounts of cheap opiates. "
Can confirm. Was happy to save money st first...but now spend just as much. I don't iv. I don't have good veins. I think about it from tinged to time but I know it wouldn't ends well for me. I'm a hard shot.

And now, in wd, what I used to think was a decent dose of oxy, won't get me out of withdrawal.

I know you will do what you please. Please, be careful.

Peace.

Just wanna say, there is a percentage that can try IV and not get hooked and ruin there life. I've slammed heroin a few times in my life and yeah it was great. But I'm content with Just smoking it, it's all about self control I guess. Plus I'm a drug addict who does all drugs especially meth and benzos. And i feel like I'm staying one step above the bottom by not getting addicted to the needle.