• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Going to die or what?

definitelynotjason

Greenlighter
The person referred to in this thread is 20 years old, strength and cardio trained 5 days a week before this recent "binge" has gotten a little skinny but for the most part has maintained muscle mass and an athletic physique, has never been diagnosed with anything serious, so he's assuming his general health is good aside from methamphetamine use.

He screwed up about a month ago and railed some dope while visiting with his good friend. It was awesome, his heart was racing in a good way, he knew everything etc. Since then he's been getting high most days taking 1-3 day breaks here and there. He does plan on calling it quits after the current sack. He gets regular sleep usually atleast 5 or 6 hours a night sometimes 8-10 if he gets to bed early. Eats regularly, and drinks alot of water. I will note that a couple points can last him from 1 to 2 weeks. Now recently when he gets high it's almost like an instant comedown. Not as bad as that but he chills out more than anything, he isn't getting energized really and is more socially retarded. Usually he is laser focused and a master of conversation. His heart rate does not get very high anymore maybe around 100bpm at its highest, but it does thump hard sometimes. He isn't getting any severe pain but does occasionally get a tight/sore feeling in his arms and chest, mainly the left side, sometimes with minor aches that can come and go. His left chest will feel hot after smoking. He has gotten some short lived throbbing sharp pains in the left bicep on some days that he hasn't used and figures its due to the stress on the arteries. He does feel relatively fine when interacting with other people though so he knows some of it is anxiety. There are a few other symptoms but he is having a hard time thinking about it at the moment. He wants to enjoy the rest of his dope before calling it quits but doesn't want to do himself any serious harm. Has his tolerance gotten to a point where the ammount he is doing is not getting him high but still giving him the not so great side effects? Should he be concerned for his health? there are people in much worse shape than him who use alot more daily and are just fine so he is wondering what this could be about. Anything you have to add will be greatly appreciated. he will answer questions as best he can. thanks

Have you tried using smaller doses? When i take too much amphetamine i can feel my muscles clench you prob arent aware od it but prob are unconciously flexing your musckes wearing them out. Also different people can tolerate different levels of arousal they might bebtrying to feel like they are bunge jumping off a cliff but that doesnt mean you cant use less.

Have you tried using smaller doses? When i take too much amphetamine i can feel my muscles clench you prob arent aware od it but prob are unconciously flexing your musckes wearing them out. Also different people can tolerate different levels of arousal they might bebtrying to feel like they are bunge jumping off a cliff but that doesnt mean you cant use less.
thats the thing. His doses are small compared to most users he will usually take a pretty small bump and be high for a few hours until he needs to take another one, stopping a few hours before bedtime. Today he took a small bump in the early afternoon, went to the neighbors and loaded up a bowl and took like 4 rips and left the rest for the neighbor and is still not feeling how he should be

Any chance he could OD or cause serious harm with the small amount that he does? Could the toxins add up in his body over the days and cause OD or is there a certain point where you can no longer OD on the dope you did earlier

Please refer to yourself in the first person. Using any form of SWIM is against the rules. It's unnecessary.

Yes, you should read the forum guidelines to learn the forum rules ;)

I tease. I know it sounds silly and arbitrary and stupid, but it reads poorly and affords you no legal protection. Just giving you a heads up

You're gonna be just fine. There's a different post here that I love that goes something like:

When you're nervous about having a heart attack on stimulants ask the following questions:

1) Do you or does your family have a history of heart failure?
2) Are you 105 years old?
3) Have you taken a stimulant in the last 24 hours?

If the answer is no, no, yes then you're fine.

The truth is you're now experiencing the fun of super-rapid amphetamine tolerance. It's hell and I'd stop as soon as you can, which I suspect will be a lot more difficult than you think.

The effects change over time with frequent use. You're not going to "feel like you're supposed to" no matter what you do. In fact you'll soon find that you're taking it just to be functional but still having increasing anxiety (like you're displaying with the heart) altered and impaired functioning, etc.

It fucking sucks.

Thanks JBrandon. you're right it does suck. basically you mean i'm at the beginning stages of full blown addiction and im tripping myself out is what i gathered from that. I am actually catching myself acting like the real flailers that are fried out on the street sometimes too so yeah it's probably time to stop. My main concern i guess was that I've been pushing my heart to the limit for the past month and that it might get the wrong signal and just up and stop suddenly. I figure this stuff is all happening to your body every time you're on dope but when you're high out of your mind you don't notice it so you don't give a fuck.
I did have a regular habit with both ecstacy and dope though when i was 17. I even went to the ER with the same sort of anxiety but because my heart was beating very fast, which is why i was worried about this because every time I've had anxiety it's been because i think my heart is going to explode, not because it's beating slower.
But yeah I had no problem kicking it cold turkey after a few months back then so I think i can do the same now pretty easily if i do it now.
If I were to redose a slightly higher amount for today do you think it would do anything for me? even to just take the edge off of feeling like a slow dipshit.
I think i'm going to finish out the day and put my stuff in a safe place for some future venture when the tolerance is lower and the time is right.

What is the likelyhood of somebody actually hurting themselves by doing such small amounts and how long do the toxic effects last in the body after last use? If anybody knows

Sorry for the horrible writing structure and long ass replies btw guys. As you may see the amps are still having some effect.

Ive had my heart rate at 100 at doctors visits and they just checked my heart with a ekg i think and ultrasound. I think it isnt as simple as your hearts racing so your gunna die just that high pulse is correlated with heart problems. But i also had low blood pressure. I think the issue is when you already have plague build up and you constrict the veins or you have a structural defect and tell the heart to beat fast and it starts to hypertrophy or the ion channels start sending out irregular signals.

Not sure I understand what you mean. Are you saying that that could be my problem? do you mean that blood pressure is so high from the amps that your heart won't pump as fast as it needs to and gets bigger?
I've had heart rate up above 150 because it was at 120 on dope and i freaked myself out, they did the same thing at the hospital just checked me with ekg and gave me a benzo and that was that. I'm not worried that my HR is too fast i'm worried that it's too slow for being on dope

If you are a healthy young man your heart will be fine.

It's been a few hours but I'm curious if you tried to get higher or not. I remember following the same exact arc that you are right now, until finally my body just gave out - total exhaustion - and I collapsed. No heart attack or anything. Just too strung for too long. No amount would get me higher. Later on, I had an actual amp overdose.

And yes, I'd say you're at the start of addiction. In fact I'd say you're probably quite a bit more addicted than you think you are at the moment. You can't know until you try to stop.

Also if you're truly nervous about your heart, you can get a wrist-worn blood pressure monitor at Walgreens for like $30. Then you can see what your pulse and BP actually are, because when you're high and anxious there's no way you're gonna take an accurate pulse on your own.

I think it was easier in the end for me to kick heroin than it has been for me to get away from meth, and that's saying something.

Good luck man.

Ended up getting higher that day. definitely tolerance because i was high as a kite the rest of the day after doing a pretty fat line for me. next day i way over did myself and had what i hope was a panic attack and ended up dumping my shit down the drain in the shower yesterday. still getting some sharp pains in chest left arm and slight migraines. Fuck meth. fuck drugs etc etc

Ya stimulants when they kick in hard the only way i can describe it as is someone pulling a knife and threatening to stab you. Because all of a sudden even stops all you hear is ringing then all of a sudden every sound from the neighbor weeding wacking one house down while your inside to every bird chirp and you are looking around like either your expecting to see a winning lottery ticket or because your expecting to someone with a knife about to rob you.

The issue with stimulants is terror fear panic and stimulated euphoria seem to so closely overlaping in the brain its very easy to hit the wrong buttons trying to push that rush.

Ended up getting higher that day. definitely tolerance because i was high as a kite the rest of the day after doing a pretty fat line for me. next day i way over did myself and had what i hope was a panic attack and ended up dumping my shit down the drain in the shower yesterday. still getting some sharp pains in chest left arm and slight migraines. Fuck meth. fuck drugs etc etc

Now try to hold on to the memory of this terrible experience when the cravings kick in and maybe it will help you stay away. Takes weeks for chest pains to go away but I've found for me they're almost 100% muscular - cramps, damage from vigorously jerking it for hours, etc etc.