• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids going through involuntary WD from DHC continu (dihydrocodeine)

newbiecodone

Bluelighter
going through involuntary WD from dihydrocodeine 20mg xanax did nothing

Hi guys Iam going to make this short so tommorow is my birthday and about 11 am I can go and pick upd my 120 mg box of DHC%) now I have this is the second day of my WD yeterday got some tramadol prolonged release 200mgs did not do jack shit for my WD and Iam affraid to go about 400mgs my dosages can go up to 1200mgs of DHC but on normal day like work day I can normaly survive on 360mg dosages and work efficiently just got a new cool job analyst at a startup which is alsmost getting to a corporation level so I have a nice job now I missed out one day so far because I ran out of my DHC and just could not bring my self to put on a fake smile and deal with the bs over there. Now the question is and I know this is stupid but thorugh this day I got 60x 1mg xanax pills took over the course of the day about 20 of them now I have a slight tolerance few times a month I take 2 mgs or 4mgs of xanax with my DHC feels very nice but it just did not knock me out I slept like 2 hours it is 4am now I woke up at about 2am and went to bed at about 1 am... can anybody explain why the xanax did almost nothing exept a very slight release of angsiiety I had some weird memorys which I forgot in the haze of drugs and I had this guilt and goose bumps that almost hurt shits everything exept womiting just dry heaving and coughing I alway snees and cough thorugh WDs weird. anyway thank you for any ideas why the xanies did nothing almost at that high dosage.

Last edited:
Well happy birthday to you NC but I'm having a little trouble putting the timelines together in your post. So you're on Tramadol now and picking up some DHC today? Then you acquired 60mg of alprazolam and took 20 over the course of today and it only gave you an hour or two of sleep? That would qualify as anomalous and have me thinking that they could be fakes, but you claim that you also take alprazolam a couple times a month and it works well with your DHC, is it from the same batch of alprazolam or the same pharmacy? Maybe I'm missing something here but even in rough W/D's that much alpraz should knock you out , if not to a comatose like state. Maybe you could elucidate the timelines a little better for me and others in order to get some more responses..

I dunno, benzos can be fairly useless for WDs a lot of the time.
If you have any kind of tolerance i would't expect them to always knock you out - opiate withdrawal insomnia can be really severe for a lot of people.
Sounds like you're experiencing amnesia/blackouts though, so uh be careful.
That's a lot of xanax.
It doesn't really ease WD either - just some anxiety, maybe.

If you're picking up tomorrow, i guess it's just a matter of counting down the hours.
Maybe try to take lower doses so you don't continually run out like this (and when you're in WD it may allow you to get by on a lower dose - like a "tolerance break" kinda deal?).

Happy birthday, and stick with it. You'll get there man!