• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids going to a doctor & telling them i am an opiate addict

Since methadone is not an opiton I would find a doctor that is a Suboxone doctor, call all the doctors in the area and look online for the ones listed, you may have to be on a highish dose if your taking 300mg of oxy and poppy seeds to(make sure you are in FULL W/d before you take a strip, esp since you take poppy seeds also, long half life). Just try to stick with it and don't abuse it(yes it can be snorted/shot in MICRODOSES to give the person a glow, but I think your tolerance is too high to even do that) also if you are prescribed anything like benzo's/somaa/any gaba drug take AS PRESCRIBED. Though I need both I started taking benzo's ALOT like people do with Methadone...also taking other stuff like Soma's etc to catch nods..don't do that it just makes it harder, if your doctor is okay with it smoke weed and just take your subs and if you are prescribed anything like benzos just take them as prescribed....

Edit: Also, since you are on such a high dose and have been taking opiates for such a long time, it might take a week or so to feel stableized.

I've been interested in the new Zubsolv, because I like the idea of tablets better than the damn nasty sub films.
Probably expensive I imagine, who knows. I just hate to literally be FORCED onto bupe or meth when I KNOW for a fact I would maintain much better on 60mg MSContin 2-3X a day, but doctors are so hit and miss....I've been getting 90 10/325 Norcos for 2 years now and i'm scared if I ask the doctor for something stronger, or without the Tylenol that he will force me off the meds, and back into pain.

I can relate to your situation OP since the 30th I went through 180 Norco 10mgs and somehow I don't have but 2 left, 1 50mg tramadol, and 1.5 1mg Ativan......TWO FUCKING PILLS....I have nightmares just like this lol, I find 2 measley pills in a cabinet think "that's not enough no fucking way gotta find more" then usually I wake up with NO pills.
Withdrawal used to be easy but it get's worse everytime....the physical pain is worst, I can deal with the depression suicidial thoughts, chills and loose bowels, but I CANNOT take the pain in my bones/muscles back neck shoulders knees...so mainly my entire center mass hurts 24/7.
That's why I haven't asked for suboxone, because it don't help the pain much, and methadone gave me heart palpitations/anxiety/dysphoria....mind you I've never opened up to a doctor about my OPIATE ABUSE for fear of loosing my OPIATE RX....nevermind the fact that I function 20X better on a full-agonist, they're SCHEDULE II and i'm only 21.
But shit, Hydro is schedule II now so next appointment I might as well just bite the bullet, say "Doc, the pain is back I need something stronger or different cause I have to function" which he'll answer 1 of 3 ways....1.) no more meds go CT....2.) Have you tried methadone/suboxone:p?
Or 3.)(least likely) have you tried the new Zohydro/Hysingla/MScontin....if he picked #3 i'd have a shot at managing my pain and opiate habit...if not i'm going down,,,down,down down down down....

Alas I wish you luck OP, my withdrawal hasn't even BEGUN and i'm in a perpetual state of nightmares and suicidal thoughts (better atm).

PS. make sure youre done with opiates for good if you go on MEth/Subs they will JACK YOUR TOLERANCE UP HIGH...that's a big part of the reason i'm in such bad shape atm....last year this time I found a good connect for Subs on the street....used em when I ran out of my Rx....like this On hydro 1.5 weeks, on sub 3 weeks..Get refill back on hydro for 1 week, sub for 3 weeks...
Did that from last august-this July and my tolerance is higher than it'd ever been, and only through complete abstinence of SUBOXONE and LONG ACTING OPIATES has my tolerance finally started adjusting itself back to a reasonable level I've been at least 2.5 months with NO suboxone and it's slowly getting back to fair tolerance.

[people get infracted and banned for asking questions like this, redacted, one. -ed]

Good luck to you all addicted to opiates recreational, or therapeutic, doesn't matter in the end, we're all helplessly hoping for relief, at least I am and i'll pray for all of you..

that sucks treefer,. i too have those nightmares. in fact I have 80 oxycontin/and oxynorm and I'm still terrified of running out.

like a dog on his back with his paws in the air with no oxy , vulnerable.

To those wishing to try suboxone. It is not a long term treatment. It is used to stabalize your life and put you in a good place to withdrawal. If you stay on for a long time (what most of those cattle ranchers want) you will start experience the negative psychological effects that suboxone creates. The best bet is a fast taper to help mitigate withdrawals and to cease using opiates with comfort meds, a support group, and a program. Methadone is much better for long term maintenance though it has inherent risks. Methadone also works better when you have a support network and are dealing with your mental health issues.

I was hooked on opiates for quite a long time (over a decade). I tried everything. Short taper suboxone, long term suboxone maintenance, methadone maintenance...however it always left me wanting more. I never worked on the problems that caused me to use in the first place. My life seemed so dark and out of control. I did not think I would ever see an end to use, however I was able to beat it, and it is still an everyday struggle.

I guess if maintenance will work for you, good. Just make sure you do the work to heal your mind and spirit as well.

That's a very controversial subject. I was on sub for 5 years at a dose that varied between 1-3mg over time. It certainly didn't cure my opiate addiction but I really believe it kept me alive and out of prison. That's a pretty good outcome from a harm reduction perspective. I never experienced any negative side effects outside constipation which I learned to manage. I do agree with you about having to do the work on your life though if you really want to get fully better. I stayed in a bit of limbo while on it because I would dabble around with heroin regularly using the sub as a backstop against withdrawals. It worked until it stopped working but that's just the nature of the beast with some maintenance treatment unfortunately.

The statistics prove that maintenance produces better outcomes over time. Just from what I have seen with my eyes people on maintenance don't die and have a higher quality of life than they would if in active addiction. Some lift in quality of life is pretty much guaranteed but it tends to be somewhat marginal overall. The abstinence route is more all or nothing. everybody has tom make there on judgment on the risks I guess.

Last edited:
i have been struggling with the abstinence route lately. i was smoking abound a g of brown for a few years and quit cold turkey amd have been clean for 5 mmonths.

however, i have recently been playing around with codeine (500-600mg), dhc (~400mg) and methadone (~60-70mg) fairly infrequently as well as benzos and can see where this is going.

my question is: are there many addicts that have stated on low dose bupe maintenence (~2mg) with weekly carry outs who have skpiied their subs and had a nice smoke as a once/twice MAX treat?

i'm just really scared where this recent dabbling is leading and can see it leading diwn the slippery slope of heroin addiction.

my thought is that the subbies could kill the cravings/block the smack, yet still allow the occasional indulgence.

amy exp./success with this?

i have been struggling with the abstinence route lately. i was smoking abound a g of brown for a few years and quit cold turkey amd have been clean for 5 mmonths.

however, i have recently been playing around with codeine (500-600mg), dhc (~400mg) and methadone (~60-70mg) fairly infrequently as well as benzos and can see where this is going.

my question is: are there many addicts that have stated on low dose bupe maintenence (~2mg) with weekly carry outs who have skpiied their subs and had a nice smoke as a once/twice MAX treat?

i'm just really scared where this recent dabbling is leading and can see it leading diwn the slippery slope of heroin addiction.

my thought is that the subbies could kill the cravings/block the smack, yet still allow the occasional indulgence.

amy exp./success with this?

success is a relative term I guess but I did what your describing for a long time. I had periods where it worked perfectly and periods where it didn't. I found my sub sweet spot to be between 1-2mg. At that dose I could use whenever I wanted get 80 percent of the wanted effect then continue on with the sub the next day. It did fall apart after a few years but I don't think there are many guarantees in this game.

You can use on subs. It will just be greatly dulled at low doses 1-2mg and completely blocked at high doses 12-16mg. I developed a rip roaring IV cocaine habit while on suboxone....(let me tell you, sub does nothing for the comedown).

You are playing with fire though smackydowners. The more times you jump on then jump off of subs the more time is needed between doses of full agonist opiates and suboxone. At the end of my run, I would use heroin for a few days, then only do one bag the last day... I would be in withdrawal the next day....but when I took sub It made me even worse. The next time I did this I waited two days....same thing precipitated withdrawals. The last time I tried going back I waited three days. It was agony. I took a quarter of a subutex. Searing horrible withdrawals even worse than day three heroin withdrawals.I ended up trying to use the rest of the subutex 8mg pill 2mg every hour over the next three hours. No change in condition. I ended up taking a heroic dose of xanax to render myself unconcious (fortunately I didn't die from the sub and xanax mix) I ended up just going back to heroin after that. YMMV.

I've been interested in the new Zubsolv, because I like the idea of tablets better than the damn nasty sub films.
Probably expensive I imagine, who knows. I just hate to literally be FORCED onto bupe or meth when I KNOW for a fact I would maintain much better on 60mg MSContin 2-3X a day, but doctors are so hit and miss....I've been getting 90 10/325 Norcos for 2 years now and i'm scared if I ask the doctor for something stronger, or without the Tylenol that he will force me off the meds, and back into pain.

I can relate to your situation OP since the 30th I went through 180 Norco 10mgs and somehow I don't have but 2 left, 1 50mg tramadol, and 1.5 1mg Ativan......TWO FUCKING PILLS....I have nightmares just like this lol, I find 2 measley pills in a cabinet think "that's not enough no fucking way gotta find more" then usually I wake up with NO pills.
Withdrawal used to be easy but it get's worse everytime....the physical pain is worst, I can deal with the depression suicidial thoughts, chills and loose bowels, but I CANNOT take the pain in my bones/muscles back neck shoulders knees...so mainly my entire center mass hurts 24/7.
That's why I haven't asked for suboxone, because it don't help the pain much, and methadone gave me heart palpitations/anxiety/dysphoria....mind you I've never opened up to a doctor about my OPIATE ABUSE for fear of loosing my OPIATE RX....nevermind the fact that I function 20X better on a full-agonist, they're SCHEDULE II and i'm only 21.
But shit, Hydro is schedule II now so next appointment I might as well just bite the bullet, say "Doc, the pain is back I need something stronger or different cause I have to function" which he'll answer 1 of 3 ways....1.) no more meds go CT....2.) Have you tried methadone/suboxone:p?
Or 3.)(least likely) have you tried the new Zohydro/Hysingla/MScontin....if he picked #3 i'd have a shot at managing my pain and opiate habit...if not i'm going down,,,down,down down down down....

Alas I wish you luck OP, my withdrawal hasn't even BEGUN and i'm in a perpetual state of nightmares and suicidal thoughts (better atm).

PS. make sure youre done with opiates for good if you go on MEth/Subs they will JACK YOUR TOLERANCE UP HIGH...that's a big part of the reason i'm in such bad shape atm....last year this time I found a good connect for Subs on the street....used em when I ran out of my Rx....like this On hydro 1.5 weeks, on sub 3 weeks..Get refill back on hydro for 1 week, sub for 3 weeks...
Did that from last august-this July and my tolerance is higher than it'd ever been, and only through complete abstinence of SUBOXONE and LONG ACTING OPIATES has my tolerance finally started adjusting itself back to a reasonable level I've been at least 2.5 months with NO suboxone and it's slowly getting back to fair tolerance.

[people get infracted and banned for asking questions like this, redacted, one. -ed]

Good luck to you all addicted to opiates recreational, or therapeutic, doesn't matter in the end, we're all helplessly hoping for relief, at least I am and i'll pray for all of you..

I would imagine that much Tylenol is killing your stomach. You should talk to ur dr