• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos going off xanax- have ativan will it help? i feel so weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDLuva

Greenlighter
ive been off xanax before but I am on 3mg a day of xanax, and i have ativan right now but im just wondering if it can help or not because I dot want to have seizure/death obviously, just scared right now i dont know why im not better right now from the dizziness/confusion as I took a ...1mg of lorapezam thing right now.

yes very much so. Take that now. Stopping Xanax cold turkey is rough and can have serious consequences if not done properly or under constant supervision. In no way am I saying to not quit, proud of you its tough, keep powering through. I was lucky to be in a rehab and they did give me ativan for that purpose. They always had eyes on me, even more so than heroin addicts and meth users, which suprised me. Never let me go outside alone or leave the detox house for a couple weeks. I was on between 4 and 8 bars a day though, along with being a huge alcoholic wasn't a good combo, since both cause seizures after stopping abruptly. Not to mention the constant blackouts. Long story short take it for a couple weeks after stopping the bars. It will help with the symptoms of the withdrawal, as well as ease your mind of the seizure possibility. 3mg a day, probly won't cause seizures, but it doesnt hurt. Dizziness and confusions gonna last a short while. I experienced that, as well as short term memory loss, trouble concentrating on things for a long period of time, anxiety, hard time sleeping, very weak for a while, and a slight loss in appetite. How long were you on 3mg a day? Youl feel back to normal anywhere from a couple weeks to a few months. Keep us updated and take the ativan.

Here is a link to the Ashton Manual - it details how to taper and also has a benzo equivalency chart. It can give you an idea of how much Ativan you should take to keep yourself out of withdrawals. Feel free to hit me up if you have questions - if you do a slow taper your withdrawal shouldn't be too bad.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Status
Not open for further replies.